All Bhagat's, Whose Bani Is In Sggs Were Sikhs?

guptveer1469

True that. But is Sri Gur Katha authentic? (i.e. really written by Bhai Jaita Ji)

Kathas of Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji, Kartar Singh Ji and Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale, should be preserved and also noted down in series.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Sri Gur katha granth is written in such a way and in such a language that it must a very old text and is written by someone who was a strong abhiyaasi of Sri Dasam Granth. The wriings are alll Tatt-gurmat. There are no black spots(as we have with other historical books written in 18th century). This granth is certainly written by a Tatt-Khalsa Nihang(of very very very high avastha) of the early 18th century.

Bhai Jaita jee was called 'Guru ka Beta' and it is beyond our comprehension to understand what this actually means. But it certainly means that Bhai Jaita was a topmost brahamgyani and a very dear brahamgyani of Satguru.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. This is a slap on the face of the Dasam Granth nindaks, as this book proves that the 5 Bani's were indeed read out on Amrit Sanchar, 30 March 1699.

Who discovered this? Is this in publication? If not, who has possession of it?

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Cool. This is a slap on the face of the Dasam Granth nindaks, as this book proves that the 5 Bani's were indeed read out on Amrit Sanchar, 30 March 1699.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

This book also clears the kakaar debate as it mentions kesh as the kakaar. I have heard this book is available in Punjab and was discovered by some Prof. Gurmukh Singh( I could be wrong). I feel this book is a jewel for the panth. It can bring unity in the panth.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

This book also clears the kakaar debate as it mentions kesh as the kakaar. I have heard this book is available in Punjab and was discovered by some Prof. Gurmukh Singh( I could be wrong). I feel this book is a jewel for the panth. It can bring unity in the panth.

True. It should be proved to be authentic, and be made more known in Panthic circles. Anyways, there will still be those people that still won't agree (but then, Guru Ji also said: "do not argue with fools").

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Fateh Ji,

This argument is used by people who propose 'Sikhi without Baana'. Though paintings of most Bhagats show them with hair and beard.

Bhagats were part of the Bhakti movement that was against wrong religious practices. I feel what Guruji saw was their selfless love for Akal Purakh that made a impression on Guruji.

But I feel why get into the reasons...our Guruji included Bhagat Bani and that should be all that should matter.

Guru Rakha

• 2 weeks later...

I think you are not correct to the best degree. If not all, most of them were not Sikhs. In fact many of them have lived even before Sikhism was founded. For example- Bhagat Jaidev Ji born in 1170

Bhagat Namdev Ji born in 1270

Sheikh Farid Ji born in 1173

and many more .

I"m trying to collect much information on them and then I'll put posts regarding them

on my blog - Who Are Sikh? . I have already posted regarding Bhagat Trilochan Ji . and will also post in a day or so regarding Bhagat Bhikhan JI.

I think you are not correct to the best degree. If not all, most of them were not Sikhs. In fact many of them have lived even before Sikhism was founded. For example- Bhagat Jaidev Ji born in 1170

and many more .

I"m trying to collect much information on them and then I'll put posts regarding them

on my blog - Who Are Sikh? . I have already posted regarding Bhagat Trilochan Ji . and will also post in a day or so regarding Bhagat Bhikhan JI.

Bhaji, ONE question. Have you done your own research? It seems you are just copying the birth years from other (not-trustable) sources.

The Bani in SGGS is not of Sheikh Farid that lived during the 12th century. But a Bhagat Farid that lived latter. One of the most learned persons in the panth, was Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha, and he himself has stated this.

I am writing on this currently... As I'm not in India, I can't do certain things. But you being in India, should atleast visit the Gurdwara in Ayodhya where the Bhagats supposedly met Guru Ji (Bhagat Ramanand, Bhagat Ravidas and few others).

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

and many more .

Bhaji, ONE question. Have you done your own research? It seems you are just copying the birth years from other (not-trustable) sources.

The Bani in SGGS is not of Sheikh Farid that lived during the 12th century. But a Bhagat Farid that lived latter. One of the most learned persons in the panth, was Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha, and he himself has stated this.

