Around The World In 80 Faiths.

Bundha

Would you please elaborate on what you mean penji?

Whats the meaning of sach kand?

and on the point

yes a pity but on the other hand he would have unknowingly promoted yatras (pilgrimages) as a nessecity which its not in sikhi.
" its also a shame that there was an area where kirpans and pic of guru jee was set up as a shrine.!!"

Bhenji, you are refering to Sach Khand, please be more respectful.

What do you really think the REAL meaning of the word "sach khand" is.?

Do you think its where a bunch of kirpans etc are placed with a picture of Guru jee in a special enclosure???

We use the word 'sach khand' willy nilly without actually understanding the true meaning of the word!!

All said and done, I think India is still the most spiritual place. The gorra focused on all the wrong things really, but when he met that Sadhu when he was in the Himilayas that was amazing, and the Sadhu said some really good things (and I understood what he was saying) a pity the goora didn't go to Hemkund Sahib Ji. It would also have been nice if he had met some chardi kala Sikhs away from the hustle and bustle of the Hazoor Sahib festivities.

yes a pity but on the other hand he would have unknowingly promoted yatras (pilgrimages) as a nessecity which its not in sikhi.

I hate when they say Guru Gobind Singh was assassinated, because he wasn't. If you are assassinated you get killed straight away. He managed to kill his attacker and died later. And i bet those Sikhs were thinking "what is this guy on" When he was more interested in talking about dishes, and how he use to wash plates for a living or something than talking about actual Sikhi. I thought he came to learn about them, not tell them about his life story. He managed to make our religion seem really violent, when arms was only used as a last resort. Still it was a good programme though.

yeah i was taken aback with the use of the word 'assasinated' too.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<<< yes a pity but on the other hand he would have unknowingly promoted yatras (pilgrimages) as a nessecity which its not in sikhi. >>>

I think this is where the love of your Guru comes in. I think we can all say in a cold way - there is no yatra in sikhi, but on a personel level relationship with your Guru I would have thought it would be absolutely essential that one would want to go to a place like Hemkund Sahib and take it the emmense spirituality of the place, the peace and tranquility and of course the personel connection with your Guru, to stand on the same land/pebbles/dust that Guru Ji stood on, I wouldn't miss it for the world. But alas, those who treat it as a "yatra" and a definate no no for Sikhs miss out.

I hate when they say Guru Gobind Singh was assassinated, because he wasn't. If you are assassinated you get killed straight away. He managed to kill his attacker and died later. And i bet those Sikhs were thinking "what is this guy on" When he was more interested in talking about dishes, and how he use to wash plates for a living or something than talking about actual Sikhi. I thought he came to learn about them, not tell them about his life story. He managed to make our religion seem really violent, when arms was only used as a last resort. Still it was a good programme though.

WJKK WJKF

Veerji, historically even that is wrong.

Guru Sahib didn't merge into the eternal light because of some wound caused by a Pathan. It is written in several sources that Guru Ji recovered very fast (there was a English doctor, by the name of Dr. Cole, who took care of Guru Ji). They were joti-jot much after the time that the wound was completely cured. The Joti-Jot was a bhana, which Guru Sahib happily accepted.

sunnybondsingh that is the first time I have ever heard that one!

Why do our people always have to find ways of justifying sumthing or providing an alternative explanation that makes us feel good?

Truth is this :

1. Bahadur Shah offered Guru sahib a Fief in Nanded after he helped the former become Sovereign

2. Whislt on his way to Nanded Guru ji was one night attacked in his tent by two Pathans sent by Wazir Khan the local Governor, who was jealous of guru ji's friendship with the king.

3. Although he fought them off, guruji was severely wounded, and although he survived a few more days and was nursed by a French doctor, he died. As anyone would.

Moral of the story: never trust a sullah, lol

The program was very interesting, some weird stuff happens in India, the hot coals, dung throwing and the Aghoris all very odd. The zoroastrians bit was interesting, felt sorry for them but they just accepted it and moved on.

You have to remember it was 10 mins approx on Sikhi and it was His opinion on what he saw, but he showed respect and he took part in seva which is always a good thing.

WJKK WJKF

Veerji, historically even that is wrong.

Guru Sahib didn't merge into the eternal light because of some wound caused by a Pathan. It is written in several sources that Guru Ji recovered very fast (there was a English doctor, by the name of Dr. Cole, who took care of Guru Ji). They were joti-jot much after the time that the wound was completely cured. The Joti-Jot was a bhana, which Guru Sahib happily accepted.

I know this, but I heard his wound opened up again later or something, still this is the same for everything about Sikh history, when i ask different people of the same story read different things on the same event, they always tell it a little different. Therefore we can never be 100% sure what is the truth. What do mortals know, i suppose if we really want to know the truth we need to ask God. But this is going off topic.

Why do our people always have to find ways of justifying sumthing or providing an alternative explanation that makes us feel good?

Truth is this :

1. Bahadur Shah offered Guru sahib a Fief in Nanded after he helped the former become Sovereign

2. Whislt on his way to Nanded Guru ji was one night attacked in his tent by two Pathans sent by Wazir Khan the local Governor, who was jealous of guru ji's friendship with the king.

3. Although he fought them off, guruji was severely wounded, and although he survived a few more days and was nursed by a French doctor, he died. As anyone would.

ummm...where did you read this crap? Doesn't it make you wonder as to why would Guru Gobind Singh fight with the Mughal empire and lose all his sons, his mother, his family, his father, his riches, his beloved Sikhs and each and everything dear only to accept some crappy post in a barren land at the end of south in the middle of jungles and wild animals when he could have made a simple adjustment and compromise with the mighty Aurangzeb and stay secure in Anandpur itself , in the very begginning of it. Any stupid person would have made that simple choice. Oh yeah, and guruji still was friends with Bahadur Shah during Aurangzeb's time and could have approached him when Aurangzeb lived.

Moral of the story... " a well read person might not be as intelligent or know how to use logic and understand the sly side of life...especially of those who ruled over his fore-fathers" Period.

ukgupt kaur you wrote:

What do you really think the REAL meaning of the word "sach khand" is.?

Do you think its where a bunch of kirpans etc are placed with a picture of Guru jee in a special enclosure???

We use the word 'sach khand' willy nilly without actually understanding the true meaning of the word!!

I guess not everyone perceive sachkhand as what bhai sahib randhir singh ji perceived it as. Gurbani supports meta reality based on individual surti's. This is proven by gurbani very detailed debate between kulbir singh of tapoban and i:

http://www.tapoban.org/forum/read.php?1,4508

enjoy!

Truth is this :

LOLLLLLLLLL

apnepart2;

its not crap its the truth.

Guruji was a politician as well as a spiritual leader.

Yes he was fighting Wazir Khan the governor of Punjab, and therefore agaisnt the suzerain Aurangzeb, during which he lost his four sons.

AFTER Aurangzebs death :

there was a battle for succession between Aurangzebs sons adn Guru ji chose to support the man he thought was most suitable, adn would help his people in the long run, hence he helped bahadur Shah become king, forged a good freindship with him, which would have resulted in a lot more power politically for him, had he Wazir Khan not arranged his murder.

Guru sahib fought for dharma and for what would benefit his people in the long run politically.