Amitabh Bachan And His Love Of The Sikhs

+Singh_is_King+

If you want to show lineages and ancestory then Khem Singh Bedi was a direct descendant of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. So what direction do you want your research to go in now?? Amitabh is a descendent of Guru Nanak Dev Ji?? Using actions of forefathers as a basis to add weight to your accusations can end up falling flat.

In short Amitabjh was probably part of millions of people who in 1984 had it in for Sikhs. Even Sikhs had it in for Sikhs. The times were clouded by Govt propaganda and corrupt Sikh leaders who purposely led people make the wrong judgements. If Amitabh was physically involved in deaths then he needs to come clean. On the other hand he could have been part of the millions who at that time felt Sikhs were evil.

Mala,

1. Khem Singh by his reckoning was the '15th Guru' and went against the seal of the Khalsa laid out by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji

2. Khem Singh strenghtened the Bipren Ki Reet and the Gurus were descendants of Hindu King Ram`s children. He claimed that the Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the fifth veda of the Hindus which provides the essence of Purans and Upanishads. His Sodak Committee in 1897 of his hand picked people, to consolidate 32 wildly different versions of the Bachitar Natak which had been introduced into Panjab from Bengal via the Nirmalas between 1875 and 1900. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT POINT

3. Ambitabh used his iconic profile to fuel the Sikh massacre in October/ November 84

4. Most importantly, people will always hate the Sikhs for a multitude of reasons. What he specifically did was incite hatred against Sikhs. Giving the authorities (Delhi Police, Army, Indian media, etc) who where absolutely enticed by his fame took his words literaly to reek carnage against the Sikhs

5. We have many Sikhs who commend his acting ability, evolution of Bollywood, etc not realising his hate and ridicule of the Sikhs. Not good

6. This debate is not to conclude the fact that Amitabh has a connection to Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji but to show the man is a GIT and more importantly remind the Sikh youth that Kem Singh was a nasty and malicious GIT (who incidently has some lineage to Amitabh the GIT).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek Granth, Ek Panth, Ek Maryada

The known family lineage of the famous Bollywood actor is as below:

Sir Khem Singh Bedi (1832-1904), had 2 sons Kartar Singh Bedi and Gurbaksh Singh Bedi. Gurbaksh Singh`s grand 'DAUGHER' was Teji Bedi and his son is Amitabh Bachan.

Before all the Sikhs get too excited ,there is a very dark side to this family. Sir Khem singh Bedi claimed to a decendant of the Guru`s and claimed to be the 15TH Guru (after Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji).

He had been bought off by the British to undermine the Gurdwara Sudar Lehar. The Arya Samaj bought him of to strenghten the Bipren Ki Reet in the Gurdwaras. He used to openly preach that Sikhs were Hindus. He used the Bachitar Natak -the precursor to the so called `Dasma Padshah ka granth`, to argue that the Gurus were descendants of Hindu King Ram`s children as Bedi`s and Sodhi`s. He claimed that the Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the fifth veda of the Hindus which provides the essence of Purans and Upanishads.

He was widely disliked by the panth, but on the back of the finances from the Arya Samaj, he set up a Sodak Committee in 1897 of his hand picked people, to consolidate 32 wildly different versions of the Bachitar Natak which had been introduced into Panjab from Bengal via the Nirmalas between 1875 and 1900.

He died a very distraught man from painful illness. Kartar Singh Bedi was a staunch supporter of the Mahant Narian Das who murdered 130 Sikhs at Nankana Sahib in 1921. Gurbaksh Singh Bedi was notoriously anti panthic and used to go on Hindu stages to declare that Sikhs are Hindus. Clearly there are still remnants of this wraped thinking amongst us in guise of Dehras and Jathas.

Sir Khem Singh Bedi`s great grandson Amitabh Bachan stood alongside Rajiv Gandhi in June 1984 to applaud the destruction of Sri Akaal Takat Sahib to flush out terrorists (he personally congratulated Indria Ghandi for her efforts) , and later in Oct 1984 he famously said to Rajiv Ghandi that 'we have to teach the bastards a lesson`.

To date he has never condemmed the genocide of the Sikhs on the streets of Delhi and other Indian towns. We shouldn`t really be surprised though should we ! -he is simply carrying on with his forfathers tradition of trying to destroy the distinctively sovereign Khalsa who is pure -ie free from Bipren Ki Reet (words of the Brahmin).

