Who Were Some Great Sikh Freedom Fighters

virk30

Out of 2,175 Martyrs 1,557, (75 percent), were Sikhs, out of 2,646 Indians sent to Andamans for life imprisonment 2,147,(80 percent), were Sikhs, out of 127 Indians who were hanged 92, (80 percent), were Sikhs, out of 20,000 who joined the INA under Bose 12000, (60 percent), were Sikhs, 500 Babbar Akali Lehar martyrs were all Sikhs.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

ive seen those numbers before but many believe those numbers are urban myth and have asked ppl sources to those stats, like only 127 indians were hung it was alot more then that http://groups.msn.com/hindu-history/rawarchives.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=281&LastModified=4675504084199221967

what i would like are some names theirs bhagat udham kartar singh, but those are the only 3 i know, could anyone give me any other names who fought against british rule

• 2 years later...

Kuke never fought for sikhi and not even for indian freedom struggle, all they did is just against beef butchery in panjab due to there pure hindu psychology and cow worship. All should check facts and history.

And how can a sikh have even 1% faith on ram singh as sikh after knowing that he burnt SGGS and he is anti shaster.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

Its funny , all the freedom fighters you mentioned were working for Indian independence , not just punjabi independence or khalasthan . they were proud to be indians more than they were proud to be sikhs .

but we don't think about it twice , do we ? they are panjabi and had a khadku nature, so they are ours ! I guess it goes along this line ! :lol2:

Its funny , all the freedom fighters you mentioned were working for Indian independence , not just punjabi independence or khalasthan . they were proud to be indians more than they were proud to be sikhs .

but we don't think about it twice , do we ? they are panjabi and had a khadku nature, so they are ours ! I guess it goes along this line ! :lol2:

the common enemy was the british raj at that time...the aim was to oust the british..no one knew how the indian hindus would become after independance..even though we were warned by the british and pakistani musalman during partition that we would become subserviant and gulaam..we didnt listen and now are bearing the fruits of our decision...but we are waking up..with guru kirpa

Tbh honest i haven't to my own embarrassment studied enough about namdaris, but of what i do know is that they belive in a Dai tari guru, which 100% wrong there isnt a need for anyone to call them selves Sat Guru because all the instructions of how to Win the game against the 5 evils, is with in Guru Granth shaib Jee.

But for people who now follow this Way, are (and people need to understand) 2nd generation naamdaris they have been indoctrinated in to this way of thinking, its as much a part of there mind set as is the earth going around the Sun a fact to mankind, faith is a personal thing which can not be weighed or given numerical value, its only as valuable as the one who follows it, whether that be to death regardless of the threats or just a sunday Sikh who believes just to believe. Now 2468 i respect you as much as any of my family member and would treat you with the up most respect even as far as giving my life for your rights, but i dont respect your belief system, whether you believe it or not there is no other than Guru Granth Shaib

I dunno why anyone would even wanna mention the muppets of the 1940's. The British were the best thing that ever happened to us as Sikhs. They treated the Hindus like worthless animals and were indifferent to the muslims, but to us Sikhs ?.....Man, the way they viewed and treated us is the very reason we sit here today in London, Vancouver and Sacramento. The warned us that Hinduism was out to swallow sikhism just as it had done to Bhuddism and they went out of their way to make sure that doesn't happen by, for example, making sure the Sikhs keep the Khalsa tradition going by, for example, dismissing from the army any Sikh that dared put a scissor to his hair. From the moment they left they have been proved right.

As for the actual question.....I wish I knew the actual names of the great shaheeds. I think to know the actual names we need to get hold of a list of all the members of the All India Sikh Students Federation , circa 1980 onwards. I've talked to the bajurgs back in the pend alot about history, and they all tell me that there is one significant difference between the freedom fighters from the 80's and the khalistanis of today. They say today, the movement (all over the world) is mostly full of uneducated or poorly educated types, whereas in Sant Bhindarawale's time it was full of the creme de la creme of intellectual thought and academia. They said the motorcycle wale sikhs who used to tour the punjab countryside teaching sikhi to one and all, were all very highly educated doctors, engineers, lawyers etc from rich educatedd urban families.......all part of the All india Sikh students Federations. Just like students behind the Iranian revolution and most of the radical muslims youths today, they were well versed in western philosphy as much as sikh history and scriptures. They could quote Descarte and Nietchtze as well as the Gurus. Their knowledge was worldly in every sense of the world. People like that inspired. Their equivelent today know so little there is very little to be inspired about. Practically every similar minority / religious revolution ever, has come about with a foundation of inteligentsia. By nature, such movements must have at its core a large group of academics. Right now, the 'core' of our movement is made up of factory workers and lumberjacks. If we succeed it'll be the first movement in history that has succeeded with such a foundation.

Anyway, we have something in the region of a quarter of a million shaheeds that attained shaheedi during operation woodrose. The numbers are so large its impossible to compile a list of them all. But of those that attained shaheedi in Amritsar in 1984, I would have thought a membership list of the AISSF of that year will give us the names of a large proportion of them.

@ West London Singh - I was reading the final declaration (I'm sorry I don't remember what it was officially called) of Bhai Sukha Singh and Bhai Jinda Singh which they wrote before they attained shaheedi and it was fantastically erudite and extremely well-written. They touched upon many subjects that I - to my utter shame - thought they would have no knowledge of, possibly because of the misconception I held where I thought they were simple pind-dwelling guys caught up in the rhetoric of religious zeal and moved to take action as a result of the mayhem they witnessed. They were absolutely not.

They knew exactly what they were doing, and they are a lesson to keyboard warriors that litter forums such as these that gung-ho bravado devoid of any knowledge whether it be temporal or spiritual is a completely hollow act.

Whilst such beacons of Sikhi to be extinguished before their time whilst others not fit to shine their boots remain behind to taunt and demoralise us is absolutely an injustice.

Sikh Freedom Fighter Against the British:

Bhai Vaisakha Singh and other Gadhar members: He actually got sent to Kale Pani and I think others got Fansi.

Kartar Singh Sarabha was only one of a group of Singhs getting Fansi, but the reason he is remembered is because he was the youngest and the British were all like ur young don't waste ur life..but he said I want Fansi with my brothers.

Babar Akali Singhs

The Singhs who fought for the Gurudwara: Jaito da Morcha, Nanakana Sahib da Morcha is especially horrific....they also fought against the British

And the shaheeds in the Anglo-Sikh Wars, wasn't that also against the British