Article from Newkerela.com

hajara

NEWS:

http://www.newkerala.com/news-daily/news/f...llnews&id=13309

India News > Gurutegh Bahadur - A symbol of Hindu-Sikh amity

Chandigarh, Apr 23 (ANI):

To satisfy the ends of malicious propaganda, Pakistan has resorted to extremes of contorting even historical truths. Raking up events going back centuries and contorting them with the aim of inciting hatred, the PTV alleges the Hindus to be behind the killing of ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Tegh Bahadur. The truth, however, speaks differently and Hindu-Sikh amity remains strong as ever.

Religion accepted out of fear or greed cannot provide the moral courage of conviction, or bear any fruit', said Guru Tegh Bahadur.

The ninth Sikh guru, leader of non-Muslim forces against Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in the 17th century, strived against a campaign of religious persecution and conversion at the point of the sword.

In an atmosphere where people were mercilessly killed for defying the wicked royal order, Brahmins and other sects sought the Guru's help to protect their honour. The strength of this relationship formed the foundation of Hindu-Sikh amity for posterity, well into the formation of the Khalsa by the successor to Guru Tegh Bahadur, Guru Gobind Singh, defining Sikhs as a separate warrior force, and into the present day. Guru Tegh Bahadur was brutally killed in his fight.

Centuries on, it is these facts that Pakistan looks to convolute, contort reality to incite hatred and ill-feeling through stirring of religious sentiments to pit Hindus against Sikhs.

Sikh scholar

s hit out at their blasphemous claims. Says Dr K S Raju, "After the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur, the persons who picked up his martyred body were Hindus. If they had conspired to kill him, why would they pick up his severed head and body. The history books in Pakistan and Islamic history has convoluted the

truth to say that the Guru Tegh Bahadur used to extort money from people, and that is why Mughal emperor Aurungzeb had killed him. From all my study of the texts these are lies, and it was just a deliberate ploy to incite Sikhs into violence against Hindus. But their version is all wrong and fabricated."

Standing as a symbol of the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur at the hands of the Mughals and Hindu-Sikh harmony is the Gurudwara Sis Ganj in the capital. The shrine is brilliant testimony to harmony between Hindus and Sikhs through the ages, the overlapping of customs and religious rituals, the spirit of community beyond

barriers reaching out to embrace all. Gurudwara Sis Ganj sees thousands of Hindus everyday.

Above all, it is a symbol of the defeat of negative designs from across the border, efforts to split the nation by drawing religious boundaries.

The strength of the bond, though, remains undefeated. "Among Shias and Sunnis in Islam, there is continuous conflict. On the other hand, Hindus and Sikhs have a religious and social affinity and love. The first nine Sikh gurus were Hindus themselves. It was the 10th Guru, Guru Gobind Singh who founded the Khalsa in

1699 to create a force fight the atrocities of the Mughals against the Sikhs," says Dr Raju.

It lives in the deepest pores of Punjab. The oneness of Sikhs and Hindus, the amity they enjoy, is an aspect of life itself, doesn't need to be consciously dwelt upon, so ingrained is it in the lifestyle and the psyche itself.

For these people, any ideas of disagreement or illwill on the basis of religion alone can hardly even be imagined. What the incendiary, Pakistan, sees as an opportunity to divide is too fi

rmly established.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:nihungsmile: so it is now clear, no one wants the Sikhs to be seperate. either the Hindu-RSS ppl talk of hindu-sikh "oneness" as above or Pakistani media portrays Hindus as enemys of Sikhs....in other words saying Muslims are closer to Sikhs than Hindus.

Muslims are closer to sikhs, from my examples in life.

Me meeting a Hindu :

"OYE, HELLO SARDARJEE, HOW ARE YOU, YOUR PANJABI RIGHT?! WE'RE ALL DESI BROO!!, YOUR SEEEEK, WITH THE PAGRI!"

Me meeting a Muslim :

"Hey, whats up bro, your sikh right? yeah thats awesome, i know many, cool religion, you believe in this and this right?"

And theres always that union between me and a muslim, and for some reason i feel closer to a muslim girl wearing a hijab then i do to a hindu born in punjab.

Muslims actually know of the Khalistan Movement, and know of many issues concerning Sikhism. Whereas Hindus dont know anything and yet claim to be brothers or love with "punjabis."

Muslims > Hindus.

I WANT THE SIKHS TO BE SEPARATE.

HINDUS HAVE ABUSED US FOR LONG ENOUGH.

I'D RATHER BE PROUD TO BE FROM LAHORE, PAKISTAN THEN INDIA.

it disgusts me to say im "INDIAN"

Guest mehtab

i must agree with this, i have seen for myself Punjabi Muslims from pakistan showing more respect towards Gurus as compared to Punjabi Hindus from india who are born n raised with Sikhs. And yes, one automatically feels respect towards muslim women in hijaab. And i have some pakistani Punjabi friends. Talking to them for 10 minutes in Punjabi ( by the way they speak dam good Punjabi than indian Punjabis ) just makes my day :umm:

Waheguru jio!

Hmmmmm... interesting topic...... :T:

I agree with the topic but i can also disagree to it. (And even agree wit sukh bhainji :umm: )

Welll even though we get more respect from muslims than hindus... some can say da oposite and no we get more respect from hindus than muslims. You can say a hindu is like this from what happened in the past (ie. 1984 etc..) or a muslim is like this from what happened in our gurus times. So either way... even today the indian government is beating up on sikhs in punjab, india .. again thats hindu (corrupted ones again, not all) ... and on the other hand you can say the muslims are out there just to corrupt our bhainjis and young youth.