Never Forget 1984

Guru Granth, Guru Panth, Guru Khalsa

VJKK VJKP!

If this article hasn't been written by you, and was simply a copy and paste-then I apologise.

If it was written by you,then I make NO apologies.

Who the hell do you think you are to refer to Sahib Sree Dasam Granth Sahib Ji as the'so-called Dasma Padshah ka granth'?

I thought this forum would NOT tolerate those speaking against Sahib Sree Dasam Granth Sahib Ji-sort it out

I think everyone can agree historical figures of panth are not 100% pooran, only guru sahiban is pooran. There are things many historical figures beleived in or did which when we compare it with kusati of gurmat, its not aligned with gurmat but at the same time, it totally unfair to reject their contributions to the panth outright only self righteous, arrogant person does that. Lets look at their contributions to the panth first and appreciate what they did, if it wasn't for baba khem singh ji bedi, arya samaji would have crept in the panth, destroy its sidhant.

Baba Khem Singh Ji Bedi was respected by all puratan mahapursh and parcheen gurmukhs like bhai avtar singh ji raagi, baba jagjit singh ji harkhowale etc. He used to do 25 japji sahib a day, he took amrit from panj pyares, one of panj pyares was great bhramgyani - baba bir singh ji naurangabad. I mentioned 25 japji sahib a day sakhi is because, these days youths are all talk, no one wants to do abhyaas of gurbani instead feel obligated to do character assassinate outright anyone who they don't agree with.

Anyway, I am just posting bit of research done on him by this premi i know, see below:

here is a fair bit of confusion in whats written by people on baba khem singh bedi. let me try to clear some of it up,

Arya samaji's were a reaction to the british and their outlook on life. They were trying to match the same outlook by eliminating anything that seemed superstitious, overly cultural, and false. So the arya samaji's came up with this really nice chopped up and nicely packaged form of hinduism.

They were so successful that many of the intelligence (high class gentry) actually started converting and dropping the sikh faith. This was coupled with swami dayanand demeaning sikhi as well. It was baba khem singh bedi who 'OPPOSED' them. He connected with the nirmallay and got a nirmala to debate with swami dayanand. Dayanand said the word khalsa isn't even sanskrit (thus, questioning the 'indian' nature of sikhism). That nirmala (baba isher singh ji kalyugwale) came back with 113 sanskrit definitions of the word khalsa. Dayanand is reported to have matha teyk'd to the nirmala and ask for forgiveness with the promise of being pro sikhi in the next edition of his book, but he got whacked and the changes were never implemented.

Baba khem singh bedi started the amritsar singh sabha, which is also called the 'snatan' singh sabha as it wanted sikhs to reclaim their heritage and love for their ancestry. The fact that sikhs were cutting their hair and more focused on bhangra and frolick really upset him. Sardar families like the majithia family were being absorbed into the 'neo-popular' groups like 'brahmo samaaj'.

It was khem singh bedi who would give hindu's charanpahul, and he either rekindled or started the practice of getting hindu's to make their first son sikh in exchange for charanpahul. He would then get sikhs to grow their hair and amrit shak.

hope this helps

like to shed some light on khem singh bedi. I will be as broad in my scope as I can afford to be without compromising the focal point. I will write in short terse sentences as I've already given my intention

backgroud-descendent of baba lakhmi chand, ancestor accepted khanday ki pahul, who was then given a blessing of an 'ansha avtar' for a grandson (I am talking about baba kaladhari and his grandson baba khemi singh bedi).

mystical realities= the descendents of baba phool ji, namely the raja's of jind, nabha, and patiala, were in prominence...so the guru's word was true

maharaja ranjit singh was the descendent of 5 generations of seva to the guru khalsa panth...his boons were also realized and squandered

baba maharaj singh was seen as a great leader for the community but he was shafted by maharaja ranjit singh for the dogra brothers...hence the influence of the dogra on the sons of maharaja ranjit singh and their amicable nature with the british.

