Tyar Bar Tyar 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, lol this is annoying me now, you don't get what im trying to say.

Im not saying wait for a miracle. Im saying to get good karma. Lets say, you have been brought up in a nice family, you had a good education, and you had all the oppurtunies to learn and develop yourself. And the fact that you had the chance, to do something and you did it, and it was good. Even though it may seem like you made the decision, or you found the "oppurtunity" It was infact God's doing, because of your good karma.

The world is a stage, it is all drama. Thats just the drama God played for you. We have no free will like that. The only free will we have is to choose to get good karma or bad karma.

Now lets say if you have had a lot of bad karma, your life sucks, you haven't got much money, or good education. You may think to yourself "why didn't i revise for my exams" Truth is it was not under your power. You have no free will for this. It was your destiny from karma.

Im saying to love back the one who created our very existance. Then he will give you good karma as a reward. Then all the "Good" drama will play out. E.g. you end up completing all your work. You end up taking up martial arts lessons.

But if you say chose to work, on improving yourself, but you didn't choose to love God as well as. Well this in the end will get you into more trouble because of bad karma. Infact that would be drama as well. So im saying meditate on God, get the good karma. Then he will make your lifes storyline more interesting. The whole world is just drama. Im saying don't chase it, because it is maya. But if you want good skills in maya. Don't look into maya for it, look into God. And he will give you good skills in maya aswell. And im not saying by magic, by making shasters fall from the sky. But he will play the necessary drama to do this. E.g. you could end up feeling like you want to train mma. You could feel like you gonna need to be pro active, ready for whatever is going to come our way. But this all comes from karma, which comes from God.

Although ultimately, we don;t want to have any karma. Because that would be the state of perfection. AT one with God.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If other Singhs think like you we are truly in the shite!

are you saying are lives are not based on karma? Thats all im trying to say. I just want us to get good karma. Things happen by themselves when you have it. The world is just drama man, don't you get it, you beleive it to be real? Our bodies are just a vehicle. Only Guru is real on this world. So if you would rather focus anything else, then you are attached to maya. And im not claiming im not either. I am aswell. attached to maya that is.

If you think you have control over the maya your in, this world illusion, you are even more puffed up in ego. maya is not real man.

God i sound like an obnoxious twat. Everything i said before, don't listen to a word of it. I shouldn't try to speak for God. Karma is real, but i am not the one to enforce it. So whatever believe whatver you want, we will all get there in tthe end.

Harjeet Singh,

The example of the Gurus shows us that bhagti and shakti need to be cultivated simultaneously.

It has been the same message from Guru Nanak's rejection of the renunciate's life and his concepts of service, free kitchen, and living the householder's life to Dasmesh Pita's creation of the Khalsa Panth to destroy oppressive Mughal rule in the Punjab.

Do you understand the concept of Miri Piri? Sikhs are supposed to be Shastardhari Sant Siphai not Bahmans trying to solve life's problems by sitting in a cave for 41 days and japping mantras 108,000 times with one's limbs tied up like a yogic pretzel.

What do you think Dasmesh Pita was trying to teach his Sikhs when he administered Khande de Pahul, taught them the use of arms, and gave each Singh the spiritual authority, courage and will to wage a war of righteousness against a superior and oppressive force in order to obtain freedom and the right to self-rule and self-determination?

If He had wanted us to wait for Divine Intervention or metaphysical revenge through karmic retribution, He could have clicked His fingers and destroyed Mughal sovereignty in instant. Do you doubt that Dasmesh Pita could have done this?

Instead, He wanted us to be free of such superstitions and the scorn the empty promises of Brahmin priests who thought they could compel the Devis and Devatas through their rituals and to rely on gifts that are accessible to every human being to achieve this almost impossible feat, gifts like faith, bravery, ingenuity, physical strenth and resilience, skill in arms (gained through hard work and continuous practice) and the mastery of techniques of modern (for that time) warfare.

Do you understand?

i got diz via email so start attending be fit n stop posting

OLDBURY GURUDWARA GYM & Martial Arts

Opening Times

Always The Same Time 7pm-9pm

TUESDAY– Gym (Weights)

THURSDAY – Gym (Weights) + Kickboxing

FRIDAY – Gym (Weights) + Jujitsu

SUNDAY – Gym (Weights) + Kickboxing (Advance)

Olympic Weights & Machines, Punch Bags, Full Size Ring, Gloves, Experienced Martial Art Teachers

All Free Boyz Only Sessions at The Moment

@ Gurdwara Amrit Parchar Dharmik Diwan

65, Birmingham Rd, Oldbury, West Midlands B69 4EH

VJKK VJKF

Dear all,

I agree with the points made on this topic, yes we do need a jatha of well trained guys who can come together if we need them. How we start such a group, i do not know. I have talked to my local gurdwara about this but got a very negative response. If we can't come together as a group, then train in arts that will help - muay thai, boxing, mma, etc.

