Oprah Show

TejiKaur

gurufateh g

its not about bringing someone down its just that it hurts the kaum

n it makes sikhs look so weak when they show how he was a sardar and he cut his hair

i mean y does it have to be flaunted out in public

with great power n wealth comes responsibility

n every sikhs first responsibility shud b towards sikhi

y were those childhood pictures necessary i mean really

he made it look as if the pagh was just nothing really n it causes him misery and as soon as he could he discarded it

my father a sardar could even watch the show because he was so hurt by it

right ok teji, i see what your saying, they shouldnt have shown those pictures as it could give the wrong idea to some people. in britain the sikh community often has to deal with what some call 'sell-outs' (the lady who did that play in b'ham/the guy who wrote that book about how crap growing up as a sikh is last year etc etc). but we also have many good 'role-models', if the community needs them:

http://www.sikhtruth.com/

also, if going on oprah is a big thing, maybe you should try and acheive what that guy has, but keep the symbols of your faith. then you can go on the show and help people to see the message that you want to put across to the masses.

gurufateh g exactly

it is exactly like that

if the guy had a pagh

it wuda been so great

yh there r many great role modles unfortunatly most of them remain hidden but i know in my heart that ultimatly truth will prevail and the name of Guru Nanak will spread across the universe

its like the sakhi of Guru Gobind Singh Ji where Satguru ji asked the sangat who the king during Bhagat Kabit Jis time

noone knew the answer and Guru Gobind Singh ji in his infinate gian pointed out that although Bhagat Kabir was a of a neech jat a family of weavers

he meditated on the naam and even today his name is remembered by many Sikhs Hindua Muslims Sufis Yogis ect.. and as Sikhi grows now even Sikh Converts from all over the world know the name of the saint in the disguise of a lowly weaver

yet the rich king who Guru Ji than told us is shakandar shah

he had millions neither did his ill iquired weath go with him nor did his name become immortal

one day the whole world will know about our great Gursikhs its inevitable

vasay one day who knows what will happen in my life

the only thing i ask God is that he lets me do his seva in this life and when my work here is done he brings me home to the one i Love matlab him

im actually writing a book right now and its about human apathy and it stars a Sikh girl who is athiest and than finds religon

its actually my story but with changes

6 years ago wen i was bout 11 years old i was rescued by Sikhi cause noone else wanted me but my Guru came running to take me in

maybe if God wills and the book actually makes it big ppl will come to know what Sikhi is

than they wont refer to us the way they do now in america its awful

chalo all his hukam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you kidding me?

http://www.sikhtruth.com/ - these supposed to be role models/?

parminder nagra? gurinder chadha? you call these roles models?

gurufateh g

its not about bringing someone down its just that it hurts the kaum

n it makes sikhs look so weak when they show how he was a sardar and he cut his hair

i mean y does it have to be flaunted out in public

with great power n wealth comes responsibility

n every sikhs first responsibility shud b towards sikhi

y were those childhood pictures necessary i mean really

he made it look as if the pagh was just nothing really n it causes him misery and as soon as he could he discarded it

my father a sardar could even watch the show because he was so hurt by it

right ok teji, i see what your saying, they shouldnt have shown those pictures as it could give the wrong idea to some people. in britain the sikh community often has to deal with what some call 'sell-outs' (the lady who did that play in b'ham/the guy who wrote that book about how crap growing up as a sikh is last year etc etc). but we also have many good 'role-models', if the community needs them:

http://www.sikhtruth.com/

also, if going on oprah is a big thing, maybe you should try and acheive what that guy has, but keep the symbols of your faith. then you can go on the show and help people to see the message that you want to put across to the masses.

are you kidding me?

we choose our rolemodels, they dont choose us. when i gave that link i didnt say every sikh would find every person on that site their rolemodel. rather than looking for one's that arent up to you're obviously high standards, try to look for one whose success/lifestyle you wish to emulate. thats if your looking for a role-model.

now that you brought it up, could you elaborate why the two you mentioned are bad rolemodels?

now that you brought it up, could you elaborate why the two you mentioned are bad rolemodels?

They are not sikh youth role models because they are not simply sikhs. Chadha movies only gives you one idea; "Its okay to have inter-religious marriages". Movies are based on sikh family who is backward etc... Nagra is waay far for being rolemodel for anyone.. Getting pergnant without marriage is not good thing for any culture... Anyway, its true that its upon us to choose our own role models.

are you kidding me?

we choose our rolemodels, they dont choose us. when i gave that link i didnt say every sikh would find every person on that site their rolemodel. rather than looking for one's that arent up to you're obviously high standards, try to look for one whose success/lifestyle you wish to emulate. thats if your looking for a role-model.

im not even gonna justify that with an answer.. just pathetic.. we're feeding this to our kids as role models..

Ok, so they're not role models for a Gursikh Jeevan but they are role models for achieving high expectations and goals in careers, communities, education etc. Its good to see UK Panjabi/Sikh's stepping out of the box and becoming artists or high ranking police officers instead of a typical doctor like all our parents want.

I think the website is more about 'you can do more with yourself than just a 9 to 5 job'. It also shows alot of cool Kesdhaari Sikhs out there repping the padh dhaari like Waris Ahluwalia! woooo go waris!

Take the good, leave the bad.