British policy- eradicate all sense of 'tribal, ancient, old' religion and take advantage of colonialism by subduing the masses. Methods included getting people to question their validity as 'cultured' humans and constantly using duality to pitch them against the ideal...the rulers who were british. The British took the constructs that the masses were used to and worked with those to tweak the constructs in their favor. TThey had a modernist approach and saw everything as being 'practical' (something you hear from the youth of india even today..functionality takes precedence).

byproducts of british policies: arya samaaj. A reaction by swami dayanad 'modernizing' vedic religions to take out rituals. This form of religion was understood and promoted (inactively, by not having much protests against it) and many sikhs started cutting their hair and adopting this path

Effect on khem singh bedi= He was from an affluent family that had 360 villages around kalaar, which even, if split up, would have provided enough money for the average bedi at that time. He also saw the blessings of the guru and realised that people had to be mobilized and was upset that the dogray were in power

Reaction= khem singh bedi started doing prachar from peshawar to kalaar his chakarvartee would last 2 years before he cycled a village again. The bedi's were naturally respected as per indian tradition with familial respect.

So he was treated as a 'baba'...

british's counteraction= they kept giving him more land so that he would stop his empowerment as he preached hindu's and sikhs were from one stock etc etc... (originally they took it all away, and only gave a fraction of the amount, but they kept giving more to subdue him)

I do not know what he was knighted for but khem singh bedi would have been smart to keep his detractors close at hand...

What absolutely ridiculous inflammatory rubbish,

shame on whoever posted it for defaming Baba Khem Singh Bedi

who was a pooran brahmgyiani--baptised by Bhai Vir Singh Naurangabad,

and who recited 21 Jap Ji's a day.

so much brainless filth has been spewed above that it is impossible to wade through,

but let me try;

Babaji was respected by the British and fought alongside them, so what?

Sant Attar Singh Mastuana and many other sants did, do think of them as being conspiratorial collaboraters also? Of course not, brahmgianis are beyond all that, they just follow His hukam.

If you actually read his personal letters, he opposed the British ideologically at evry turn and he overturned much discriminative legislation against Sikhs.

He was refered to by some as being the 14th leader of the Sikh community because he descended from Sahib Singh Bedi not because he was a dehdhari guru.

He started the Sanatan Singh Sabha to FIGHT the Arya Samaj propaganda and to FIGHT the conversion of Sikhs by British Christian missionaries (so there goes your sham theory).

In Sarbloh Granth Dasmesh Pitaji has praised the Bedi lineage as being completely mukht.

If anyone doubts Baba Khem Singh Bedi talk to a real scholar like Kam1825 on this forum and he will assuredly clear up your doubts.

Valli Singh has posted the basic detals about Baba Khem SIngh Bedi. Baba Ji were one of the great descendants of the Bedi Lineage and kept good links with Baba Ram Krishan Bedi and Baba Davinder SIngh Ji Bedi.

Baba Khem SIngh Ji bedi were part of the Singh Sabha movemant along with Sant Giani Sundar SIngh Ji Bhindrawalae and Sant Attar sIngh Ji Mastuan walae

For a greater understanding of Baba Ji's life i would suggest picking up Giani Ishar SIngh Nara's book called 'Raja Jogi'

If anyone is to go ahead and defame the mahapurkh (Sarpanch) i dont mind the criticism as long as it is backed up by a source.

Singh Is King,

Tell the truth, was that trash you posted torn from a two-bit Bollywood rag and twisted

with a splash of your Kala Afghanist ideologue?

Who is Sanatan? I suggest you read Baba Khen Singh Bedi's personal diary and letters in English to get a real sense of his views and IDEOLOGICAL OPPOSITION to the British whereas the Tat Khalsa Singh Sabha were Complete and Open BRITISH COLLABORATERS who let the Raj fund their Sabha.

And by the way, way to subtley defame Dasam Bani,

you are really quite adept, did Kala Afghana personally whisper the phrase 'bipran ki reet'

into your ear, because he claims it to be his own coinage.

Ok Valli Singh, as I read Bollywood you must read Hindu comics.

Singh Sabha were the puppets of the British, did your baba whisper that in your ear and come through the other !

Bedi the GIT quite openly and time after time claimed:

1. Gurus were descendants of Hindu King Ram`s children as Bedi`s and Sodhi`s. He claimed that the Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the fifth veda of the Hindus which provides the essence of Purans and Upanishads. This is blasphemy.

2. He was paid by Arya Samaj, he set up a Sodak Committee in 1897 of his hand picked people, to consolidate 32 wildly different versions of the Bachitar Natak which had been introduced into Panjab from Bengal via the Nirmalas between 1875 and 1900. This is blasphemy.

3. He was a staunch supporter of the Mahant Narian Das who murdered 130 Sikhs at Nankana Sahib in 1921. Gurbaksh Singh Bedi was notoriously anti panthic and used to go on Hindu stages to declare that Sikhs are Hindus. This is blasphemy.

