How Many Marriages Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji?

S_Aujla

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

There is a question about guruji and his marriage well people say they did

marriage twice but today a friend of mine said no they did three so I am so confused I really want to know

how many marriages did guru ji i really want to know....

Bhool chuk mafh

(Sorry my english is not very good)

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

"Mata Sunder Kaur (Mata Sundri) or Mata Jeeto (Mata Jito) was the wife of Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708). She was the daughter of Bhai Ram Saran, a Kumarav Khatri of Bajwara, in present-day Hoshiarpur district of the Punjab. She was married to the tenth Sikh Guru at Anandpur on 4 April 1684. The father-in-law had desired that the bridegroom should come at the head of a marriage party to Lahore where the ceremony should be performed with due dignity.

The fateful events leading to the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur intervened, and in the changed circumstances it was not possible for the young Guru to go to Lahore. Therefore a temporary encampment was raised near the village of Basantgarh, 10 km north of Anandpur, and named Guru ka Lahore where the nuptials were held on 23 Har 1734 Bk/21 June 1684. Mata Jito ji became Mata Sundari ji after marriage as was the custom in Punjabi families. "

"Mata Sahib Kaur also Mata Sahib Devan is known as the "Mother of the Khalsa". She earned the distinction by instilling the first Amrit with the sweetness that balances its fierceness. Mata Sundari ji (also known as 'Mata Jito ji') was the only wife of Guru Gobind Singh. Mata Sahib Kaur, who was called 'Sahib Devan' before recieving Amrit, was the Spiritual Mother of the Khalsa, however some historians have mistakenly confused Mata Sahib Kaur as having been married to Guru Gobind Singh.

Mata Sahib Devan's father wished her daughter to marry Guru Gobind Singh, however as the Guru was already married, her father asked the Guru's permission for Mata Sahib Devan to live in the Guru's house as Sikh and serve the Guru and his family. Therefore, Mata Sahib Devan was never married and never had a physical relationship with the Guru. As a consequence of not marrying Mata Sahib Devan and her not being able to have children, Guru Gobind Singh made her the "Mother of the Khalsa". Up to this day in history, all Sikhs who take Amrit consider Mata Sahib Kaur as their (spiritual) Mother, and Guru Gobind Singh ji as their (spiritual) Father. "

got it from sikhiwiki but i think information about mata sahib kaur ji is true. i have definately heard about mata sahib kaur ji never being married to guru sahib from various people (speeches etc). in those times once a rishta has been rejected it was very hard to find a husband because of the general perspective of the society. and since guru sahib was already married by the time mata sahib kaurs father reached guru sahib, thats why guru sahib ji asked mata sahib kaur ji to stay and do seva for the panth as guru gobind singh ji knew about the perspective of the society and that it would be very hard to find anyone willing to marry mata sahib kaur ji because of the general mindset of people in those times. so guru sahib ji asking mata sahib kaur ji to stay and service the panth makes sense.

Mata Ajit Kaur (daughter of Harjas Subhikhi Khatri, resident of Lahore) was married on 23 Harh, SamVat 1734 (1677 AD) to Guru Gobind Singh Ji at Guru Ka Lahore near Anandpur Sahib. Mata ji left for heavenly abode on 13 Assu, Sambat 175 at Anandpur. Her Dehura (monument at cremation site) exists at Agampur. Mata Ji's birth name was Ajito and after Amrit Sanskar, Mata Ji were renamed as Ajit Kaur.

Mata Sunder Kaur was born in Bajwara, Hoshiarpur to Mata Shiv Devi. She was married to Guru Gobind Singh on 7 Vaisakh, Samvat 1741. (6 April 1684). A Gurudwara is present at Mata Ji's birthplace.

Mata Sahib Kaur was born in Rohtas village settled within Rohtas Fort in the family of Bhai Ramu Bassi. She was married to Guru Gobind Singh on 18 Vaisakh, Samvat 1757. (17 April 1700). There is a Gurudwara Sahib situated on the birth place of Mata Ji in Rohtas (district Jhelum, Pakistan).

"Mata Sunder Kaur (Mata Sundri) or Mata Jeeto (Mata Jito) was the wife of Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708). She was the daughter of Bhai Ram Saran, a Kumarav Khatri of Bajwara, in present-day Hoshiarpur district of the Punjab. She was married to the tenth Sikh Guru at Anandpur on 4 April 1684. The father-in-law had desired that the bridegroom should come at the head of a marriage party to Lahore where the ceremony should be performed with due dignity.

