Marriage Law?

ghatak

do everyone(sikhs) know that the marriage certificate given by indian govt to sikhs states that the marriage was conducted under hindu rituals.

this is really shame.

we are not getting our pehchaaan. we are sikhs not hindus

please brothers and sisters lets discuss what we can do about it?

request to govt, write letters,

whenever sikhs do smth good for india, they say hindus did it.

and when smth bad happens, they say either khalistani did it or al qaeda did it (the men with turbans)

so lets discuss and think of some decision. so we can do smth about it

bhul chuk maaf.

best thing we can do is elect a gursikh to run the place or atleast someone that stands for what he/she believes in.... as long as we have punjabi leaders ready to kiss the governments a** , nothing will change for sikhs in india.

I have heard in Pakistan, one can get a sikh marriage certificate. So its a great thing. Get married. Go to the darshan of Sri Nankana Sahib(and other itihaasak gurdwaras) and get the certificate as well....

India is on the verge of a catastrophic destruction. The corruptt Indian democracy/government/ political system/ society is going to reap what it has sown in the last 60 years. So no need to worry.

best thing we can do is elect a gursikh to run the place or atleast someone that stands for what he/she believes in.... as long as we have punjabi leaders ready to kiss the governments a** , nothing will change for sikhs in india.

I have heard in Pakistan, one can get a sikh marriage certificate. So its a great thing. Get married. Go to the darshan of Sri Nankana Sahib(and other itihaasak gurdwaras) and get the certificate as well....

India is on the verge of a catastrophic destruction. The corruptt Indian democracy/government/ political system/ society is going to reap what it has sown in the last 60 years. So no need to worry.

yeah pakistan issues that certificate but how about the marriage shud that has to take place in pakistan too??

thx

yeah pakistan issues that certificate but how about the marriage shud that has to take place in pakistan too??

thx

I dont think so. Because that will be a type of beadbi.

Sikh marriage is called ANAND KARAJ. It happens in the parkash of Satguru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj. Parkash of Maharaaj is same everywhere. Recently I heard some sikhs from Austrialia, Canada getting marriage certificates from Pakistan. So it shud not be a problem. I met some muslims from Nankana Sahib Area and they have LOTS of respect for Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaaj. Older muslims in Nankana Sahib Area show huge respect to sikhs.

My few thoughts on this issue

In India following religion get marriage certificate under HINDU Marriage ACT

Hindus,Sikhs,buddist, jains

There is long pending demand from Sikhs to get certificate under “ Anand Marriage act 1909”

Only country that gives this certificate is Pakistan. Since this act was pre 1947 So valid in both the states. They make modification , rather completion of defining all situations in 2007 and get it approved in Pakistan parliament. Sarna of DSGPC make significant inputs in it

Actually it is not question of only marriage certificate. It has others issue too defined

The marriage, divorce , property inheritance on death, child ownership in dispute . All needs to be defined.

Also another important things come of reservations. Not many people know this. But low caste people are getting benefit of

Hindu, Sikhs , Buddhist & jains. Based on article 25

While Muslims & Christians are left out of benefit system.

If Sikhs insist on changing article 25. They need to be careful . The low caste people among Sikhs should not be left out of reservation systems

Changing article 25 have its advantages also. Then case of separatism gets strong in UNO. As per its(UNO) article 19 gives peblesite rights for different religion people, at the moment Sikhism is not recognised as separate religion in India.

UNO rapperter make a visits in India on this issue in 2007. Under pressure Indian govt announce on floor of the house that Sikhs will start getting marriage register under “Anand marriage Act”.

Things are getting on tizzy as supreme court have given directions to all states to make marriage registration mandatory.( That was due to lot many NRI duping girls in India, a separate issue). Most of the states are follow the direction, but Punjab govt is in trouble. Making hindu marriage act certificate of all people in Punjab will be politically explosive. One way Akali are thinking is to register marriage under local “Anand marriage act” but marriage certificate will not be issued. I am not sure what legal way around is that.

Bhai Harinder singh could u expand more on whats going to happen to india and which in time period. Bhai Sahib I love reading ur posts.

akali dal delhi, led by president dsgmc,paramjit singh sarna, had 5 demands for the panth in turn of which his party will support the congress in the recent delhi assembly elections those are

1) implementation of the anand karaj act- the bill has been discussed and will be finalised in 2 months in the lok sabha...this will register as a sikh marriage...

2) granting indian citizen ship to 10000 afghan sikhs

3) remove the blacklist of sikhs living abroad so they can come back

4) converting prof devenderpal singh bhullars death sentence to life imprisonment

5) acquiring land for gurudwara majnu ka tila from the government which had come under demolishion orders due to illegal encroachment

all the above demands execpt regarding prof devender bhullar have been agreed on...and the left demand will also be accepted in few months...

Bhai Harinder singh could u expand more on whats going to happen to india and which in time period. Bhai Sahib I love reading ur posts.

Dear Veer,

I strongly believe in GURMAT karam philosophy(which is nyari and diferent from karam philosophy of other man-made religions). According to my understanding of Karam philosophy, there is HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGEH HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE BURDEN OF NEGATIVE KARMAS on India as a country. Something REALLY terrible is going to happen here.

Energy crisis, hindu-muslim mass killling, natural catastrophes like earthquakes, drought, over-population etc seem to be the possible ways by which the burden of karmas will get settled. Its not very far but is going to happen in the near future I feel.

Sarna discusses Sikhs’ demands with Sonia

Prabhjot Singh

Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, July 26

Sikh Marriage Act and Sikh Code Bill can give the community an independent identity and existence. The Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) and the Shiromani Akali Dal (Delhi) stated this during a meeting with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.

Led by president of the DSGMC Paramjit Singh Sarna, a joint delegation of the committee, Shiromani Akali Dal (Delhi) and other Sikh organisations of the Capital met Mrs Gandhi at her residence to congratulate her on the government’s victory in the trust motion. The delegation placed before her long-standing demands of the Sikh community.

“It is not that we want something back for supporting the Prime Minister or the UPA. These are some of our long-standing demands that we had been placing before the union government from time to time,” says Sarna.

Though Pakistan has notified the Sikh Marriage Act, the delegation wanted that a similar Act be enacted in the country. The new law will help the community maintain its independent identity and existence.

The Sikhs have been demanding for a long time that they should not be covered under by the Hindu Marriage Act as the Anand Marriage Act of mid-20s has still not been implemented in the country.

They also want that a Sikh Code Bill be passed so that succession, adoption, marriage and other related issues of the Sikh community could be settled under the new legislation, Sarna said.

Sonia assured the delegation that the UPA government would take appropriate action to fulfil the demands of the Sikhs at the earliest.

Sikhs also want return of relics, manuscripts and various rare articles seized from Sikh Reference Library Amritsar by the Army during Operation Bluestar and annulment of a black list prepared by the ministry of home affairs during the unrest in Punjab.

The delegation demanded the construction of a corridor on the banks of the Ravi to facilitate visit to historical Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib, which is situated in Pakistan, which had given its consent for the project.

Sarna demanded the release of Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar, who had been sentenced to death in a split judgment by the Supreme Court. While deciding the mercy petition, the apex court had recommended it to the President. No one has ever been given death sentence in a split judgment, says Sarna.