Keep your Santatan junk to yourself and stop distorting the truth. Akal Purkh will ensure your fate (as he did with Bedi, a painful lingering death to that rat heratic).

HEALTH WARNING: Pang kills if taken in large quantities (and is against the Panthic Maryada)

PS. suggest you goto hindusangat.com or hokuspocussikhsrus.com to spread your filth.

Singh is king,

1. For the claim above, this is not what baba khem singh ji bedi saying, guru maharaj ji lineage going back to luv and kush is mentioned in bachitar natak of sri dasam granth sahib ji, look at the sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale commentary on this under Gurmat Patt Darshan.

Looking over the pages of history many different avatars have graced the land of India with their presence.

Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji ‘ Khalsa’ Bhindrawale was the Jathedar of the original Samparda Bhindrawale Taksal at Gurdwara Akhand Parkash in Bhinder-Kala

Baba Ji lists some small facts about the 10 Guru Sahibs on pages 13 to 23 of his book ‘Gurbani Paath Darshan’.

Baba Ji states that the “Bedi” family of Guru Nanak Maharaaj can be linked back to a Kush the son of Siri Raam Chandra. And because a descendant of Kush studied the Vedas at Kanshee the family was called the “Bedi” family.

Guru Angad Maharaaj Ji’s “Tehan” lineage is said to go back to to the son of Siri Lashman Ji whose name was Takh and hence his lineage was known as the ‘Tehan’ family.

Guru Amardass Ji’s “Bhalla” lineage can be linked to the brother of Siri Raam Chandra whose name was Bharath, his son Bhallan is said to have given his name to the “Bhalla” family.

Guru Raamdass Ji’s “Sodhi” lineage can be linked back to Luv the son of Siri Raam Chandra. The descendants of Luv won over the kingdom of “Snoaudh” and from there the “Sodhi” family descends.

In this way Baba Ji has linked all of the Gurus back to the family of Siri Raam Chandra Ji. We cannot deny these links as they are agreed upon not only by Panth-Rattan Baba Gurbachan Singh ‘Khalsa’ but also many other Nirmala, Udasi and Sevapanthi Gurmukh Pyare, Sadhu Sants. This is also confirmed by the writings of Dashmesh Pitta Guru Gobind Singh in ‘Bachittar-Natak’.

And your post regarding "He claimed that the Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the fifth veda of the Hindus which provides the essence of Purans and Upanishads. This is blasphemy."

Look at the context of his claim, everyone knows baba khem singh bedi bought lot of hindus into sikhi. I still think he is putting gurmat sidhant infront if above statement is by him, how do i know that? by his actions of life, also read between the lines, essence (tat gyan) of all vedas, puranas and upanishabds lies in sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj. I don't see anything wrong with that statement because i m seeing the statement in context, and you are taking it out of context.

2. I am not sure about this. Can you please back it up with the sources? so that we can further research.

3. Your third point is totally rubbish have no sources to back such a bold statement.

Ok Valli Singh, as I read Bollywood you must read Hindu comics.

Singh Sabha were the puppets of the British, did your baba whisper that in your ear and come through the other !

Bedi the GIT quite openly and time after time claimed:

1. Gurus were descendants of Hindu King Ram`s children as Bedi`s and Sodhi`s. He claimed that the Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the fifth veda of the Hindus which provides the essence of Purans and Upanishads. This is blasphemy.

2. He was paid by Arya Samaj, he set up a Sodak Committee in 1897 of his hand picked people, to consolidate 32 wildly different versions of the Bachitar Natak which had been introduced into Panjab from Bengal via the Nirmalas between 1875 and 1900. This is blasphemy.

3. He was a staunch supporter of the Mahant Narian Das who murdered 130 Sikhs at Nankana Sahib in 1921. Gurbaksh Singh Bedi was notoriously anti panthic and used to go on Hindu stages to declare that Sikhs are Hindus. This is blasphemy.

Keep your Santatan junk to yourself and stop distorting the truth. Akal Purkh will ensure your fate (as he did with Bedi, a painful lingering death to that rat heratic).

HEALTH WARNING: Pang kills if taken in large quantities (and is against the Panthic Maryada)

PS. suggest you goto hindusangat.com or hokuspocussikhsrus.com to spread your filth.

actually you just did blasphemy by saying that what you did about Sahib Sree Dasam Granth Sahib Jeeo