Did Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji And Bhagat Kabir Ji Ever Meet?

ballyss

yes they met and Kabir Ji talks about this in his Gurbani.....I cant recall the exact shabad but it is something like this:- Kabir satgur soorma meh milio baya baan jo ek,lageh poey me gireoh pareh kalejeh sheikh..Kabir says when i met Guru Nanak Dev Ji he fired an arrow of love towards me and it pierced my heart.......apologies in advance if the Gurbani citation is incorrect.

Bhagat Kabir Ji wrote the Bavan Akhri after meeting Guru Sahib.

It is said that Bhagat Kabir Ji called Guru Sahib a 'Khalsa'. Bhagat Ji then composed the following Shabad:

kaho kabeer jan bha-ay khaalsay paraym bhagat jih jaanee. ||4||3||

Says Kabeer, those humble people become pure - they become Khalsa - who know the Lord's loving devotional worship. ||4||3||

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Meeting the True Guru

Bhagat Ravidas jee, like other Bhagats whose Bani is contained in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee, was a contemporary of Guru Nanak Dev jee. We know this as Mira Bai who lived during the reign of Mughal Emperor Akbar was a disciple of Bhagat Ravidaas jee. Janamsaakhis and 'Tvareek Guru Khalsa' (p. 80) mention that the Bhagats met Guru Nanak Dev Jee. According to the Meharvaan Janamsaakhi, the Bhagats met Guru Nanak Dev jee at Ayodhya. From reading Gurbani, the Bhagats clearly state that they found the True Guru and that received Amrit & Naam from the Satguru, who can only be Satguru Nanak. Therefore, Bhagat Ravidaas jee became a disciple of Guru Nanak Dev jee. A Gurdwara Sahib is constructed in Ayodha in memory of the historic meeting between Guru jee and the Bhagats.

ਪਰਮ ਪਰਸ ਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟੀਐ ਪੂਰਬ ਲਿਖਤ ਲਿਲਾਟ ॥

ਉਨਮਨ ਮਨ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਮਿਲੇ ਛੁਟਕਤ ਬਜਰ ਕਪਾਟ ॥੬॥

"When one's pre-ordained destiny awakens and one meets the True Guru, who is the Supreme Philosopher's Stone, then the inner-soul meets with the Supreme Soul, and the stubborn doors of the mind are opened wide. ||6||"

(Bhagat Ravidaas jee, Ang 346)

I don't believe that they met. Sant Baba Gurdas Singh Kotikera vala told me it is not true at all.
Despite legend that claims Kabir met with Guru Nanak, their lifespans do not overlap in time.[12]

Someone do the math.

Many historians (including famous historians like Ravinder Nath Tagore, Urvashi Surti, Muhammed Hedayetullah) have established Bhagat Kabir Ji's life span from 1440-1518.

Guru Nanak lived in their physical form from 1469 till 1539/1540 (disputed).

Most historians claim Bhagat Ramanand to be his Guru.

Some historians like Max Arthur Macauliffe, Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha and Muhammed Hedayetullah say Sheikh Taki to be Bhagat Kabir Ji's Guru.

But Urvashi Surti reached the truth in her book, where she described the cirumcstances of Bhagat Ji's meeting with Guru Nanak. Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh Ji also stated this in their Katha. Bhagat Ji meeting Guru Nanak Sahib is also written in a old book, called Twarikh Guru Khalsa (first part, page 80) written by Giani Gian Singh. Some of the Janamsakhis also state this, one of them being the Meherban Janamsakhi.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Many historians (including famous historians like Ravinder Nath Tagore, Urvashi Surti, Muhammed Hedayetullah) have established Bhagat Kabir Ji's life span from 1440-1518.

Guru Nanak lived in their physical form from 1469 till 1539/1540 (disputed).

Most historians claim Bhagat Ramanand to be his Guru.

Some historians like Max Arthur Macauliffe, Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha and Muhammed Hedayetullah say Sheikh Taki to be Bhagat Kabir Ji's Guru.

But Urvashi Surti reached the truth in her book, where she described the cirumcstances of Bhagat Ji's meeting with Guru Nanak. Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh Ji also stated this in their Katha. Bhagat Ji meeting Guru Nanak Sahib is also written in a old book, called Twarikh Guru Khalsa (first part, page 80) written by Giani Gian Singh. Some of the Janamsakhis also state this, one of them being the Meherban Janamsakhi.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

In regards to the Meharban Janamsakhi, Meharban was the grandson of the 4th Guru.

Points to note are:

1) Meharban led the Minas Cult which corrupted Sikh teaching.

2) Guru Arjan condemned the Minas and basic historical contents of the Janamsakhi ...........Sikhs didn't touch it for centuries until Dr Kirpal Singh resureccted it.

3) Meharban introduces the theory that Guru Nanak was an Avtar of King Janak, father in-law of Rama and father of Sita.

4) The Minas wanted the Sikhs to have a Hindu Pantheon.

5) They changed Guru Nanak's place and date of birth

6) Along with the Hindali's they placed Kabir above Guru Nanak. (the Hindali's wrote the Bhai Bala Janamsakhi, another fictious work)

7) Bhai Gurdas condemns and criticises Meharban. Read // 36-1 to 36 - 11 where the Minas are condemned and described as "hypocritical" and "spiritless evil persons"

8) Meharban and Prithi Mal insulted the Guru's face to face.

9) Bhai Buddha and Bhai Gurdas ousted the Meharban and the Minas from Amritsar

10) Meharban started calling himself the seventh Guru.....while his son Harji the 8th.

11) Meharban tried to corrupt Mulmantaar

Many historians (Hazari Prased Trivedi, Charlotte Vaudenville), have established Bhagat Kabir Ji's life span from 1398-1448

Guru Nanak never met Bhagat Kabir, as Kabir Ji was dead by the time Guru Nanak was born. Guru Nanak never recorded this meeting with Kabir Ji in his hymns, (like he did for other events, for example Nanau Chand at Kurukshetra SGGS 1289-1290, etc, etc). Neither did Shaheedi Bhai Mani Singh, the scribe of the Guru Granth Sahib, mention this monumentous encounter in his works, Gyan Ratnawali, or list Kabir Ji as a friend or companion in Guru Nanaks life. Neither did Bhai Gurdas mention this so-called meeting. And neither do the Kabir-panthis, (the followers of Bhagat Kabir) believe in this story.

I sinerely believe this so-called story of Guru Nanak meeting Kabir Ji is just another fairytale.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa,

WaheGuru Ji Ke Fateh!