Is It Okay To Adress A Bibi As Singhni?

guptveer1469

TejiKaur, it kinda sucks that those Singhs called their fiances as Phenji. Its not very normal, or something to be proud of (like: look, I'm a rehitvaan Singh, I call my fiance as phenji)

You should respect the person you are talking to, and have no bad thoughts in mind about him/her. TejiKaur, I sadly couldn't reply to your post in the Guru Gobind Singh Ji and 3 wives topic, as it got closed.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Sunny, the Singhs called their fiances Bhen Jee because Anand Karaj had not yet been performed therefore in the eyes of Guru Jee they are still brother and sister ok? I have heard elder Gurmukhs say Veer/Bhen Jee for all people around their age, and Mata/Pita Jee for those considerably older, so that is what I do. They even address aloos like me with Tussi. There are similar threads with very good replies on other forums you can search for, as it might not be appreciated if I link directly to them.

Edit: Singh = Amritdhari Male Sikh, Kaur = Amritdhari Female Sikh, Singhni = Wife of Singh.

Bhaji, ardas wasn't made by our Gurus, it was made not untill the 19th century (I'm talking about the present day ardaas).

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Even the term sikh, sikhni was used before.. and btw the singh who used to call their fiance bhenji uptil anand karaj was Shaheed Bhau Amrik Singh ji... their own singhni told us

Bhaji, ardas wasn't made by our Gurus, it was made not untill the 19th century (I'm talking about the present day ardaas).

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Even the term sikh, sikhni was used before.. and btw the singh who used to call their fiance bhenji uptil anand karaj was Shaheed Bhau Amrik Singh ji... their own singhni told us

Wow bhaji.. thanks for informing me.. manmukh nu maaf kare, I kinda insulted a Shaheed.. :@ shame on me

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF