What Does Religeon Say About Love?

auppal

wahe guru ji ka khalsa waheguru je ke fateh,

i am not very religious but i do try to do the path everyday in life. I have found that doing the path has helped me very much in life as beofre doing the path on a regular basis i was looking for a part time job but i had no luck, but 2 months into doing the path i found a part time job and that too a very good one thanx to the kirpa of wahe guru ji.

The situation which i need help in is that;

i have a boyfriend who is hindu but he actully comes from punjab and is fluent in punjabi.i am a sikh girl. We have been together for around 3 years now and I love him very much. When we first got together we had made up our minds that we will marry each other and had imagined that our parents would agree aswell, but 2 years down the line he stopped talking to me. I tried to contact him in many different ways but he didnt respond to any of my e-mails, calls or texts. I would have gone to visit him to his house (as his city is only 1 hours drive) but i didnt take this step as i didnt no what that would mean for him, if that would put him in to any trouble or anything like that. In the end i had no other choice but to also not talk to him. I was so confused, angry and most of all was saddened that he just left me without any explanation. every day i prayed to wahe guru ji that please bring him back to my life. (maybe this was wrong?)

But i still couldnt forget him, i was devastated and cried very often. I didnt forget him at all, and i dont think i can ever forget him in the future.

It has been about nine months or so now and we are now back together (due to me finaly getting through to him after 9 months) and both of us admitted that we still love each other and cant forget. I asked him that why did he leave anyway? what was the reason for that and he told me that apparantly his parents came to no about me and his parents told him straight that they wont allow him to marry anyone other than a girl who they choose. He is a good guy so he has followed what his parents had told him.

It has now been about 10 months since we got back together and i no it would make sense to say that i should leave him if we dont have a future, but the thing is i am truely in love and i dont no if i can or even have the will power to do so.

I would like to no your views if possible and also what does sikhi say about love. I no i am being very stupid and only being a "manmukh", but i am just very confused.

could you help?

wahe guru ji ka khalsa, wahe guru je ke fateh

Guest militant singh

i am not very religious but i do try to do the path everyday in life. I have found that doing the path has helped me very much in life as beofre doing the path on a regular basis i was looking for a part time job but i had no luck, but 2 months into doing the path i found a part time job and that too a very good one thanx to the kirpa of wahe guru ji.

i have a boyfriend who is hindu but he actully comes from punjab and is fluent in punjabi.i am a sikh girl. We have been together for around 3 years now and I love him very much. When we first got together we had made up our minds that we will marry each other and had imagined that our parents would agree aswell, but 2 years down the line he stopped talking to me. I tried to contact him in many different ways but he didnt respond to any of my e-mails, calls or texts. I would have gone to visit him to his house (as his city is only 1 hours drive) but i didnt take this step as i didnt no what that would mean for him, if that would put him in to any trouble or anything like that. In the end i had no other choice but to also not talk to him. I was so confused, angry and most of all was saddened that he just left me without any explanation. every day i prayed to wahe guru ji that please bring him back to my life. (maybe this was wrong?)

But i still couldnt forget him, i was devastated and cried very often. I didnt forget him at all, and i dont think i can ever forget him in the future.

It has been about nine months or so now and we are now back together (due to me finaly getting through to him after 9 months) and both of us admitted that we still love each other and cant forget. I asked him that why did he leave anyway? what was the reason for that and he told me that apparantly his parents came to no about me and his parents told him straight that they wont allow him to marry anyone other than a girl who they choose. He is a good guy so he has followed what his parents had told him.

It has now been about 10 months since we got back together and i no it would make sense to say that i should leave him if we dont have a future, but the thing is i am truely in love and i dont no if i can or even have the will power to do so.

I would like to no your views if possible and also what does sikhi say about love. I no i am being very stupid and only being a "manmukh", but i am just very confused.

could you help?

as a bruva i wouldnt wnt a sister lke u 2 marry him ,as in mst cases the girl converts to hinduism,ur children will nt be bought up as sikhs but as hindus, think of it 4rm the view of da future r u willing 2 convert 4 him n hve ur kids bought up as a diff faith ????????

I skimmed through the topic because the post was a bit long for me to read.

All i saw at:

The start was : "waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji kee fateh"

The middle : "I have a Hindu Boyfriend"

The end : "waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji kee fateh"

Not a very good way for me to start the morning.....LOL/

Take my advice, Do not dishonour your family. Forget that man, and marry a good Sikh Man.

...And then live happily ever after. There u go thats a nice little story isnt it? what u reckon? worth a try?

could you help?

Ok i read it all now.

U said he dissapeared for 9 months?

thats not a responsible man is it?

If u get married, and u get pregnant, and he dissapears again for 9 months?

Its hard for people to change their habbits.

Just something to think about sister.

as a bruva i wouldnt wnt a sister lke u 2 marry him ,as in mst cases the girl converts to hinduism,ur children will nt be bought up as sikhs but as hindus, think of it 4rm the view of da future r u willing 2 convert 4 him n hve ur kids bought up as a diff faith ????????

hello thanxx for your reply :)

you are right, i would never want to convert to any other religeon as my religion means more to me than anything else. I would never want my future children to be bought up as another relgion as i want them to grow up as sikhs. But i do still love him. i actually forgot to put this information in when i first posted the topic that "we had discuessed about religeon and he had asked me if i would convert but i had told him straight that it wont happen and i will never convert" So we were just going to get married but stay the religion we were.

his reaction to this was that its fine and he told me that he will support me in anything.

But i dont no if my reaction to not changing faiths put him off? but if he really loved me then shouldnt he have told him parents its his life he will do what ever he wants to?

im really confuseddddddddddd

Ok i read it all now.

U said he dissapeared for 9 months?

thats not a responsible man is it?

