Oprah Show

TejiKaur

Ok, so they're not role models for a Gursikh Jeevan but they are role models for achieving high expectations and goals in careers, communities, education etc. Its good to see UK Panjabi/Sikh's stepping out of the box and becoming artists or high ranking police officers instead of a typical doctor like all our parents want.

I think the website is more about 'you can do more with yourself than just a 9 to 5 job'. It also shows alot of cool Kesdhaari Sikhs out there repping the padh dhaari like Waris Ahluwalia! woooo go waris!

Take the good, leave the bad.

exactly. why dont people try to emulate Dr Narinder Singh Kapany or the other good ones.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I just watched the show with Gurbaksh Chahal or "G" (refers to thread called oprah show)

This should be a clear message to all of you to get in the business fields, politics and media and become great and show that people with kesh can get high.

Even if he is mona, he has achieved the american dream, he has created a business empire worth 300million at the age of 26!! yes people will say that's not the aim in life to make money, its to achieve jeevan mukht!!

you are forgetting something, control of money= control of resources. Just like in Guru Gobind Singh's time, the control of land was control of resources, money is today's power. you can'd deny it. MIRI PIRI

We might think the sikh does great amounts for the world, that langar is the only truly free kitchen in the world....can I tell you to pay attention to Richard Branson!! Read his book "Screw it let's do it". How does he help people? When there was an earthquake in Kuwait, hundreds of thousands of people were left homeless. Richard branson called the king of kuwait and asked what his people needed most right now- "Richard, thousands of people are on the streets homeless without shelter and its getting cold, we need blankets"

He personally cancelled his flights, chartered planes to kuwait and said to his crew "cancel your plans we are flying to kuwait this weekend". He got to Kuwait, personally delievered them to the King and asked his logistics team to distribute them to the people on the streets! Anyone would say ok he's not Gursikh etc, HE HAS SERVED THE WORLD and given benefits to people which you and me will perhaps never be able to match. This is sewa deny or not, he has done more sewa than any one of us can

You see, money, power is MIRI This is what Guru Hargobind asked us to carry at all times!!!

You may object to what I have written but this is the problem with our community today. sorry for sounding so rude, but all you hear is "this person is mona and in on TV, why couldnt they keep their kesh" what a judmental comment, how about "I'm going to reach the top and show the world I can have MIRI in the form of business and power, and Im NOT GOING TO SACRIFICE MY SIKHI FOR IT!!!"

So go out there and become a success and keep your sikhi, let the world see you can reach to the top. Be the elite, after all that's what the khalsa is!

Hi I just watched the show with Gurbaksh Chahal or "G" (refers to thread called oprah show)

This should be a clear message to all of you to get in the business fields, politics and media and become great and show that people with kesh can get high.

Even if he is mona, he has achieved the american dream, he has created a business empire worth 300million at the age of 26!! yes people will say that's not the aim in life to make money, its to achieve jeevan mukht!!

you are forgetting something, control of money= control of resources. Just like in Guru Gobind Singh's time, the control of land was control of resources, money is today's power. you can'd deny it. MIRI PIRI

We might think the sikh does great amounts for the world, that langar is the only truly free kitchen in the world....can I tell you to pay attention to Richard Branson!! Read his book "Screw it let's do it". How does he help people? When there was an earthquake in Kuwait, hundreds of thousands of people were left homeless. Richard branson called the king of kuwait and asked what his people needed most right now- "Richard, thousands of people are on the streets homeless without shelter and its getting cold, we need blankets"

He personally cancelled his flights, chartered planes to kuwait and said to his crew "cancel your plans we are flying to kuwait this weekend". He got to Kuwait, personally delievered them to the King and asked his logistics team to distribute them to the people on the streets! Anyone would say ok he's not Gursikh etc, HE HAS SERVED THE WORLD and given benefits to people which you and me will perhaps never be able to match. This is sewa deny or not, he has done more sewa than any one of us can

You see, money, power is MIRI This is what Guru Hargobind asked us to carry at all times!!!

