Beadbi Wolverhampton Gurdwara

Wolves_Singh

Mr N S Dhillon hasn't done anything illegal or contrary to the stance taken by the Akal Takhat.

No Amritdhari Sikh in the history of Sikhism has ever been excommunicated by the Akal Takhat on the issue of promoting the eating of jhatka meat.

Why?

Because the Akal Takhat does not deam it to be wrong.

In fact a Hukamnama issued by Akal Takht Jathedar Sandhu Singh Bhaura dated February 15th 1980 that Amritdhari Sikhs can eat meat as long as it is jhatka meat and that eating meat does not go against the code of conduct, Kurehit, of the Sikhs. Thus a Sikh cannot be excommunicated for eating meat.

singhsab.jpg

Akal Takht Jathedar Sandhu Singh Bhaura

If you have an issue with this, then I'd suggest you take it up with the Akal Takhat and not Mr N S Dhillon.

http://www.sikhs.org/meat.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh_vegetarianism

Having spoken to certain people about this issue, it appears that they may be right about this mr Dhillon. It was great to hear that some of the youths actually stood up and stopped the assembly. Mr Dhillon has also commented on the past in assemblies that Baba Deep Singh never actually had his head cut off in battle and that he didnt fight with his head in his hand. So yeah, the commitee there should do something about this now. He was requested in the past to stop doing assemblies and concentrate on the admin side of things with the school, which he is really good at - that has to be mentioned. But I am sure there are others out there who would do that role just as good if not better.

On a side note, whoever sent me the threatening e-mail should be ashamed of themselves. You want to get your point accross, thats fine but trying to threaten and scare people off is not on.

during war or if one if has to prepare for war he has to eat anythingh in jungle warfare course trainees r taught to eat even snakes . In medival period there was a category of sikhs called jhatkaiyas whose job is to slaguter the goat with one stroke. It is socalled sant babas under bramanism influense who has caused this controversy KHALSA PANTH is army it is no sin to take jhatka meat,

We when we took amrit the Panj Pyare gave us a rehat one of the rehat that they we were told was we do not consume any meat, egg or fish. When your given rehat by the Panj Payre it is Hukum, it is this what you need to live in, whether or not rules change in the world your rehat will be the same forever.

Jatka, Halaa, Cosher.....you just need to look at some of the videos of on youtube to find that none of the Animals are killed correctly.

As always the choice is yours.....that is a gift from Waheguru....Choice!

These are the cracks in our religion that are beginning to become more evident. If this same question was asked thirty years ago this person would have been met with a hail of no's. But now its is somehow either acceptible, or a matter of choice. My only fear is that thirty years later people will have replaced the word meat with the word alcohol, and they too will not be shouted down. This is a slippery slope from which it is hard to return. We must not allow meat, it dosent matter what these organisations say, look to your Guru. I believe that these organisations have taken it upon themselves to determine the rules of Sikhi and are increasingly turning away from their Guru.