Words..

Guest thing1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha ^^ agree!! :)

I really do think you need to do someething about it. Maybe give em a few smacks. Once when i was at secondary school,this girl called me a paki and i grabbed her and smacked her in the face.(i was young) but ever since then,no1s ever said anything! but i dunno,it took me a long time to actually build up the courage to do that,it wasnt the first time something like that was said. If you can't..fair enough..but i think its probs the best thing to do.

Are they girls or boys btw?/ a load of singhs n singhnia should go into your college one day/They wont mess with you then!

wat college do u go to? maybe some 1 here is from the same area. they could help you if needed.

im not sure if what your saying is that people are saying rascist remarks to you in some kind of malicious way or if they are just generally making comments that are wrong because they dont know any better or what it is to wear a dastar.

if its the first 1 then obviously there just trouble makers that probally do need to get sorted out because this kind of thing can get worse. to be honest though i wouldnt suggest that you fight over name calling especially if your on your own against many unless your sure you can defend yourself or you feel that it has to be done.

if its the second 1 then just explain to them how they are wrong, im sure when they know it will stop. just stay safe and pick the times to say tings wisely.

vjkk vjkf!

Bhainji being a 17 year old myself the only advice that i can give you that seems to have worked for me.. is to jus play along... they only enjoy it when they see that it bugs you.. if you joke around and show them that it doesn't bother you, then they will gradually stop by them selves.. i wear a dastar too and i've been called a turbanator which yes it offended me at first but when i actually thought about it... that sounds pretty cool "TURBANATOR"... and another thing i've noticed is if your comfortable with your religion n you express youself then people are cool with it... i usually take roti to school.. blasting kirtan from my ipod.. everyone knows wht kirtan is and a tabla, vaja, and so on.... without even forcing or trying to teach anyone about sikhi.. jus by how i act at school.. they want to learn n i jus let them know about wht i know.. so wht im saying is jus take it easy... spread sikhi without forcing it.. and by doing so ... im sure you'll have fun listening to kirtan and eating roti... and you be more happy.. it will create a desire to get closer to vaheguru in that way.. so jus wanna say good luck!

bhul chuk maaf

vjkk vjkf!

Thank you all for your replies, appreciate it a lot!

Firstly, yes I'm sure its racism lol and it is mainly guys saying this to me, the girls just tend to laugh without the remarks. I've let a few singhs and singhnia know near my area and family/friends, some have said they would come down to show their faces just so the people would lay off...but then theres always that wonder if it will get worse or not? but that might be a risk to take. :6

Another thing, I can't go to any teachers, cos the goreh that are doing this all have a good reputation with the teachers, teachers will only take their side, and a few comments have been made literally behind my back so I ''can't hear them'', so by accusing them they'll only deny it .

Hukamnama has been blessed and maharaj has cleared a lot of things up , i needed a plan just incase things did get worse and I think I now have one thanks to maharaj ji and you guys! i would so love to teach them what I can about Sikhi, but i guess a lot of people don't really want to know lol.chalo,thank you again khalsa ji, :vaheguru:

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa vaheguroo ji ke phatheh

oh and penjii 'Koi', was wondering where you got this from > "If someone wrongs you, bare it. Bare it three times, and God himself will fight for you the fourth time" (Sri Guru Amar Daas Ji)

thank you all again :D vahegurooo..

Vahegurujeekaakhalsa Vahegurujeekeefateh!

Bhenjee I'm the only one in my college here too (atlanta) ... I havent gotten any racist comments yet but you just have to think what matters more.... what people think of you or what gurujee thinks of you and im sure he's extra proud of his daughter :)

Hershi penji, hunjee what guruji thinks of me matter way moree than what others think of me, i just don't like that they insulting khalsa roop..thats when it starts to hurt i guess..

thank you though, you're all beautiful :)