If anyone has any ideas then PM me.

VJKK VJKF

I've been following this thread for the past few weeks and I thought, as a martial artist, I could share my thoughts with the sangat.

Without discussing the current political situation and the lack of leadership, unity and organization in the sikh political institutions, I wanted to mention a social phenomena in our community that has in part contributed to our weaknesses.

And that, the Sikh Warrior traditions and the 'warrior culture' is extinct. I'm speaking in the general collective spirit. Of course there are individuals who are warriors and live as such, however, from what I can say.. given the current state of affairs, the Khalsa Panth, as a physical/political or fighting force is incapacitated, disintegrated and cannot protect anyone.

What I can suggest, is to innoculate a culture of martial arts within yourself, within your family and pass this on to your children. So at least on some level, some minority of the panth can carry forward a martial lineage, that may one day spread.

Some thoughts/suggestions

- Start training in a martial art. Whatever you like. I recommend NOT doing gatka at ur local gurdwara because its not aggressive enough. Learn pain, lose weight and learn to tie ur hair in a braid. Do full contact sparring as much as you can. At least 3 times a week. Learn to bleed. Take up mma, anything full contact.

- Get a firearms license. Procure rifles and shotguns, learn to shoot, learn to clean and maintain as many different kinds of firearms possible. obey the law.

- Get out on the land and learn to hunt. Learn to live off the land and learning how to hunt will teach you (a lot about ) sniper and guerilla warfare strategies/tactics. Sikhs are generally vegetarians, so I would suggest learning this from someone else.

- Learn Gurmukhi and follow sikhi to the best of your ability. Don't have any guilt. Don't waste time on arguments that are not getting you anywhere. Just pick up your balls and do what you got to do.

That is what I do. And I am very comfortable.

wjkk wjkf

Fateh Jio!

What I feel a lot of Sikhs do not understand is that, at one time, the great Shaheeds and Sant-Sipahi of the Khalsa Panth were just like you and me. The only thing that differentiates us from them is their sharda, their naam abhyaas, their bhagti and their dedication to shastar vidiya.

So many present day Sikhs hero-worship great warriors like Baba Deep Singh, Banda Singh Bahadur, Akali Phoola Singh, Hari Singh Nalwa and others but why not aspire to be like them instead? What use is recounting their deeds and feeling proud that they are your ancestors if their example does not inspire you to get up and do something?

Baba Deep Singh used to do 101 Jap Ji Sahibs daily and still take time out to exercise, perfect his swordsmanship and horse-riding skills, and to fulfill his regular duties. How will his example inspire you? Will you increase the number of Jap Ji Sahibs you recite each day, perhaps just starting small with an extra ten for 40 days or a short period of time? Will you take up a heavy khanda and do 500 cuts in the 8 directions with each hand until the khanda feels like a light twig in your hands and your cuts are both accurate and quick? Will you take some time out from your busy schedule every day to remember Baba Deep Singh and actually ACT on his example?

Yes, you may never have the shakti to be decapitated and continue fighting regardless, but surely doing something is better than doing nothing - right?

Regards,

K.

yes Kalyug Singh is right sikh have to be both sant and sipahi.Main problem is mindset I come from a warrior background my desdendants have fought wars with both Ahmedshah abdali, nadirshah,and parcipated in anglo-sikh war but now milatant chacter is gone in most of our relatives this is not only personal example but the truth how even persons from warrior family have shed their fighting charcter. This had happened during 1984 like those days today the sikh is more interested in expensive homes,cars and comfrots but invests nothing on weapons like guns shooting practice even modern sikh is shy of buying 6 inch kirpan.On the other hand bhiyas from up,bihar live in huts but even their small girls know the handling of shotguns and rifles.I have seen in Punjab bhiyas getting better of sikhs in street fights and bhiyyas wearing dirty clothes with arms license buys most expensive weapons from Punjab their favourite weapons r big bore guns and imported handguns which costs 2to 4 lacs in india.I met a Nihang who said he has not fired from his gun for 4 years. Sikhs have to learn modern milatary doctrine apart from learning Shaster Vidya and should learn Karete in real figting form not as sport besides learning about hit and run tactics.RSS r doing this Guru Gobind Singh had said my Khalsa will love weapons of war as khalsa is milatary brotherhood. I am personaly very mild in temperament but I know during emergency I can defend myself as my litle experience and training in karete has made me bear pain and strike back.