Oprah Show

TejiKaur

Gurufathe all

Gurbaj Singh is on oprah

his family is there all turbans but im a lil actually very ticked off

he is a millionare and they are showing clips of when he wasa kid in a patka

NOW HE IS A MONA GOD I FRIGGIN FEEL SO ANGRY IT LOOKS SO BAD

I DUNNO IM NOT INTOLERENT OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT BUT HE HAD TO DO THIS ON THE OPRAH SHOW

he had hair n he cut it

if he was a sardar this wud b such a proud moment

i shud feel happy but i cant

it just looks bad he talks about how the kids in school used to bug him

he is so weak Goodness he cant keep his kesh now he is an adult

God i am too angry to write

pls forgive me if i sound mean im not u had to see the show waheguru im <Edited>

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ji, it is often just labels that we get so caught up with. It is much more poignant just to state that there are 'non-practicing', and 'practicing' Sikhs. The rest of the definitions are merely place keepers for law books and dictionaries. True, and un-true do not hold any significance to Spiritual practice of Sikhi. If one desires to get blessings of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, all Sikhs are guided inwardly and outwardly by asking single mindedly from the Guru.

We are not here to judge, but to provide guidance. If we can not provide guidance, do not use low energy ideas and concepts...

It's all arrogance of a type. Close-mindedness so complete, mental prisons so tight, we don't even know we're locked up. Sure, it's only natural that you consider yourself the center of the universe.

We need to collectively realize that we are not going to magically change or alter the Spiritual journey of any individuals. ie. Kis di anak jagadani, Satguru Janne.

Nothing is collected if the vessel is upside-down. - Ang 158 M: 3
Nothing can be contained in a vessel turned upside-down; Ambrosial Nectar pours into the upright one. ||5|| - Ang 504 M: 1

Here Gurbani explains, what can be placed into the vessel of that person, which is turned upside down. Gurkirpa may be overflowing like rivers and streams, but even then the pot can not collect.

Guru Sahib also responds to a query "What if one does not understand the sermons, and does not understand the language being spoken," by saying "Just as when ghee hardens against the pot, even if the contents remain uncollected, yet the ghee sticks to the edges layer by layer"

- Exact source unknown as I have found various Sakhis referring to various Guru's, but available via Sikh history websites

Is there anything that 'we' can do to provide a spark that will allow this person to turn their own pot upside down, and thus make it into a collecting vessel?

No, absolutely not. 'We' implies that the human being has the capacity to affect change in the Universe around them, but in reality this is Ego, Edging God Out. But let me explain further...

Where there is goodness, ie. Good = Go*d + *o, where there are the qualities of God on earth, manifest through Sewa, Simran, Kirat and many of the positive qualities that Gurbani imbibes on the various Beings, there where there is Good there is God and in essence the Aura that is created in such environments is capable of slowly tilting that Kaudi, inch by inch.

This is why in Gurdwara's, where committees and preachers attempt to 'Force' the message of Gurbani upon others it merely strikes the upside down Kaudi and leaves a loud noise. Who is attracted to loud noise? The one who's Kaudi has been struck, strikes back...

Where there is generosity, compassion, and the timeless aura of God-qualities, there no human exists, although they are physically present as a conglomeration of atoms and compounds. This is why the Sadh Sangat is praised for its unique powers. Ultimately, this group of individuals with their paddle, will be floated across the terrifying world ocean when the Guru accepts them and provides a ticket.

So where does that leave our reaction to the actions of all that is ill in the world?

Yes, let's encourage, be compassionate, loving, caring, and sharing. Let the experience the qualities of God, of Good in the world that is not necessarily of us. We come from a Natural Source of these things, it is not us, it is the Source of all giving and being. Let us take steps in such a manner that we inspire the values of service, community involvement, self reflection, aspiration, education, and all such things. Sikh Dharma is of higher values, do not let yourself be dragged down.

i find it really annoying when a sikh gets somewhere in life others try to shoot him down. are any of us truly perfect? i'll admit i dont know an awful lot about who oprah has on her shows, but this would be a lot worse if he had converted to christianity/islam and then gone on the show. that would have shown to people that kids who practice sikhi end up leaving it, like some converts brag about in uni lectures. did this guy actually say anything anti-sikh or promote another religion?

gurufateh g

its not about bringing someone down its just that it hurts the kaum

n it makes sikhs look so weak when they show how he was a sardar and he cut his hair

i mean y does it have to be flaunted out in public

with great power n wealth comes responsibility

n every sikhs first responsibility shud b towards sikhi

y were those childhood pictures necessary i mean really

he made it look as if the pagh was just nothing really n it causes him misery and as soon as he could he discarded it

my father a sardar could even watch the show because he was so hurt by it

There is something called decorum. Mr. G. may have business decorum in addition to any lucky breaks. Some also have legal decorum. Both of those are very low achievements. Our capitalist brains are indoctrinated to use those types of decorum as the measuring stick for decency.

We suggest that G. did not violate legal decorum, nor did he violate “professional” or “business” decorum......therefore “do no harm” “did no harm” applies.

However, he does great harm. If he had HUMAN decorum, he would realize that the message conveyed by those pictures, contrasted in that manner to his newly dentured and shaved wealth man image says “out with the old/turban” is the way to success.

Mr. G. knows how to count in the tens of millions and with human decorum would realize that doing that on Oprah would be an advert to tens of millions against his guruji that enemies of sikhi could only dream of buying. Maybe the temptation of, “today oprah, tomorrow movies, songs and stardom” was too strong for a kid’s mental maturity.

The saving grace is that he is young, seems like a good person, albeit a bit plastic, and can only become wiser in his ways.

gurufateh g

its not about bringing someone down its just that it hurts the kaum

n it makes sikhs look so weak when they show how he was a sardar and he cut his hair

i mean y does it have to be flaunted out in public

with great power n wealth comes responsibility

n every sikhs first responsibility shud b towards sikhi

y were those childhood pictures necessary i mean really

he made it look as if the pagh was just nothing really n it causes him misery and as soon as he could he discarded it

my father a sardar could even watch the show because he was so hurt by it

right ok teji, i see what your saying, they shouldnt have shown those pictures as it could give the wrong idea to some people. in britain the sikh community often has to deal with what some call 'sell-outs' (the lady who did that play in b'ham/the guy who wrote that book about how crap growing up as a sikh is last year etc etc). but we also have many good 'role-models', if the community needs them:

http://www.sikhtruth.com/

also, if going on oprah is a big thing, maybe you should try and acheive what that guy has, but keep the symbols of your faith. then you can go on the show and help people to see the message that you want to put across to the masses.