I am writing on this currently... As I'm not in India, I can't do certain things. But you being in India, should atleast visit the Gurdwara in Ayodhya where the Bhagats supposedly met Guru Ji (Bhagat Ramanand, Bhagat Ravidas and few others).

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

I have not copied the data /dates from any site. I have read them in the book - Bhagat Saints of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji written by Shamsher Singh Puri published in 1999.

He is a very learned man and has also authored -

1. Prayer

2. Handbook of Sikh Theology

3. Happy Marriages - The Sikh Way

4. Ills of Today's Fast Life - The Sikh Therapies

5. Influence of Thought on Body and Mind - The Sikh Perspective

6. Varan Bhai Gurdas

So I can't say him to be a 'non-trustable'.

Some people from other religions claim even Guru Nanak to be a Muslim, or a Hindu, they distort our history, because of jealousy, in the same way I believe the same has happened to these Bhagats. They were neither Muslim nor Hindu, they might of been born into a family of those religions, like Guru Nanak, they may have even been followers of those religions for some time. But they are contained within the Sri Guru Granth Sahib, who is our Guru, therefore all those bhagats are part of our Guru. They are merged into the Guru. So at one time they may have been hindu or muslim but now they are God. God has no form, no caste, nevermind religion. God has no religion, they are God, so therefore they are not Muslim or Hindu.

When they were in still humans, and they subdued their egos, They would have become Sikhs. Practising the Truth, if they were still part of those other religions, think about it, they would of still been doing useless rituals.

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੧ ॥

Shalok, First Mehl

ਮਿਹਰ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਸਿਦਕੁ ਮੁਸਲਾ ਹਕੁ ਹਲਾਲੁ ਕੁਰਾਣੁ ॥

Let mercy be your mosque, faith your prayer-mat, and honest living your Koran.

ਸਰਮ ਸੁੰਨਤਿ ਸੀਲੁ ਰੋਜਾ ਹੋਹੁ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਣੁ ॥

Make modesty your circumcision, and good conduct your fast. In this way, you shall be a true Muslim.

ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਬਾ ਸਚੁ ਪੀਰੁ ਕਲਮਾ ਕਰਮ ਨਿਵਾਜ ॥

Let good conduct be your Kaabaa, Truth your spiritual guide, and the karma of good deeds your prayer and chant.

ਤਸਬੀ ਸਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵਸੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਖੈ ਲਾਜ ॥੧॥

Let your rosary be that which is pleasing to His Will. O Nanak, God shall preserve your honor. ||1||

And Guru Ji talks about many times how to be a "true hindu/muslim/yogi" And he always says the same thing everytime. Which is practise bieng a Sikh, and then you shall truly become a hindu/muslim/yogi

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੯ ॥

Dhanaasaree, Ninth Mehl:

ਤਿਹ ਜੋਗੀ ਕਉ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਨ ਜਾਨਉ ॥

That Yogi does not know the way.

ਲੋਭ ਮੋਹ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਮਤਾ ਫੁਨਿ ਜਿਹ ਘਟਿ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਛਾਨਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Understand that his heart is filled with greed, emotional attachment, Maya and egotism. ||1||Pause||

ਪਰ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਨਹ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਕੰਚਨ ਲੋਹ ਸਮਾਨੋ ॥

One who does not slander or praise others, who looks upon gold and iron alike,

ਹਰਖ ਸੋਗ ਤੇ ਰਹੈ ਅਤੀਤਾ ਜੋਗੀ ਤਾਹਿ ਬਖਾਨੋ ॥੧॥

who is free from pleasure and pain - he alone is called a true Yogi. ||1||

ਚੰਚਲ ਮਨੁ ਦਹ ਦਿਸਿ ਕਉ ਧਾਵਤ ਅਚਲ ਜਾਹਿ ਠਹਰਾਨੋ ॥

The restless mind wanders in the ten directions - it needs to be pacified and restrained.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕੋ ਜੋ ਨਰੁ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਤਾਹਿ ਤੁਮ ਮਾਨੋ ॥੨॥੩॥

Says Nanak, whoever knows this technique is judged to be liberated. ||2||3||

gud post