Taksal!

Guest _Learner_

the jyot in insects is the same as in any living being. gurbani testifies to this. calling their lives insignificant is an insult to waheguru. Waheguru has given them a purpose and place.

Have you seen flies in the last moments of their life? thrashing about until their movements get slower and slower, until they give one final shake and die?

Have you ever seen a worm that has been cut in half? how it wriggles over and over, squirming in agony? i dont know how you can say that they feel no pain.

as for "their time is minimal", snakes live for decades, these get killed in the ploughing of the land.

It seems to me that you wish to say that as long as we eat and drink and fill our stomachs, who cares what happens to thousands and thousands of poor defenceless innocent beings that Waheguru has created.

the simple biological fact is that flies insects have no nervous system thus they feel no pain when they die. DOnt twist my words around. I specifically said their life as an insect has no significance compared to a human existence. Gurbani states that human life is the highest existence.

By the way what is your point anyway. Do you have any solutions to not eat?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the simple biological fact is that flies insects have no nervous system thus they feel no pain when they die. DOnt twist my words around. I specifically said their life as an insect has no significance compared to a human existence. Gurbani states that human life is the highest existence.

insects are still alive, whether they feel pain or not. Waheguru has given them a purpose in life. Waheguru has set their nature.

Are you saying that any being without a nervous system has no value to Waheguru or Sikhs?

If you are happy with the deaths of thousands of poor defenceless innocent creatures just so you can eat roti to fill your own stomach, that frankly to me seems to be very selfish.

Daya? ever heard of it?

once i was doing sangat of baba joginder singh ji and another singh former member of this site asked about bibek to baba ji ... they said yes bibek in food is important bibek means chetna but the first bibek should be of eyes stop looking at other women ... then only other bibeks will work ... just eating in sarbloh batte is no way near bibek ...

insects are still alive, whether they feel pain or not. Waheguru has given them a purpose in life. Waheguru has set their nature.

Are you saying that any being without a nervous system has no value to Waheguru or Sikhs?

If you are happy with the deaths of thousands of poor defenceless innocent creatures just so you can eat roti to fill your own stomach, that frankly to me seems to be very selfish.

Daya? ever heard of it?

I do believe in DAYA because daya is a prime principle SIkhi. Im a strict vegetarian and I never eat food that may contain animals.

I mentioned insects not feeling pain because it seemed like you were comparing their death to the death of animals who get slaughtered due to the taste of peoples tongue.

I never once said not having a nervous system means one has no value to Waheguru or Sikhs. Show me where I have said that. I have said over and over Human existence is the highest.

Stop going around and around in circles. What is your solution to not eating? If you dont have solution then this is my last response to you. THis thread is about Bibek not about insects.

once i was doing sangat of baba joginder singh ji and another singh former member of this site asked about bibek to baba ji ... they said yes bibek in food is important bibek means chetna but the first bibek should be of eyes stop looking at other women ... then only other bibeks will work ... just eating in sarbloh batte is no way near bibek ...

Yes you are right Bibek does not just pertain to food. Bibek ( Bib- other - Ek- one) means chosing the best possible decision out of numerous options thus our Budh does not get polluted by ILL choices. This decision is always weighed in the light of Gurmat.

What we put in our bodies is of great importance. SOme people believe eating langar that doesnt follow GUrmat Maryada means following Bibek but this is not true.

By the way who is Bhai Joginder SIngh Ji?

I am sorry but I disagree. I can't remember the name, but I heard this sakhi in one of the English kathas of Sachkhand vaasi Bhai Sahib Bhai Parminder Singh ji from Canada. A Gursikh of Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj used to do seva and ended up with a wound on his head where maggots started to settle. He wouldn't kill them just because they also have aatma. So I am not sure how you could say that their life is not significant. No offense but who gave us humans the right to decide which life form besides us deserves to live? Personally I try not to kill any insect and prefer to pick it up and throw it away. At times I admit being a "murderer" LOL. But my point is that yes Gurbani says that human life is the most hard one to get, however Gurbani also says repeatedly that Vaheguru is in every creature.

And about Bibek, I admit my drawback that I can't keep much (or any) Bibek myself but I look upto Singhs/Singhnees who can, and hope to be blessed and be able to keep it a lot more and better some day in future.

