Beadbi Wolverhampton Gurdwara

Wolves_Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I was so shocked and ashamed yesterday to hear what my younger brother and sister who go to this Panjabi School at GURU NANAK SIKH GURDWARA, SEDGLEY STREET, WOLVERHAMPTON had to say. They attend Panjabi school every Sunday. On the Sunday of 12th April 2009 an assembly was held in front of all the children of the Panjabi School. The principal of this college Mr N S Dhillon told them that: -

"IT IS OK FOR AN AMRIT DHARI SIKH TO EAT MEAT AS LONG AS IT IS NOT HALAL"

If the PRINCIPAL of a Sikh institution like KHALSA COLLEGE at a Gurdwara has warped views on Sikhi then who can we rely on to give out the right message to our young children.

I would like to ask the Sangat one question, if a younger member of the community comes up to you and says to you that their teacher has told them that they can eat meat without affecting their religious commitment or affiliation so what are we supposed to tell these innocent children ranging from ages 5 to 18 years of age. How can we allow people like this to be in charge of our children and teach them Sikhi values and the path of Sikhi?

I would urge my brothers and sisters to contact the Gurdwara committee and demand the resignation of this man MR N S DHILLON whom is known as a known conspirer of Indian Workers Association (IWA) an atheist [pro-Indian government anti –Sikh political grouping rooted with the Arya Samaj and RSS.

DON'T LET THESE PANTHIK GUDDARS IN THE GUISE OF "GURSIKHS" (NON-PRACTISING) MANIPULATE AND DISTORT THE MINDS OF OUR NEW GENERTAIONS.

Please contact

Mr Gurdip Singh (President) or

Mr Narinder Singh (General Secretary) or

Mr Hardish Singh (Vice President)

GURU NANAK SIKH GURDWARA

SEDGLEY STRET

WOLVERHAMPTON

WV2 3JA

01902 459413

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

even m confused in this ....i also heard this from many of Gursikhs...but i cant believe it ! ...

c dis hukamnama by Sri Guru hargobind Sahib ji

33op3sp.jpg

although m pure veg.....but after this video..i was totally confused whether it is against our religion or not...

What does your heart tell you? Is it saying to kill a helpless, innocent goat, without remorse, with no mercy, and for no reason at all.

Tell me does Guru ji want our head? or does he want a goats head? Do we sacrifice ourselves? or do we sacrifice another? The Guru's always sacrificed themselves. The greatest Sikhs were always ready to lay down their lives, but they never sacrificed another creature, to save themselves. They gave every creature the respect they deserve. God abides in all things, dead or alive, pay homage to everything, see God everywhere. And thank him for every breath of life.

:@ so what u gona do in war, talk with the dushth, give them a hug???

dont bring other things into this topic... ur issue is with the people at that Gurdwara so take it up with them on THAT issue and dont mix it with other things i.e. killing a helpless goat bla bla!

I dont advocate eating meat and dont eat meat myself. But please read the the SGPC Rehit Maryada and it clearly states that Halal meat is not allowed. So the Principal of the School is following the Maryada that is endorsed by the Akal Takht.

The Pricipal of the school is responsible for the running and management of the school, he is not a granthi.

I cant see how this can be such a big crime. After all its not one of the bujjar kurehit's

Why is it such a big beadbi issue, I'm sure there are many other practices that take place in and around the gurdwara, such as people dishonouring their hair (dyeing, trimmming etc.) which is a bujjar kurehit, why isnt that seen as a bigger beadbi.

I dont have any links to the school but cant believe people get so worked up about such small matters.

Hopw many times have you been to a family function where meat is served, do you disown your family/friends and shout about them that they have done a big beadbi.

:@ so what u gona do in war, talk with the dushth, give them a hug???

dont bring other things into this topic... ur issue is with the people at that Gurdwara so take it up with them on THAT issue and dont mix it with other things i.e. killing a helpless goat bla bla!

Obviously war time is different. Because that is when people become guilty, and NOT innocent, then it is right to defend. I was talking about the killing of innocent living things. Guru Gobind Singh said "When all other means have failed, it is righteous to draw the sword."

The people that eat meat are eating innocent animals that are slaughtered. So this is different. But im not saying you can't kill people who are doing harm to Sikhs, but as Guru ji says only "When all other means have failed."

Im not trying to be a Jain, just saying don't get confused with eating meat, its wrong. Why? Because you are taking innocent life away. If anyone argues with that, then you are just becoming greedy, if meat tasted like poo, you wouldn't eat it. People just eat it for the taste, that is greedy.

Also if you are thinking, why not eat meat, that has innocently been kiled or animals that died of old age/natural causes. Well you see, when they are alive god is in them, and in the same way god is in your brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, when they pass away, you are not just going to eat their dead bodies are you? In the same way so respect, even to their corpse, because the animals are like our cousins. You know they say chimpanzee's is mans closest relative, and how a dog is a mans best friend. So in the same way you would NOT eat your siblings, well if you think of animals as siblings too, you wouldn't eat them. Whatsmore the disadvantages of eating meat are so abundant. Don't beleive me, then research it on the net, you will see for yourself.

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa. Vaheguru ji ki Fateh.

Dear "Wolves_Singh",

Please can you tell us what the outcome of your conversation with the commitee and the headmaster of this college was? I assume before you came onto the forum, you spoke with the individual and commitee?

I personally know Mr Dhillon and he's done a lot for that Sikh School and the children there. Its not an easy task.

As for the allegation surrounding meat, i will talk to him tomorrow and comment further on that.

As for the allegation with him having links to RSS... all i can do is laugh at that! Nowadays even great panthic sites such as Raj Karega Khalsa.net and this forum are linked with the RSS etc. Please dont play that card. If you have an issue with the way the school is being run, take it up with the commitee and local Singhs and organisations such as AKAAL who are active there. Anyone who knows what Wolves is like, knows that the sangat here dont take this kind of crap.

This matter should have been discussed with the individual concerned. As far as I see, he is simply endorsing what is said in the Rahit Maryada issued from the Akal Takht.

Personally the whole debate is a sordid affair and everyone has their own opinion. Why was it brought up on this forum? The Admin are wise to this issue and have banned 'meat' debates. Fools argue over such things - its a personal choice and not something that the Panth should divide itself over.

ADMIN:

MEAT TOPIC ALERT (WHICHEVER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT) - PLEASE SHUT IT DOWN.