So either way... i agree wit sukh_v on this one. Everyone the same... some maybe more bad or good than others, but all comes down to guru jis answer and hukam toward them...

hmmm ... did i make sense... :(

bhul chuk maph! :D

I agree wit Rochak bhaji

Paki Panjabis got THETH PANJABI :D

Their Panjabi sis jus WICKED

oUTSTANDING - UNIQUE

PURE Panjabi :umm: :(

Also regarding the subject

I tihnk it depends

I've heard South Indians respect Sikhs a LOT

same with Tibetians

everyone should listen to the Kath by Bhai Guriqbakl Singh jee NanakSar vale

Jai Jai kar kare sabh koi

download form hub :wub:

The identity of a sikh is a sikh end of. The original article is written by persons trying to send out a message of unity but their repeating the same lines as well as over doing it which misses the recent history (post 1984) especially. Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji gave his head for a principle of human rights to freely practice what you believe in, not for a purpose of unity he would have given his head for muslims if it was the other way round. To Blame pakistan for everything is nuts .

Muslims understand the sikh conflict better than india does due to kashmir palestine chechnya similiarities cross border activity with khadkoo singh dheras in pak punjab . The wrong info is being fed 2 indians from the gov side meaning the only thing indians heard on the punjab problem is what they saw on tv. Very much like what you see in kashmir we can be quick to assume muslims are fanatics trying to spread islam and terror in kashmir, especially since a few recent casualties were sikhs ( although investigations revealed the army was responsible). But where did we recieve our information from? news.

Im a punjabi sikh with some hindu blood on my maternal side but i feel closer to some muslims than i do to sikhs or hindus , my best friends are not even punjabi muslims but from pathans who are both pakistani and kabuli muslims. few things i remember about the ones i come across is their honourable, simple, they mean what they say, n can put up a ruck.

natsilakh where you saying you would like sikhs to be seperate. Depends what your saying if its khalistan i agree 100%. But if its seperaton of punjabi hindus from punjab and sikhs then im afraid youv missed reality and

hard facts.

Arya samajis, pure hindus, brahmins, bhaniyeh, sanyareh are the upper castes of hindu society . True the ghandi family was brahmin and ruined a lot in sikh policy making however there were many good brahmins you cant take it out on all of them. Its not your caste or religion that makes you like that.

after jatts and terkhans punjabis are split into ghumars, nais, sheembai, jheers, then the rest chumars, khattris, bhatrey, jatt/khattri switches ahulwalias, sainis. These are the dominant groups in punjab of hindu punjabis as well as a slightly smaller number of sikhs. This may shock you but you will also find that from these homogenised groups theres a sikh connection which make up 1 third of the sikh race after jatts and terkhans. Sikh nais marry hindu nais, sikh ghumars marry hindu ghumars etc etc. Members of both religions are married in the same houses with blood ties from both sides. These are cultural traditions from one century to the next. These groups r not of arya samaj because their caste is considered low and their not classed as aryas because their not blue blood. members from dual religions are more cultural than ideally sikh or hindu.

To assume hindus created problems in punjab is also wrong. the issue of language rights and dividing punjab is related to economic status from landless to jmeendar. Haryaney jatts considering themselves as the original hindu jatts collected in the land belts out of the old punjab. At the time of subha 1961 they voted hindi as their mother tongue, they agitated for a seperate land against punjab, the gov helped them, in return they staked land claims in haryana himachal and hoshiarpur which the gov helped. This depleted land resources of which the khalsa which gave 93% sacrifices the bottom line it was a scam for grabbing land. refer to sant jarnail singh jis speeches.

Punjabi hindus within the small punjab now are bout 45% had they voted hindi another haryana would have been created out of punj

ab.

Its very conveniently cleverly used to say "these hindus did this that, when in fact it was all about land gains and asserting a new identity in haryana hardly anyone cross dissects the subject as to decipher different groups named as hindus. Its a shame how we then ignore our own forms of "brahminism" we carry out and or practically protest against it such as caste gurdwaras which included hegomy over singh sabhias akali dal seats, caste marriages and drawing a line betwen idol worship and revering gurbani as word of God and denieing the biggest act of caste ritualism in history kicking away 60 million backward castes from darbar sahib. Then we ask where is khalsa raj? when will we have our day? it can only come through living Guru sahib jis ideals.

My solution to this as well as the above posts is parchar. the bad economic agrarian policies of the state are driving punjabi sikh jatts away to the west. In my opinion it makes more sense to do parchar of sikhi to the masse of punjab. Bhai Randhir singh did it hes one of the very few people who led a revolution in the most suppoosed low caste sections of society.

Im not into caste but thats how it is back in punjab its not as easy as nit picking. one third of the sikh race is connected to hindus through blood rishtey. This dont mean hindus and sikhs are the same religion when the theories of both are diametrically opposed. But there are different sides to this which is being ignored. So technically speaking rather than seek the impossible of seperating one third of the sikh race from their hindu rishtedars , instead if we sort parchar out and gain more sikhs into the fold as was we might get somewhere.

Sikhs will have a khalsa raj when the ideals of Guru ji are put into practice Thats Sant attar singhs jis forecast. rather than look at the con of it try to make the positive through preaching of gurmat sikhi.