Hairy Dogs

Guest Jas Singh

i have a half breed husky, his breed cant take the heat of the summer with all of his fur...I dont know ur views but I think im doing him a favour of taking him to the vet...

And regarding keeping our hair, dont we keep it for the number 1 reason of it bieng a hukam of our guru. Not because God made us this way, even though that can be argued rightfully so.

When we think of why we keep our hair, we should remember the command of our guru, not the reasons why.

Right?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Right? Wrong.

Our Gurus never told us to so something cause I told you so. EVERY SINGLE sakhi that we have of our gurus has one thing in common. Our Guru does something, someone asks "Guru Sahib, why did you do that?" Gurujee gives the LOGIC behind what he has done, and THEN people follow that philosophy.

Never do something because someone told you to. That, my friend, is ritual.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i have a half breed husky, his breed cant take the heat of the summer with all of his fur...I dont know ur views but I think im doing him a favour of taking him to the vet...

And regarding keeping our hair, dont we keep it for the number 1 reason of it bieng a hukam of our guru. Not because God made us this way, even though that can be argued rightfully so.

When we think of why we keep our hair, we should remember the command of our guru, not the reasons why.

Right?

I think you are doing a favor to your dog as well, who would want to see him suffer?

If someone had an problem would they sit there and suffer or go to doctor and get medicine? I beleive we can goto doctors but its only God's kirpa that can heal us from any ailments, medcine is just an excuse.

Guest Jas Singh
Right? Wrong.

Our Gurus never told us to so something cause I told you so. EVERY SINGLE sakhi that we have of our gurus has one thing in common. Our Guru does something, someone asks "Guru Sahib, why did you do that?" Gurujee gives the LOGIC behind what he has done, and THEN people follow that philosophy.

Never do something because someone told you to. That, my friend, is ritual.

The point i was trying to make was we should have 100% faith in our guru, did the punj payareh ASK guru ji why he wanted their heads?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Khalistani jee, I disagree with you.

A dog most certainly can do bhagti. Was it Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee who shot and killed a rabbit with an arrow to free its soul to join Waheguru?

If the hairs on a human being can make us a superior human, then what right do we have to make our dog inferior?

In my humble opinion, any creature with a nervous system has the ability to make choices in their life. Those choices may be more limited in a dog or a cow, but they are there. It is these choices that give karma to a soul... regardless of what species you inhabit. There is no doubt that the largest amount does come from our human form... but take a look at any animal carefully... they have a soul too... they may either be gentle or vicious. And they are part of Waheguru's kingdom.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Bha-ee Parapaat Maanukh Dayhuree-aa

Gobind Milan Kee Ih Tayree Baree-aa

This human body has been given to you.

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the universe.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

veer je, no other form can do bhagti

just because guru je shot it with an arrow, doesnt mean the animal did bhagti

guru je takes pity on our souls, and frees us trapped ones

guru je wanted to free that atma, because, thats wat guru je wanted to do

thats one of the main reasons guru je used to hunt animals

to free their souls

that doesnt mean the animal did bhagti

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

In reply to the obvious sarcasm above:

Khalistani: Gurbani no doubt does say that it the human form does bhagti, and that that is (most often) the form that can be accepted by God. But no where (to my knowledge) does it EXCLUDE any other form from having SOME effect.

And it is obvious that you do not understand WHAT is important about this human form that makes it the final stage. Is it the skin color? NO. Is it the ability to walk on two legs? NO. Is it the ability to talk? NO (other animals can commmunicate too).

So what makes us sooo special? Answer: our BRAINS.

This is the feature of a human that is superior to other creatures. BUT, that said, this feature is STILL PRESENT in other creatures, and so although it may be a large paap for us to cut our hair, it is still a little paap for us to cut their hair too.

And finally, who are you to judge if the creature is able to do bhagti? Our Guru Granth sahib speaks many times on OUR ability, but it doesn't talk about our dogs, cats, sheep, lizards or what-have-you. We are all part of Waheguru's creation, and if cutting our hair is wrong, Waheguru doesn't make exceptions cause you decide to cut the hair of something smaller and stupider than you.

And to MKhalsa jee: We are omnivores, we have the choice to eat meat or not. Dogs are carnivores... that is the way Waheguru made them. So who are we to change their NATURAL behaviour?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!