What Has Happened To Us...

he is..but paramjit singh sarna has done a lot for the community ..i have even posted a video..u can check on my profile..

waheguru ji ...

i cant say that he did right or wrong .... but if sumone will say something against ur religion or which is against faith in front of u ? ..wat would u do then ??

veerji all the minister said was that it is upto the court if it accepts the cbi report or not. and if it rejects the report then they would rethink abt giving tickets to them

Fateh Bindra Sahib,

I disagree with you. First of all everyone including the journalist threw shoe has apologised and he admitted that he did something wrong. But sometimes extra ordinary circumstances demand symbolic actions and this was symbolic. Just looking at the action and not anything else beyond it is not correct. the same thing was emphasised by a sikh woman intellectual on an indian tv channel yesterday. Everyone accepts what he did was not right way. But why it lead to that. Look at the incident in light of following facts -

1. Chidambaram was repersenting Congress govt in that conference.He did not answer adequately to the question and tried to hush up the question. If you watched indian tv channels yesterday, Mark Tully, an english jounalist also mentioned same thing.

2. Journalist was a reporter and reporter should be impartial but hey are also human beings. He did not throw the shoe in an aggresive manner. Look at the video, he tossed it lightly to make a news and to protest.

3. The shoe wasnt directed at Chidambaram as an individual. It was for authorities whom he represented.

4. It might have been pre planned, and very rightly so, look at the impact, both jagdish tytler and sajjan kumar are out of race in elections now. basically the shoe was directed at both of them and it hit them as intended.

5. The journalist put his career and reputation at stake for a cause. I think its commendable . The way he has handled it, he made a huge impact and at the same time apologised rightly.

6. you say its shame on sikh journalists, but when people sitting in top seats in india didnt care about any sikh sentiments and about sentiments of victims of these two guys, such small indecency is justified for the right cause.

7. i am assuming you know the full background of 84 and these two guys so dont want to repeat it.

8. its very easy to be intellectual, sit at hoomes, have opinions, write on internet and do nothing , but i salute to this journalist who had the guts to do this impactfull thing.

9. it migt cause sikhs slight embarrasment but the bigger purpose it served outshines it.

10. politicians in India will always use such things, but i think with this incident a common sikh whose sentiments have been deeply hurt has made an impact. just withdrwaing these two buthers is not justice for sikhs. but its better than seeingthese two guys contest elections.