Malaysian Sikh

neo4ride

Thanks SunnyBondSingh84 for addressing my post. If I may, I would like to respond to you comments below.

I did indeed state towards the end of my post that I am actively against religious propaganda, missionary work e.g. Christian preachers in public places etc. and believe that I would rather see the Khalsa have 2 true devotees than 2 million who don't "follow" sikhi properly. It is rather strange that you said I am against new souls joining such a beautiful path to God, when indeed I am one of the luckiest Goreh alive! Haha. I am so very fortunate and wish so many thousands more realise what jewel is present in this age of Kaljug. For this ultimate blessing I can only hope to aid others into answering their searching questions, providing comfort where possible and guidance if they ask for it.

In relation to myself, the past 5 years especially saw me searching for the actual meaning of the term God'asking several questions such as Why is there a "need" for a God? Why am I here? What is the purpose for my existence? What is reincarnation and karma? Etc. Is God really a grey bearded man upon a cloud in 'heaven' who goes by the name of 'God and sent his "only son" to earth to die for our sins, is he found by meditating on Krishna, Buddha, or is an entity who goes by the name of Allah?

I did indeed state in my post Veerjee, that it is only 'Inspiration' and 'True Love' that can really awaken the dormant soul to tune into the naad in which to awaken the flame of passion and thirst for God and for one to fall at his feet in humility and love which grows as day passes us by.

Just as I had personally experienced, you can't gain these answers instantly and it does require a lot of time and soul searching, to discover the meaning of the universe, the will of God and to fall in loveetc. A Christian can preach for many hours to others that Jesus died for their sins and that they are blasphemous and that the world is coming to an end and thus; they are to repent. I would like you to tell me however, what use is this? How many people do you see flocking around them willing to "repent" and follow a more religious life? None and if so, only a very few.

You see the Abrahamic faiths of Judaism, Christianity and Islam with millions of followers world -wide by why is this so great? For because of this there are hundreds upon hundreds of sects that have arisen- distorting the true meaning of loving God and how to serve him and humanity. Such denominations include Protestantism, Anglican, Methodist, Syro-malabar, Church of Korea, Kenya, Scotland, Pakistan, Quaker, Baptist, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Macedonian and Catholicism – just to name a few! With latest stats showing there to be over 38000! There are thousands of souls Joined to a certain religion but it is only a handful that you see who are truly spiritual and understand the true message.

The love for God can only be obtained by his will, for a person has to take it upon themselves to go on this journey of self discovery and for them to feel the true love of God and aid in its development through inspiration whether this is from their Saadh Sangat through spiritually high brothers or sisters, or whether they read into the detailed history of love, compassion and bravery of many of our shaheeds whether muslim or sikh, Guroo's etc. As time progresses so does the love for God.

Each day I am truly thankful that finally after millions of incarnations; Vaaheguroo has provided me with the naam; the keys to all the doors and gates and have been blessed with a path that is so beautiful, that remains so pure, with love, humility and courage entwined within its very foundations.

Although my main eternal praises for this blessing is owed all to Vaaheguroo, he was able to inscribe my own destiny on the foreheads of three close friends of mine also, who acted as the voice of God(who still remain my best friends to this day) to awaken my dormant soul - for it is without them my soul would still be lost and searching wasting this precious human life.

You see dear bro, that these three amrithdhaari sikhs never ever forced their beliefs onto me which is important if a person is to feel the true love of God. For it is by Gods grace and will alone did I stumble upon meeting them and maintain such a close friendship circle – that to this day, they are the three best friends alive and some of the best people I have met Vaaheguroo for in this life especially, I am partially indebted to them.

You say that the Khalsa is to increase in number, which as stated above I beg to differ. If for a moment however, I was to agree with you, then this is to be through Inspiration and Love. For it was these brothers of mine that allowed me to develop my own ideas and individuality with them being present in which to provide further knowledge or guidance or even participate in active debates. For God had already planted the seed for when I took this incarnation, and through them, this seed was watered.

I hope I haven't offended anyone as this wasn't my intention.

Thank you

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Best post so far. Thanks for such a deep response!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world is changing and beautiful people from varied backgrounds are becoming Sikhs. Amongst existing sikhs, the strong survive…and usually excel. This is what I see.

