In The Masters Presence- Trailer

caveman

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

err...right..coming back to the topic, can you let me know more about the book.

For example is it a book that only has stories of the guru's lives, and of other sikhs?

or is it just an essay?

Is is structured well? written well? i.e. good use of english?

From what people have said on this forum and other places, I can assume the book is a quality book in terms of construction and materials used, plus the imagery used is second to none.

But I'd like to know some critical feedback on the contents of the book from people who have read it. Just so I get a balanced view before I invest my £30.

I have to say at this point I'm very much leaning on buying the book.

One last point, how long does it take to deliver when buying from the publishers?

The website launch has been delayed for technical reasons but that you understand it will be ready to order from next week. Courier services will deliver on a prioroty service to UK, US, Canada, Australia and Europe at very competitive prices.

Below is a review from the facebook group for this book.

In the Masters Presence – The Sikhs of Hazoor Sahib Volume one is part of a series of two books highlighting with the History and Traditions of Takht Sachkhand Sri Hazoor Sahib. The volume was officially released at the 300 Gurtagaddi of Sri Aad Guru Granth Sahib at the Takht in 2008, but with delays in shipping and transport of the books, it has only reached the shores of the UK within the last week. Reports state that the book is selling very well in Nanded and in Punjab, and it is hoped that it will follow suit in the west.

The first thing that strikes you about the book is the size and quality of its publication. Immense care and attention to detail has taken place in its printing, from the strong double protective sleeve and perforated Asht Bhuja symbol on the front of the book, to the high quality binding which gives confidence in opening the pages without fear of the stitching becoming loose.

The cover includes a stunning rare image of 5 Hazoori Sikh bodyguards, armed to the teeth with weapons standing in formation. Readers of “Warrior Saints” will instantly recognise the “mad eyes” Akali featured in Parmjit Singhs first publication.

The unique aspect of this book is its content, although many people have read Sikh history books on the Gurus and other Sikhs, hardly any concise publications exist on the history of a Takht and the sangat that live around it. In The Masters Presence starts off by delving into the reason for Guru Gobind Singhs visit to Nanded, their interactions with Bahadur Shah and Banda Bahadur, the assassination of Guru Gobind Singh, and the most touching account of the emotions and feelings of the Sikhs when the Guru left for Sachkhand.

What is missed in other history books is the building of the Takht after 1708, the devoted Sikhs and what part they played in building the Takht, the politics involved with neighbouring Muslims, Governing bodies and also other Sikhs.

Parmjit Singh and Nidar Singh Nihang weave an intricate tapestry of characters, accounts, episodes and emotions felt by the Hazoori Sikhs. Descriptions of how the Takht went from a humble platform in memory of the 10th Guru, to a sanctuary for travellers, warriors and mystics allowing the reader to follow the transformation of the Gurus Throne.

The book is lavishly filled with rare high quality photographs of the Gurus, Sikhs and old maps, a great resource for anyone interested in Sikh Art. The book also contains high quality photographs of the frescos across the Takht and other Gurdwaras, many of which have disappeared due to “modernisation”

The book tells an unbiased account of the Hazoori Sikhs, focussing on the strength, vigor and dedication of the sangat, but also not missing actions which caused the Takht to come into the hands of the Governing state.

After building up the glory of the Takht, the book ends on a more tragic note, identifying the disregard for Sikh heritage which has taken place in recent years. Century old buildings linked with the Takht, and homes of Hazoori Sangat mindlessly destroyed to make way for modernisation and improvements to the Takht for the 300th Gurtagaddi of Aad Guru Granth Sahib. The final chapter of the volume brought flak upon the authors, under the guise of making mistakes, the Gurdwara Board attempted to brush off their involvement in the mindless bulldozering of the ancient Baradhari, Ramgharia Bunga and the homes of Sangat who lived in the shadow of the Takht. As searchers for knowledge, Sikhs should read and make up their own mind whether the authors were wrong to identify the actions of the people in charge.

It is refreshing to see a Sikh history book which has such a dramatic impact on the Sikh Community, rather than just another release which would normally gather dust in bookshops. This book is the first of many releases by Kashi House, and im sure that everyone will be looking forward to the second volume in the Hazoor Sahib series which will focus on the Traditions of the glorious Takht.