The fateful events leading to the martyrdom of Guru Tegh Bahadur intervened, and in the changed circumstances it was not possible for the young Guru to go to Lahore. Therefore a temporary encampment was raised near the village of Basantgarh, 10 km north of Anandpur, and named Guru ka Lahore where the nuptials were held on 23 Har 1734 Bk/21 June 1684. Mata Jito ji became Mata Sundari ji after marriage as was the custom in Punjabi families. "

"Mata Sahib Kaur also Mata Sahib Devan is known as the "Mother of the Khalsa". She earned the distinction by instilling the first Amrit with the sweetness that balances its fierceness. Mata Sundari ji (also known as 'Mata Jito ji') was the only wife of Guru Gobind Singh. Mata Sahib Kaur, who was called 'Sahib Devan' before recieving Amrit, was the Spiritual Mother of the Khalsa, however some historians have mistakenly confused Mata Sahib Kaur as having been married to Guru Gobind Singh.

Mata Sahib Devan's father wished her daughter to marry Guru Gobind Singh, however as the Guru was already married, her father asked the Guru's permission for Mata Sahib Devan to live in the Guru's house as Sikh and serve the Guru and his family. Therefore, Mata Sahib Devan was never married and never had a physical relationship with the Guru. As a consequence of not marrying Mata Sahib Devan and her not being able to have children, Guru Gobind Singh made her the "Mother of the Khalsa". Up to this day in history, all Sikhs who take Amrit consider Mata Sahib Kaur as their (spiritual) Mother, and Guru Gobind Singh ji as their (spiritual) Father. "

got it from sikhiwiki but i think information about mata sahib kaur ji is true. i have definately heard about mata sahib kaur ji never being married to guru sahib from various people (speeches etc). in those times once a rishta has been rejected it was very hard to find a husband because of the general perspective of the society. and since guru sahib was already married by the time mata sahib kaurs father reached guru sahib, thats why guru sahib ji asked mata sahib kaur ji to stay and do seva for the panth as guru gobind singh ji knew about the perspective of the society and that it would be very hard to find anyone willing to marry mata sahib kaur ji because of the general mindset of people in those times. so guru sahib ji asking mata sahib kaur ji to stay and service the panth makes sense.

I feel that it was not due to the general prespective of the society. I feel Mata Sahib Kaur jee COMPLETELY ACCEPTED Guru Sahib as her husband( in her mind). It would have been impossible for her to accept any one else as her husband. She could have suffered from serious depression or illness if she was not married to Satguru jee. Dashmesh Pita knew all this and Satguru also knew that Mata Sahib Kaur was a very special bhagat sikh. So Dashmesh Pita just kept the honour of His sikh and made Mata Sahib Kaur jee mother of Khalsa.

Mata Ajit Kaur (daughter of Harjas Subhikhi Khatri, resident of Lahore) was married on 23 Harh, SamVat 1734 (1677 AD) to Guru Gobind Singh Ji at Guru Ka Lahore near Anandpur Sahib. Mata ji left for heavenly abode on 13 Assu, Sambat 175 at Anandpur. Her Dehura (monument at cremation site) exists at Agampur. Mata Ji's birth name was Ajito and after Amrit Sanskar, Mata Ji were renamed as Ajit Kaur.

Mata Sunder Kaur was born in Bajwara, Hoshiarpur to Mata Shiv Devi. She was married to Guru Gobind Singh on 7 Vaisakh, Samvat 1741. (6 April 1684). A Gurudwara is present at Mata Ji's birthplace.

Mata Sahib Kaur was born in Rohtas village settled within Rohtas Fort in the family of Bhai Ramu Bassi. She was married to Guru Gobind Singh on 18 Vaisakh, Samvat 1757. (17 April 1700). There is a Gurudwara Sahib situated on the birth place of Mata Ji in Rohtas (district Jhelum, Pakistan).

gurufateh g

do u have any sources for this????????????????

from my understanding mata sahib kaur ji was never married to guru gobind singh g

and according to the years it wud mean satguru jis third marrige was 23 years after the fist and thats kind of ridicoulous considering the ages of the sahibzaday

the sahibzaday were saheeheded at the folllowing ages and these are numbers besed on what ive heard

Baba Ajit Singh Ji (14-17)

Baba Jujhar Singh Ji (11-15)