Sikhi is meant to co-exist, it can’t lose. Other faiths at their fundamental core are having to alter and shove in the closet their centuries old beliefs against co-existence…to keep up with modern thought in the last 25 years. They are always at a loss. They will always remain exposed in this regard.

Some food for thought...most sikhs have cut their hair and therefore in essence converted to be punjabi hindus. Most of them still identify strongly as Punjabi and with varied aspects of sikhi. It is something to think about when we believe that we are concerned about conversion.

That our girls are stupid and idiotic. So are our boys.

I'm really angry atm as I just can't stand this type of...

Gora Singh brother, you kinda right, but still... How will anyone know of Sikhi without parchaar? So the answer going to be bit in the middle of our arguments..

Anyways,

TC

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

what does an amritdhari look like? do they have a special sign on them to differentiate from other sikhs? no? so why do you say 'punjabis' hate amritdharis? lets face it, some people like to lord it over others, and see religion as the same as having more money or a bigger car - that by moaning at others they are showing the depth of their faith. i'll stop ranting and get back to the topic.

look around at your family. once upon a time our ancestors converted to sikhism just like the gora sikhs have done now. and we are the result of that. they must have heard of sikhi from someone. if you have a treasure, only a greedy man would refuse to share it with the world. thats what sikhi is - we shouldnt appease other religions or let them say crap about it, we should share it as if the world is one giant langar hall. lies have a habit of becoming the truth if no one speaks against them and enough people believe in them. if people are hungry for sikhi they will be glad we came, if they are full on their own beliefs then we dont feel obliged to force ours on them. our third guru actually did a lot of what could be considered missionary work.

what does an amritdhari look like? do they have a special sign on them to differentiate from other sikhs? no? so why do you say 'punjabis' hate amritdharis? lets face it, some people like to lord it over others, and see religion as the same as having more money or a bigger car - that by moaning at others they are showing the depth of their faith. i'll stop ranting and get back to the topic.

look around at your family. once upon a time our ancestors converted to sikhism just like the gora sikhs have done now. and we are the result of that. they must have heard of sikhi from someone. if you have a treasure, only a greedy man would refuse to share it with the world. thats what sikhi is - we shouldnt appease other religions or let them say crap about it, we should share it as if the world is one giant langar hall. lies have a habit of becoming the truth if no one speaks against them and enough people believe in them. if people are hungry for sikhi they will be glad we came, if they are full on their own beliefs then we dont feel obliged to force ours on them. our third guru actually did a lot of what could be considered missionary work.

I dont really care much for the SGPC or any other organization claiming to represent Sikhism we gotta do it ourselves. Educate yourself and than teach others thats the key to success for Sikhism. It doesnt really take much my friend took his Tamil Christian friend to Gurdwara and he was mesmerized. The dude couldnt stop talking about how wonderful the feeling felt and how different it was from anything hes experienced before. Honestly if people seem lost in life or down start talking about Sikhi. It may change the persons life. Remeber when introducing the message its not about converting but introducing people to the truth. People usually end of converting themselves.

Here is another story of a Sikh girl who converted to Islam.

http://www.asianimage.co.uk/northwest/4178...lost_my_faith_/

This article stated that the girl support islam eventhough her husband family do everything to throw her from family.. what the point you give the link?

She is not supporting Islam, she is stuck in Islam. You don't have to jump boats to reach Lord.

She does not want to give impression now that she converted for marriage. Most of girls like these are not Sikhs, but secular Punjabis, who happen to born into Sikh families. Bigger concern for them is finding suitable match for themselves than religion or God.

On the other hand, Pakistanis raise their kids in strict atmosphere. They can miss a day at school, but Quran reading can't be missed. That is the reason by the time these kids reach University, they become young Muslims with very good knowledge of Islam (not all though, but percentage big enough to influence whole community and win new converts regularly).

Pakistani girls don't have to worry about finding a match (cousins are available). If a girl shows sign of rebelling, she is generally shipped to Pakistan to marry a cousin.

Now how many Punjabi Sikh families you know who send their kids for regular Guru Granth Sahib reading?