If u get married, and u get pregnant, and he dissapears again for 9 months?

Its hard for people to change their habbits.

Just something to think about sister.

hiii and thank you very much for your reply

you are right, it does become hard to trust someone once that trust has been broken before.

thank you very much

You heart has already told you what you need to do.............listen to your inner voice..........the thing you are scared of is letting go............now he is part of your life i feel you cannot imagine your life without him...........this, rather than being love.......is actually a dependancy.........and not a very healthy one...........To truly love is to let go and and know that if you are meant to be together it is already written.........

Remember..............if you had a life before him..............you were happy.....content............why now can you not imagine you life without him?..............

is it realy Love you are feeling or simply an attachment to someone who showed you kindness, intimacy, which rose to awaken feelings, thoughts and desires that you had never experienced before.......and it is this you are more attached to.........the idea of being with someone..............being in love rather than actually being in love........

hope that helps.........being a bibi if you wish to PM me to discuss anything personal please feel free.....we are always here to help...... :)

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Bhenji your initial question was, What does reilgion say about love ? Well Dhan Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji has given us a true analysis of what wordly Love really is :-

dyvgMDwrI mhlw 9 ]

dhaevaga(n)dhhaaree mehalaa 9

Raag Dayv-Gandhaaree, Ninth Mehla:

jgq mY JUTI dyKI pRIiq ]

jagath mai jhoot(h)ee dhaekhee preeth ||

In this world, I have seen love to be false

Apny hI suK isau sB lwgy ikAw dwrw ikAw mIq ]1] rhwau ]

apanae hee sukh sio sabh laagae kiaa dhaaraa kiaa meeth ||1|| rehaao ||

Whether they are spouses or friends, all are concerned only with their OWN happiness. ||1||Pause||

myrau myrau sBY khq hY ihq isau bwiDE cIq ]

maero maero sabhai kehath hai hith sio baadhhiou cheeth ||

All say, ""Mine, mine"", and attach their consciousness to you with love.

AMiq kwil sMgI nh koaU ieh Acrj hY rIiq ]1]

a(n)th kaal sa(n)gee neh kooo eih acharaj hai reeth ||1||

But at the very last moment, none shall go along with you. How strange are the ways of the world! ||1||

mn mUrK AjhU nh smJq isK dY hwirE nIq ]

man moorakh ajehoo neh samajhath sikh dhai haariou neeth ||

The foolish mind has not yet reformed itself, although I have grown weary of continually instructing it.

nwnk Baujlu pwir prY jau gwvY pRB ky gIq ]2]3]6]38]47]

naanak bhoujal paar parai jo gaavai prabh kae geeth ||2||3||6||38||47||

O Nanak, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean, singing the Songs of God. ||2||3||6||38||47||

[/font]

All love other than the Love for Guru Maharaj is false, all worldy love is conditional, the storngest love we say is that between a motehr and a child but even this is conditional love it has boundries, if the child starts to dis obey its mother and casues chaos in the house, and starts callign another women his mother the mother s love for that child will diminish. The same goes between husband and wife if one partner is unfatihable then the other automatically stops lovign that person and it is replaced with hate.

All love other than the Love for Guru Maharaj is false, all worldy love is conditional, the storngest love we say is that between a motehr and a child but even this is conditional love it has boundries, if the child starts to dis obey its mother and casues chaos in the house, and starts callign another women his mother the mother s love for that child will diminish. The same goes between husband and wife if one partner is unfatihable then the other automatically stops lovign that person and it is replaced with hate.

There is only one TRUE LOVE

swcI pRIiq hm qum isau jorI ]

saachee preeth ham thum sio joree ||

I am joined in true love with You, Lord.

qum isau joir Avr sMig qorI ]3]

thum sio jor avar sa(n)g thoree ||3||

I am joined with You, and I have broken with all others

You may feel you are in deep love btu this is nothign nto even a glimmer or the deep between a Gursikh and GOD

Imagian the way you focus on your b/f all day you think of him and all night in yoru dreams constantly wantign to meet with him and be with him , this is shoudl be the way you love Guru ji

that your mind wants his darshan, that you are longing to meet him, remmeberhow you felt when you was apart form him for just 9 months .... we have been apart form our true beloved for millions of life forms yet we still forget him

but his love is true he still cares and proivdes for us even though we have forgot him, we are pappi and he still lvoes us thats call unconditional Love ....TRUE LOVE

What is happening to Sikh girls and boys? they going out with Muslims, cacausians, Hindus and even afro carribeans. WAKE UP you are the future of Sikhi!

Story of a Sikh who married a Muslim woman. She took Amrit and even reads the panj bania. As for the kids she takes them to the mosque to learn the Koran! unbelieveable

Guest _KKAUR_

My advice would be to focus on YOURSELF (when i mean 'YOURSELF' i mean focus on that divine light inside of you) . . you mentioned you've been getting into doing regular Paath. If you wish to do anything right now then I suggest you focus on building a relationship with GuruJi . . (this is the only relationship that will bring you any happiness, peace of mind and success)

We as humans fall prey on the dependance of others, try and break free from all these emotional ties as they will only bring you pain. (I'm talking from experience)

You want a partner to give you support, love, happiness, peace etc . . Well the only partner that's going to give us any of that is GURUJI himself. Embrace SIKHI into your life - at first you'll probably feel you're not feeling any better etc but really this is the only way.

Start doing Nitnem or just listening to Kirtan or start going Gurdwara on a fixed day every week. Just by making these SMALL steps, GURUJI will make tremendous amount of steps towards you.

Just remember, VAHEGURU knows everything. He knows whats best for us, things happen in life where we're left feeling confused as to why this has happened etc but only VAHEGURU knows all this. Best thing to do is leave it to VAHEGURU, and for now try to make them steps to GuruJi . .