Baba Joravar Singh Ji (7-9)

Baba Fateh Singh Ji (5-7)

they were saheeheded in 1705 and when we think about it it just doesnt add up

if we say Mata Ajit Kaur was Baba Ajit Singh and Jujhar Singhs mother that would mean Guru Ji married Mata Sundri Ji when Baba Ajit Singh ji was around 7 and Baba Jorawar Singh ji Was around 5 and that makes no sense

Baba Jorwar Singh Ji and Baba Fateh Singh ji cant possibly be Mata SAhib Kaurs kids because it is stated that Guru Ji married in 1700 which means that even if at the time of Saheehedee Baba Jorawar Singh ji was only 7 that wouldnt add up because the marrige was only five years old

so then we go to Mata Sundri ji

if she was the mom of the chote sahibzaday and lets say Guru Ji had them the last years of the marrige which by the way is highly unlikely because according to this they married in 1684 and it ended in 1700

y would they not have a child until the last year and last two years it makes no semce when they were married for 16 years

and if they didnt wait then the chote sahibzadas would have been much older at the time of the saheehedee which was 1705

which doesnt register cause they were around 5 and 7

also there is no birthplace of Mata Ajit Kaur

there is no gurudwara even in Lahore

I think that article was right they must have been the same person it makes the most sense

I mean considering the numbers and the Gurudwaras and also the fact that at HAzur Sahib and in Bidar there are only two Gurudwaras one being Mata Ajit Kaur Jis and one being Mata Sahib Kaur Jis

we must take all we hear with a grain of salt g and all we read

i mean when i was younger i used to hear ppl say guru ji had four wives and the fourth would be eitheir Mata Ganga Ji (guru Arjun Dev jis wife) or Bibi Amro Ji (who led Guru Amardas ji) or someone else who was not related to the time

also Guru ji was born in 1666 making him 11 years old at the time of his first marrige according to the info

that is completely ridicoulous considering his wife was younger than him and it is immposible to have kids at that age

EVEN IF THEY WAITED TILL THE LAST YR OF MARRIGE 1684 TO HAVE BABA AJIT SINGH IT WOULD MAKE HIM 22-23 YEARS AT THE TIME OF HIS SAHEEHEDEE

IT JUST DOESNT ADD UP according to this he cant be Mata Ajit Kaur jis son

we cant just jump to these conclusions

we must think deeply about these things sometimes

hope i didnt offend anyone

btw sunny bond bhaji this isnt directed to argue wid u or offend u or prove u wrong or anything

just the stuff on the site this info is from

gururakha g

PEOPLE=IGNORE WHAT IS WRITTEN FOR A SECOND....

Do you really believe that the 10th Nanak....Kalgidaar Paatsaah...that he who has said....so kio mandhaa aakheeai jith janmehi raajaan ...vahigurooo...sometimes we should think with our hearts when we think about these questions...i believe with all my heart that all of my Guroos....with the exception of Sree Har Krisan Sahib Jee Maharaj....that my Guroo Sahib never had more than one wife...think people...your Gurooo....who have bibia equal hakh(rights) with singhs...that he would do such a thing?

to the person who asked this question....think about all people have stated on this page...think with your heart...and i think you will find yourself...agreeing to saint-soldiers post...

I feel that it was not due to the general prespective of the society. I feel Mata Sahib Kaur jee COMPLETELY ACCEPTED Guru Sahib as her husband( in her mind). It would have been impossible for her to accept any one else as her husband. She could have suffered from serious depression or illness if she was not married to Satguru jee. Dashmesh Pita knew all this and Satguru also knew that Mata Sahib Kaur was a very special bhagat sikh. So Dashmesh Pita just kept the honour of His sikh and made Mata Sahib Kaur jee mother of Khalsa.

i have heard that when guru gobind singh ji had rejected the rishta because guru sahib was already married , guru gobind singh ji then asked mata sahib kaur ji to stay and do seva for the panth some sikhs had asked guru sahib that if she does seva for tha panth and stays then she will not have her own children, then guru gobind singh ji had replied that she will have millions of children, thus mata sahib kaur ji being mother of khalsa. there was an great audio of what im saying by a gursikh, which i think was recorded at anandpur sahib on 300 saal of khalsa. its very informative in simple punjabi and a moorakh like me learned a lot of things from listening to it, if i find it i might be able to upload it.

Admin Note: Topic has been discussed. Please do a search.