Bhai Sahib Nirmal Singh Jee

Bhai Sahib Nirmal Singh Jee, lovingly known as The Colonel, passed away at Amritvelaa UK time today 13 March 2009 having bravely accepted the hukam to terminal cancer. He has left for Akaal Purakh Jee's Charan Kamal. He left this world peacefully with close family and friends surrounding him with Naam, Bani and Pyaar.

Please use this thread to post tributes and to create a source of everlasting inspiration for us all for such an amazing soul.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a tribute I received by email this morning:

As per Akal Purakh's hukum and a Gursikhs daily prayer of:

ਸੰਬਤਿ ਸਾਹਾ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਮਿਲਿ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਵਹੁ ਤੇਲੁ ॥

sambat saahaa likhi-aa mil kar paavhu tayl.

The day of my wedding is pre-ordained. Come, gather together and pour the oil over the threshold.

ਦੇਹੁ ਸਜਣ ਅਸੀਸੜੀਆ ਜਿਉ ਹੋਵੈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿਉ ਮੇਲੁ ॥੩॥

dayh sajan aseesrhee-aa ji-o hovai saahib si-o mayl. ((3))

My friends, give me your blessings, that I may merge with my Lord and Master. ((3))

Gursikhs; not only accept Guroo Sahib's Will but accept it as sweet. The hukamnama from Sri Harmandar Sahib is today wonderful as always, but in the past few weeks; Guroo Sahib has been so very Beant that we have been able to get so much strength in these challenging times.

I'm not a good writer but what I can honestly say is that he was an amazing friend and wonderful brother. He was instrumental in starting up parchaar in colleges and universities in the UK, he served as an inspiration for the activities undertaken by BOSS and the Sikhi Camp. He was an avid collector of shasters, a huge fan of that outdoor survival gear as well as a talented photographer.

Above all he was a Singh that had a determined passion for Sikhi and Sevaa that I can tell you has kept me strong to this day and will continue to keep me strong in my journey too.

He will be so sorely missed by all that have been left behind: his family, his wife Mandeep Kaur, his children: Akaljot Singh, Asess Kaur and Anand Singh as well as his dear friends. He will forever be in our hearts and his passion and love for Sikhee is what will carry us through this difficult time. I can see him right now standing over with his arms crossed looking at us with his intense eyes, his arms folded, slowly unfolding, showing his pointy finger asking "What are you doing for Sikhee?...."

We will miss you soooo soooo soooo much much but we also know that you will also live in our hearts and continue to be a strong source of inspiration for us.

Thank you Guroo Sahib for blessing me with such a soul in my lifetime.

Vaheguroo :(

I cant believe he has "passed away". He was a good, decent guy - he was serious, but he would talk to you with pyaar and could easily make you laugh. And i remember seeing a few beautiful photographs at an exhibition once and asked someone "who took these amazing photos?" and they pointed over to him and said "That Singh there"...

He was one of the early sevadars of BOSS and done a lot with of seva with them. Married with kids, but when Sikh soc used to have an event he would always make the effort to come down and support. He kept himself to himself a lot of the time and had true intentions towards doing some good with the Sikh youth.

I will miss seeing him around at events n that. I am happy though, that he has left this dark age and merged with the Light.

Another email tribute:

Nirmal Singh our Colnel - for us was a great friend - we had the kipra of knowing him at close quarters - he was a true friend / companion - full of joy / laugh / inspiration - it is Sikhi / Seva that gave us the opportunity to meet - otherwise I may not have been touched by his aura - there are little words that can truly describe Nirmal Singh - Guru Sahib charana wich niwas bakhshan.

I just think back and am glad I was able to see him last weekend - he was as good as ever with the one liners and putting the world to rights! - he will be missed.

A real character! Funny, to the point and selfless. A rare Gursikh.

Please do at least one extra Chaupaaee Saahib for Bhai Saahib and his family to help them through this difficult time. May we all be blessed with the ability to accept what the Gracious and Wonderous Akaal Purakh bestows upon us.

So Sikh Sakhaa Bandhap Hai Bhaaee Jae Gur Kae Bhaanae Vich Aavai...

post-20647-1236941402_thumb.jpg

post-20647-1236941608_thumb.jpg

He has also done seva with Khalsa Camp

Bhai Sahibs brother is also Bhai Hari Singh the Kung Fu Master.

Bhai Sahib is also very close to Baba Nihal Singh Hariavela

ਮੁਕਤਿ ਭੁਗਤਿ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਤੇਰੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਤੂੰ ਆਪਿ ਕਰਾਇਹਿ ॥

mukath bhugath jugath thaeree saevaa jis thoon aap kuraaeihi

Liberation, comfort and proper lifestyle come from serving You; You alone cause us to serve You.