You may object to what I have written but this is the problem with our community today. sorry for sounding so rude, but all you hear is "this person is mona and in on TV, why couldnt they keep their kesh" what a judmental comment, how about "I'm going to reach the top and show the world I can have MIRI in the form of business and power, and Im NOT GOING TO SACRIFICE MY SIKHI FOR IT!!!"

So go out there and become a success and keep your sikhi, let the world see you can reach to the top. Be the elite, after all that's what the khalsa is!

:goodpost: :whs: :Re:

im not even gonna justify that with an answer.. just pathetic.. we're feeding this to our kids as role models..

get over yourself.

u got parminder nagra who does s*x scenes on screen, abosultely no sharam what so ever.

u got her on a banner on "sikh truth"?????????

your portraying her as a role model? for what exactly? role model to gettin your kit off for money?

and NO! im not gonne get over myself,

cos i know my mothers didnt sit in mir manu jails with their butchered kids around their necks for "role models" like parminder nagra.

I know my mothers didnt cremate their nau jawan shaheed sons to protect these so called "role models"

these are half-wit sell-outs, those who claim these to be role models are no different.

those who mislead young people by portraying these people as "sikhs" & role models are todays Gangus. end of

Each day when there are few of us trying to help people overcome this exclusionary speak, there are posts like these, that just reaffirm that we are not living up to the high values necessary.

Whenever we sink to the low levels of energy, we come to a full stop, and we raise those who we judge and discriminate.

Gurmat is free of our biases, we are merely guides along the way.

If we wish to be guides, we must speak sweetly and act calmly.

Yes, indeed this individual struggled with being Keshdari. So be it, now let us get in contact with the individual and see if the individual has any interests in helping out other youth by contributing to having Sikh Coalitions around the world.

We are all liable to the rules that Chitr and Gupt will read our accounts for.

exactly. why dont people try to emulate Dr Narinder Singh Kapany or the other good ones.

Dr Narinder Singh Kapany

Dr_Narinder_Singh_Kapany_d6qw0w8K3lYM.jpg

Dr Narinder Singh Kapany is shown here meeting with the Prince of Wales, is a physicist who is acknowledged as the father of fibreoptics. He conducted experiments that led to the invention of fibreoptics and this is the technology behind devices used in endoscopy to communication applications. He was named as one of the seven unsung heroes of the century by Forbes magazine. He was born in India, educated in England and has lived in the US. He has published over 100 scientific papers and four books. Besides work in fibreoptics he has over 100 patents and has received numerous awards. His personal interests include philantropy, collecting art and sculpting. As a philantropist he has been a major funder of the Sikh Foundation and been involved with its activities for over 30 years. One such activity was organising the first ever Sikh Film Festival with sikhs in Toronto. He has also funded a Chair of Sikh Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He has a big collection of Sikh art, which he loaned to London's Victoria & Albert Museum for part of their acclaimed 'Arts of the Sikh Kingdoms' exhibition in 1999.

http://famoussikhs.blogspot.com/2008/12/dr...ngh-kapany.html

If one is Famous & Rich that doesn't mean that they have to be role model of someone :rolleyes:

Real Role models are like Bhagat Puran Singh ji, bhai vir singh ji and countless other Gursikhs in our kaum.

There are millions of rich ppl who donate big amount and its good for them.. maybe they are donating by their own will or maybe they are donating to escape from $$$ taxes$$$ or to be in media to raise their business.. who knows !! But good outcome is that $$ gets to the ppl who need the msot.

Sooooo what if hes got cut hair !!!! Why are you folks getting all worked up. Regardless of what he looks like he has done well for himself. We should respect that.

Teji before you look down on others you should take a long hard look at yourself. ........... Your very quick to judge others, we should always see the best in people. Its very easy to nit pick the bad points.