Someone Talking About You In Gurdwara

Guest _student_

Guest _student_

Sat sri akaal everyone.

There is this girl that i have been friends with for a long time, since childhood and a few yeras back me and her got into a silly little relationship. it didnt work out. But i went off the rails and began to do stupid things.

Now, obviously she knows im sikh and she went to my local gurdwara ( she not sikh) but she has some sikh friends and one had an akand paath, so she attended. I know that she had been telling her sikh friends things about me whilst in the gurdwara, like spreading rumors and telling her friends my name, like she was almost bragging about how i went off the rails bcoz of her, so she was telling stuff about me, so that people know me.

I know she has laughed at me behind my back and spread rumors about me within and outside the gurdwara.

i know this because i have been told. Obviously this is very upsetting as my gurdwara is special to me.

What does everyone think....how do u deal with things like this?

Thank you

G

Guest Vah-Guru!

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Silly little relationships can leave a scar on the rest of your life. Mortals have been doing the same sins for thousands of years. Many religions came out to find answers to the unanswered question. Finally Sikhi came just five centuries ago - it is unique. We are all females in the sight of Vaheguroo Jee, this instantly smashes our ego. You and her should next time actually listen to the Akhand paath of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

Going to the guruduara is to pray and it is a sacred place of worship. If your ex friend was there she should also have been there to do seva and meditate on god and not talk about you behind your back. But unfortunatly not everyone understands this truth, and even if they do they dont want to follow it. However it is really easy to slip and start concentrating on other things. But one should try really hard and make themselves such that they concentrate while in the gurrduara. Afterall all humans need to "sudhar their jeevan", and a good way to start is by attending the guruduara and being part of the sangat.

In my view the truth is, that you dont need to worry, leave it all to waheguru ji, he is watching us all and knows the truth about everything. If this act by your friend has hurt you, then you dont worry, instead be a better person and try to forgive and forget and as for waheguru ji, he knows all, you dont need to worry.

Guest _Student_

Ok thank you. Those words really help. I have forgiven her but at times its just difficult to forget. At a gurdwara my mind is focused but sometimes, some people make it difficult for me.

But i will defintely take your advice.

thanks