If anyone else has read the book, please leave a review so that others who are contemplating buying it can get an insight and also feedback can be given to the authors for future publications.

I'm curious as to the contents of this book.

I would like to examine this much hyped book to see what it talks about exactly.

But im not sending any money to him for the book, as I do not want to send him or his website any money for funding.

Maybe sum1 will be kind enough to lend me it for a few days :cool:

Or maybe sum1 can post a Review.

There seems to be a lot of 'hard sell' of the book. Facebook groups, postings on forums as well as videos about the book. It would be interesting to see if people are taken in by this hard sell. The only buyers will be those who are aligned with the authors' way of thinking or those who are not aware of who the authors are and their beliefs.

I'm curious as to the contents of this book.

I would like to examine this much hyped book to see what it talks about exactly.

But im not sending any money to him for the book, as I do not want to send him or his website any money for funding.

Maybe sum1 will be kind enough to lend me it for a few days :cool:

Or maybe sum1 can post a Review.

It's a really good book.

Art, imagery, historical research is 1st class.

Obviously some contraversial stuff, but such a small amount it really doesn't matter.

A really good buy :TH: Well worth it

Ermmm...I dont think Giddar has got a leg to stand on.

We went to his Akhara for 2 years and learnt that Sikhs can cut there hair, you are aloud to rape (in certain Circumstances) You can eat Halal, Drinking is OK, and Giddar does promote the use of drugs...not just Shaheedi Degh but also Heroine.

He has admitted to knowing Black Magic, even though he claims he does not use it?

He is a bit of a special person, like special needs.

In his book he compares Baba Kulwant Singh Ji to a Cameleon, however, he has on a number of occassions changed his views when challenged.

I think everyone should just ignore him, he is like a dog, and soon will stop barking.

VJKK VJKF

Dear all,

I have been to Niddar's akhara, here is what i learnt in one lesson:-

1. Firstly - remove your kara whilst training - because Niddar says we don't need to wear them all the time

2. That he is a hindu sikh, not sikh but Hindu Sikh

3. That he drinks and eats meat - because you need it to be a warrior

4. He swore at 2 Gatka ustads - i won't mention names, but they were called parts of the female anatomy - i think you know what!

5. Know one challenges him face to face because he is a warrior!

Needless to say I haven't been back again to his class! What he teaches is ok, but it won't work in reality. You will only really see if something works when it is tested under duress i.e. when the adrenalin is pumping through your veins, not when you get a

straight punch in the air and then you do 100 moves!!! LOL!

Don't buy his <banned word filter activated> book, it insults Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji in the first few pages

VJKK VJKF

The problem is all these singhs that have only been going to his class in the last few years see a different side of giddar. when his class first started he used to chat all kinds of false things. it was only when people left his class that he started with a different approach and now doesnt say as much contraversial stuff. hes learnt that in order to keep his students he cant do it. now he take a much more sly approach and drop his rubbish on the sly. ive been to his class and heard him chat all kinds of false things.

sum of these idiots think people are against his parchar because he eats chatka and drinks degh. that aint the half of it. ive heard him talk about rape, prostitutes, drugs, alchohol, cutting of kes and loads of other disgusting things.

as a person the geezas not right in the head. i dont kno why i bothered posting, giddars fanatical nangs will just accuse me of making stuff up.

Gurfateh !

A.hem ....Coming back to the video - I don't want to nitpick (invariably when someone says that they DO want to nitpick!! :p ) The voice-over says Hazoor Sahib is one of the Five Takhts / Thrones. I thought the 'invention' of five takhts is seen as - I think the correct terminology is - "SGPC / Neo Sikh" corruption of traditions. In other words there are 4 takhts ( Akaal Bunga Sahib,Patna Sahib, Kesgarh Sahib & Hazoor Sahib) and The Buddha Dal is the living breathing , moving fifth takht.

Am I right ? is this just an oversight by the video-maker ? Any views ?

* Note : Mainstream Sikh Ardas always remembers the 5 takhts (including Damdama Sahib(Guru Ki Kanshi)) , other traditions remember 4 takhts.