I do believe in DAYA because daya is a prime principle SIkhi. Im a strict vegetarian and I never eat food that may contain animals.

I mentioned insects not feeling pain because it seemed like you were comparing their death to the death of animals who get slaughtered due to the taste of peoples tongue.

I never once said not having a nervous system means one has no value to Waheguru or Sikhs. Show me where I have said that. I have said over and over Human existence is the highest.

Stop going around and around in circles. What is your solution to not eating? If you dont have solution then this is my last response to you. THis thread is about Bibek not about insects.

im sorry but you pretend you dont. this is exactly what im gettin at. you're talking about bibek and you dont even know whether you eat other animals. You cannot even claim to be a vegetarian, and even if you do, its a very lousy way to state " thousands of Waheguru's innocent creatures die so so i can eat some roti (which also had life in it) and dal/sabji (which also had life in it) just for the taste of my tongue, and proudly say im a vegetarian.

I am sorry but I disagree. I can't remember the name, but I heard this sakhi in one of the English kathas of Sachkhand vaasi Bhai Sahib Bhai Parminder Singh ji from Canada. A Gursikh of Sahib Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj used to do seva and ended up with a wound on his head where maggots started to settle. He wouldn't kill them just because they also have aatma. So I am not sure how you could say that their life is not significant. No offense but who gave us humans the right to decide which life form besides us deserves to live? Personally I try not to kill any insect and prefer to pick it up and throw it away. At times I admit being a "murderer" LOL. But my point is that yes Gurbani says that human life is the most hard one to get, however Gurbani also says repeatedly that Vaheguru is in every creature.

And about Bibek, I admit my drawback that I can't keep much (or any) Bibek myself but I look upto Singhs/Singhnees who can, and hope to be blessed and be able to keep it a lot more and better some day in future.

Im not saying that insects are so insignificant that they should be intentionally killed. As Gursikhs we should never kill, am saying there existence as insects is much lower then a human existence . Gurbani says that for many life times we were fish, insects, etc now we have been blessed with the human body through good fortune. This is what Im referring too. I never go out of my way to kill any insects if there I see a spider in my room I always take it outside with a peice of paper, but when Im walking on the grass obviously there are going to be some insects that do get killed and thats something I cannot control. I never once said God doesnt exist in the all insects. Im saying the bodily existence of these lower forms are no where near the life of humans. When I see a dog I dont think to myself this is a dog who is useless and should be killed, but I do think that this dog in unfortuate of not having a human life, and in many times such animals get that joon due to their deeds as a human. Many adulturers becomes dogs because of their Kaam. It doesnt mean that God no longer exists it just means that their existence is not as satisying or spiritually blissful compared to a human.

Guest guest

Actualy, bebik is not an akj thing - they just do everything bhai randhir singh ji did. Sarbloh bebik orignated from the Nihangs who used to eat out of sarbloh during wars times because it was the most pratical means of doing so, as their weapons were made from sarbloh too. Taksal is also part of Nihang Dal created by Guru Ji so please stop ignoring their signifiance sukhdeep singh ji.

Their are different types of bebik and effect people differently, for the majority, bebik does not realy effect their jeevan in any way other then losing weight.

These days, the akj youth mainly follow the bebik that bhai randhir singh ji followed and think this must be the right way for everyone. Because of this bebik mentality - a bramenistic field is creating in sikhi. We have youth not eating the same langer as everyone else, and some of them even take it to the extreme of not even having Parsaad from Mahraaj! Vaheguruuooooooooooo!! Do you realise how much Bani, Maryada there is involved in making kara parsaad? Probly ALOT lot more then any other kind of food made by a amrithari person.

At the end of the day, you killing all sorts in any type of food we eat, but the idea is to be PRACTICAL, thats what Sikhs should be, it is not to stop eatng roti because of how it is made, and it is also braministic to say oo im not eating food from you cause your not amrithaeria therfore the food becames, "impure" hahaha how pathetic our mentality has became.

Please, lets all grow up and stop forcing people into keeping a certain type of rehat just because we do, if it was suposed to be part of Rehat the Guru Ji would have made it a must, but that fact remains it is NOT a must, and many blessed have became one with Vaheguru ji, i.e. Brehmgiaan without food bebik and continue to do so.