Questions For Sant Jagjit Singh Ji Harkhowal?

SunSingh

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Sikhi questions but please ask them if they will be doing Katha in London (UK) on their way back to India from Canada. I think most of their time was spent in the Midlands, but London Sangat missed out, and they (we) need the most help, lol.

1. What are his views regarding chatka?Does he think that this is wrong under any circumstances or is it acceptable in war time?

2. What are his views regarding sukhnidaan?

3. Is Ugardanti dasam bani, and if so what is the role of Chandi in Sikhi? In other words, who or what is Chandi and how is the idea of Chandi different in Sikhi from regular Devi worship in Hinduism?

4. Whatare the differences between Sikhi and Advaita Vedanta?

5. Is it permissible to commit a kurehit if it is done to kill a dusht of the panth?

6. What happens to Singhs who have attained Shaheedi for the panth but may not have achieved Brahmgyan/Nirvikalp Samadhi before this happens?

I had some questions for him when he was in the UK but didn't get to ask them after his katha at Smethwick Road Gurdwara.

- K.

1. To explain in detail about the 5 Khands in Jap Ji Sahib.

2. To explain the Bhai Gurdas Ji's vaar which talks about "Gurmukh Patanjali the (supposed) incarnation of the Sesnaga". Why is Patanjaliis called a gurmukh.

Vaar is on http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...=1&pauri=14.

3. What role does yoga play is Gurmat and comcept of Raj jog which has been used in bani.

Baba ji will be doing katha in Toronto today to Sunday at 7 pm at Malton gurdwara. Maybe katha on monday as well. He will leave for Vancouver on the 14th. I'll post his UK schedule if someone lets me knwo.

some questions somebody pm'd me:

"I have a few questions from some of my 'moneh' friends

What is purpose of reading bani without understanding it? Can you use english translation if you are not fluent in panjabi.

Should Sikh begin push to promote the inner virtues and morals of a sikh rather than always concerning themshelves with the outer appearance?

Views on amritdharis marrying non amritdharis? ( should one take amrit just to get married to partner or sake of everyone else or when they themshelves feel ready to take it)

How to concentrate on listening or reading Gurbani?

Thank you!

I might have some more"

If you plan on recording their answers, perhaps it would be a good idea to print out the questions so Babaji can think about them for a day or two.

That way we can get even more detailed and enriched answers.

I have some of my own questions:

1. What is in Babaji’s view the best structure for managing our Gurdwaras. Looking at how other faiths manage their shrines so well (comparatively), what aspects should we change/introduce?

2. Should we give our Granthi Singh(s) more power than the pardhans? Would this help us reform our current system?

3. How can we reach out to youth who come from less observant families, who are less attached to Sikhi, both in India and abroad?

4. Seems like Sikhs today just don’t have the warrior spirit we were once famous for. Sikhs are getting bullied, beaten-up, ridiculed more and more. How can we become like our Khalsa forefathers, possessing their courage, bir-rass, bhagati?

5. How can we tackle the UK Muslim problem (babaji already knows of this issue), in terms of harassment, girls being targeted?

As you can see mostly ‘miri’ related questions at the moment.

Some more questions that were asked:

"Could Sant ji discuss fate and destiny within sikhi . What is your definition of fate / destiny?

What is the role of God/Guru? Do they physically do anything?

Why are their so many conflicting religions?

Why are we given the ability to do things called sinful? & Why, then, are we punished for doing exactly what God has created and given the ability for us to do? ( This i guess relates to jamdhoot and their existance) maybe Sant Ji can give us insight on the role of jamdhoots in sikhi and whether they actually exist.

Should fear be a basis to spread religion? e.g if you dont do this your going to "hell""