Can Someone Please Explain !?

TruSoul

i recently went to punjab and visited gurdwara harianbela and met nihung gurdev (2nd incharge) singh ji and asked him why do nihungs do jatka. he told me guru gobind singh made the singhs do jhatka to test if they were capable of fighting battles against mughals or not. he said if a singh doesnt even have the courage to behead a goat how will he fight battles vs the muslims. he said that our people were so oppressed and afriad at the time that guru gobind singh ji made the singhs to jahtka to give them courage and bir rass in order to fight the tyranny of the muhgals. He said guru sahib himself did shikar. fateh

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain why they do this ? I find this very disturbing !!

:S

i tried to add the video as a youtube insert didnt work!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Ji I saw this and couldn't believe it either. Here are some links regarding this topic:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=41309&hl=

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=41137

i recently went to punjab and visited gurdwara harianbela and met nihung gurdev (2nd incharge) singh ji and asked him why do nihungs do jatka. he told me guru gobind singh made the singhs do jhatka to test if they were capable of fighting battles against mughals or not. he said if a singh doesnt even have the courage to behead a goat how will he fight battles vs the muslims. he said that our people were so oppressed and afriad at the time that guru gobind singh ji made the singhs to jahtka to give them courage and bir rass in order to fight the tyranny of the muhgals. He said guru sahib himself did shikar. fateh

Gurdev ain't very bright is he, I'm sure guru ji wouldn't advocate the killing of a innocent goat to represent a tyranous Muslim in battle, some people just need to use there intuition more, there is a clear difference between right and wrong.

• 3 months later...

ok now. for all of you that dont know the history maryada about jhatka - im going to educate you.

IT IS NOT HINDU MARYADA.

in training for war whislt practising shastar vidiya, the higher you skill gets, the easer and quiker your killing gets. jhat means quick, and ka means to kill. jhatka - quick kill. now, it is easy to understand that you cannot practise jhatka in a training akhara, otherwise you'll end up killing your training partner. so the nihangs would practise jhatka on bakre. in our nihang maryada, it is believed that evry bakra that is killed through jhatka is reborn as a nihang warrior. this is providing the fact that the bakra is killed with 100% mentallity that it is being killed in seva of the panth. if when the head is severed, the body shakes - it was done wrong. so the singhs would have to practice on the bakra and give it mukti from this joon to become a nihang singh in its next joon.

And the tilak thing is that Shastar are only to be used to take blood. Otherwise they will take blood where and when they want to. Because Shastar are not just weapons, they are the form of Waheguru Ji. As written in Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji; ‘Mahakaal jagdees hai sarbloh avtar’. Mahakaal is the creator of the universe, and his form is of sarbloh – Shastar. So they put the blood on the Shastar out of respect and maryada as the Shastar are there to take blood.

As is the maryada that you don’t unsheathe your sri sahib for no reason. You only take it out when you have to take someones life. And when you do, you do it with jhatka – one strike kill. If you don’t take it out for that purpose, then the maryada is to slit your thumb slightly so that blood drops, wipe the blade then do your namaskar to the kirpan and put it back into the scabbard.

ok now. for all of you that dont know the history maryada about jhatka - im going to educate you.

IT IS NOT HINDU MARYADA.

Yes in the literal sence jhatka is just for killing one blow, but Jhatka for obtaining meat IS hindu maryada, seeing as it was first used by Rajputs, and guess what Rajputs are, HINDUS.

in training for war whislt practising shastar vidiya, the higher you skill gets, the easer and quiker your killing gets. jhat means quick, and ka means to kill. jhatka - quick kill. now, it is easy to understand that you cannot practise jhatka in a training akhara, otherwise you'll end up killing your training partner. so the nihangs would practise jhatka on bakre. in our nihang maryada, it is believed that evry bakra that is killed through jhatka is reborn as a nihang warrior. this is providing the fact that the bakra is killed with 100% mentallity that it is being killed in seva of the panth. if when the head is severed, the body shakes - it was done wrong. so the singhs would have to practice on the bakra and give it mukti from this joon to become a nihang singh in its next joon.

And Nihang Singhs are Vahegroo are they that they know where a soul is going to go next? come on give me a break. You know this 'seva of the panth' excuse actually reminds of when the taliban justify killing innocents as part of their missions.

And you just tell me where we have been given the right to use Vaheguroo's property as training material.

And the tilak thing is that Shastar are only to be used to take blood. Otherwise they will take blood where and when they want to. Because Shastar are not just weapons, they are the form of Waheguru Ji. As written in Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji; ‘Mahakaal jagdees hai sarbloh avtar’. Mahakaal is the creator of the universe, and his form is of sarbloh – Shastar. So they put the blood on the Shastar out of respect and maryada as the Shastar are there to take blood.

Where did Guroo Ji tell us to do it? Show me one place.

As is the maryada that you don’t unsheathe your sri sahib for no reason. You only take it out when you have to take someones life. And when you do, you do it with jhatka – one strike kill. If you don’t take it out for that purpose, then the maryada is to slit your thumb slightly so that blood drops, wipe the blade then do your namaskar to the kirpan and put it back into the scabbard.

Once more, show me once place Guroo Ji told us to do this.

not all maryada has been written down. this is the maryada that we nihang singh hav been carrying on at hazoor sahib ji since the time of Guru Ji. shastar vidiya jhatka maryada has been carried out from the times of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji. this training has been going on for a long time. unfortunately now people have become so westernised that they question everything in sikhi. see for you sikhi is a relisiog where seeing is believing. for nihangs sikhi is a way of life, a spirtuality where believing is seeing. this training maryada ispuratan. giani giaan singh i nirmala wrote in twareek guru khalsa that the history and existance of shastar vidiya will be forgotten and debated against. and he was right.

many great gursikhs have followed this maryada and preached it and taught it. expand your mind.

not all maryada has been written down. this is the maryada that we nihang singh hav been carrying on at hazoor sahib ji since the time of Guru Ji. shastar vidiya jhatka maryada has been carried out from the times of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji. this training has been going on for a long time. unfortunately now people have become so westernised that they question everything in sikhi. see for you sikhi is a relisiog where seeing is believing. for nihangs sikhi is a way of life, a spirtuality where believing is seeing. this training maryada ispuratan. giani giaan singh i nirmala wrote in twareek guru khalsa that the history and existance of shastar vidiya will be forgotten and debated against. and he was right.

many great gursikhs have followed this maryada and preached it and taught it. expand your mind.

"sikhi is a relisiog" was supposed to be sikhi is a religion

If you dont like it, and you dont respect it and you dont understand it, LEAVE IT ALONE! what dey are doin does not affect ur lifes, or your jeevans! If you feel so bad about the goat getting killed do an extra Chaupai Sahib every morning! There have been people of higher jeevans that have gone to Hazoor Sahib and they have not stopped Chatka from happening. They understand that there is a Maryada, and yes some people follow it and some dont, but that is up to them. Again, it does not affect your life! Do your bhagti, reace a higher level in your jeevan, and do your darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj and ask him yourself. On sikhsangat you are going to get the views and opinions of narrow minded, ego driven, loud mouth people, that only want to create a stir. Live your own life, and let people do what they want. When someone attacks your Guru, then stand up and fight!