Moving To Birmingham

Guest _g.singh_

Guest _g.singh_

SSA Everyone.

im in the process of moving to birmingham to be closer to family there. but i dont know bham well.

which areas would people reccomend? i have heard solihull is a good area? is this a asian area? thats where my uncles are from. but i dont mind moving anywhere in bham. aslong as its a nice area. and how would you rate the city.

im a training to be a solicitor also. so anywhere where there are law firms would be handy. im comming from london. so is bham alot different to london?

thanks in advance

I live in solihull! We have lived in solihull for many years and have never experienced any problems. The only problem is all the cool "desi" stuff lol is in bham but solihull is experiencing the asian invasion. there are now a lot more asians living in solihull. The crime rate is much lower than the rest of bham and it is quite a nice place to live.

Can i ask please jee why you want to live in an asian area? Both Kaleh and Goreh make nice neighbours too! But i do agree - Solihull is a lovely place! Don't live there mind. I disagree with the whole goreh vs asian areas - its all about multicultural societies sangat jee!

Take Care. God Bless.

VJKK VJKF

Guest _G.Singh_

SSA all.

thanks for the helpfull advice.

i dont mind living anywhere as long as its a nice area. bul i would rather it be a mix. comming from essex where its predominantly white. i have suffered racism.

• 5 months later...

SSA Everyone.

im in the process of moving to birmingham to be closer to family there. but i dont know bham well.

which areas would people reccomend? i have heard solihull is a good area? is this a asian area? thats where my uncles are from. but i dont mind moving anywhere in bham. aslong as its a nice area. and how would you rate the city.

im a training to be a solicitor also. so anywhere where there are law firms would be handy. im comming from london. so is bham alot different to london?

thanks in advance

Hi

I've noticed your post - I'm in a similiar position and looking at moving to Birmingham due to my job (I have 2 young kids 3&5) two areas I am looking at are solihull and sutton coldfield. Can you tell me what you decided to do in the end?