Who Were Some Great Sikh Freedom Fighters

virk30

have you forgotten about the anglo sikhs wars?..who took our raj from us..?...who committed the bloody mass murder of sikh troops at the battle of sobraon ?.. i could go on

And what....you don't think there's a Kashmiri, Pathan, Afghan version of you sitting at his computer right now saying the same thing about us Sikhs ? After all, we also started an empire. We also took over lands and people. We also got rich by exploiting their riches.

Let me put this in extremely simple terms for you, in explaining the difefrence :

1) The British: Took us over after fighting 2 wars with us. Once they did, of the 3 communities: Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims, it was us that did the best and gained the most under their rule.

2) India. Took us over by cowardly lies and cowardly deceit. "come with us" they said. "choose us and we promise we'll give you the indpendence and autonomy you enjoyed before the british came". Since that day.....we've been raped, killed, ridiculed, taunted, demoralised, laughed at and subdued.

Call yourself 'Khalistan Gun Man' fella. But in reality, you're an Indian's dream citizen. One thats very easy to distract from the real problem.

I dunno why anyone would even wanna mention the muppets of the 1940's. The British were the best thing that ever happened to us as Sikhs. They treated the Hindus like worthless animals and were indifferent to the muslims, but to us Sikhs ?.....Man, the way they viewed and treated us is the very reason we sit here today in London, Vancouver and Sacramento. The warned us that Hinduism was out to swallow sikhism just as it had done to Bhuddism and they went out of their way to make sure that doesn't happen by, for example, making sure the Sikhs keep the Khalsa tradition going by, for example, dismissing from the army any Sikh that dared put a scissor to his hair. From the moment they left they have been proved right.

\

What muppets are you referring to ?

And I don't know if u should be so glad of the fact that the British treated us so good. Some ppl like the Hindus like to point out that the British treated us special because they wanted to divide the Indians and wanted the military power on their side. So that's why when the Sepoy Mutiny happened, the British used Sikh ppl to put it down and they say only Muslims and Hindus were doing the Mutiny. And that the British could have been ousted but because of the Sikhs they weren't. I mean how great is it if the British treated us good? It was our raaj they got and they wanted to keep rebellion down. Also heard that because the British wanted to tame the warrior spirit in sikhs they did some malavat in Dasam Granth or tried to and they banned So Sakhi. (The author of a translation of So Sakhi, we have at home, says he did the translation hidden in a mosque.) And we lost the true art of Shaster Vidya cause of British ppl cause they banned it after they Anglo-Sikh wars. And then as ever they used their cunning and won the Sikh ppl over to their side to fight wars. Yeah we got a lot of good things cause of them, but still we shouldn't be proud of the fact that they made us slaves and treated us good.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

And what....you don't think there's a Kashmiri, Pathan, Afghan version of you sitting at his computer right now saying the same thing about us Sikhs ? After all, we also started an empire. We also took over lands and people. We also got rich by exploiting their riches.

Let me put this in extremely simple terms for you, in explaining the difefrence :

1) The British: Took us over after fighting 2 wars with us. Once they did, of the 3 communities: Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims, it was us that did the best and gained the most under their rule.

2) India. Took us over by cowardly lies and cowardly deceit. "come with us" they said. "choose us and we promise we'll give you the indpendence and autonomy you enjoyed before the british came". Since that day.....we've been raped, killed, ridiculed, taunted, demoralised, laughed at and subdued.

Call yourself 'Khalistan Gun Man' fella. But in reality, you're an Indian's dream citizen. One thats very easy to distract from the real problem.

Say whatever , but I stay in India and as much as I am aware , we maybe laughed at , but they even respect us for the fact that we are the ONLY community in India which has the courage to laugh at our own jokes . Call that stupidity or daleri , but an average Indian does seem to have respect for sikhs .. And plus , why do we need to always waste in regrettance . True , we have been raped , killed , murdered in 1984 , but why not remember those events , console the affected families , march towards a better future in India as well !

And when right time comes , punish the killers of our people . We are a very progressive community and we should maintain that spirit ..

Now coming back to point :biggrin2: ,An average Indian Sikh today does not want Khalistan or wants things to go bad as it happened 30 years back , for the very reason that everyone wants a happy life . We live for a meager 70 years and everyone wants those 70 years to be with their family , their loved ones ,prosperous and a part of wider society , and not behind bars for a lifetime .

Except religio-political sikhs , no one remembers what India promised sikhs in 1947 , if at all they promised . yes this is a fact !

^ Every single thing you said there, ajeet ram gujarati, summarises everything that the Indians planned to make of the Sikhs. i.e...a community so subdued, so tortured, so enslaved, that they were no longer physically or mentally capable of freeing themselves. Look at your last sentence for example. Outside of India, even children under the age of 7 are aware of Nehrus public promises of autonomy to the Sikhs.....made after Jinnah made great promises. And yet you, displaying the intellect of a doormouse, say "if at all promised". :stupidme:

Having read your comments on various threads do you honestly believe any Sikh in the free world would believe that you are a Sikh ? ...or if you indeed are, accept you as one ? You've got Hindu pretending to be a Sikh on the internet written all over you fella.

International human rights organisations estimate that up to half a million Sikhs have been murdered by India. And yet you describe this as a 'happy and prosperous life' for Sikhs in India' ? What are you on fella. What are you on. :blink2:

The best and most knowledgable minds brutally killed. The ones left alive left with the knowledge that even speaking about freedom will bring either death or torture. Most of the other conscious ones either escaped the hell-hole that is India or desperate to do so.

So what are you left with ?

You, my friend. The likes of you. A fella that has sat and watched as every single other major religion in the world has fought tooth and nail to achieve their own homeland where their people and faith can prosper.........And yet you have come to a totally different conclusion regarding us Sikhs. Strange fruit.

Anyway, remind me again geezer, what exactly is so wonderful and prosperous about Sikh reality in India ? Lets just take this year so far in your beloved India as an example; This year alone amritdhari sikhs have been banned from working at Amritsar airport (even though London and Toronto airports seem to have no problem with it).............amritdhari sikhs have been banned from schools(even though schools in the west have no problem with it)..........they've been regularly hanging Sikhs whilst rewarding the killers of sikhs........the homeland of the sikhs has become the wasteland of drugs and alcohol (echoes of Iran here where it is well known why the authorities tolerate the truly massive rate of heroin and opium addiction there.......i.e to keep the poor masses too subdued to rise up)..........a homeland (punjab) that has slipped from being the richest state to number 6 on the national list, and slipping further down each year..........a nation where the sikh is the national joke....... portrayed in popular media as nothing more than a clown.

Remind us again, Ajeet Kumar Gupta.............Remind us again what is so wonderful and prosperous about being the only major religion on earth without a nation of their own ?

hmmmm singh...the British did good and bad... but regardless my allegiances lie with the Khalsa fauj..thats the bottom line

Guest KopSingh

^ Every single thing you said there, ajeet ram gujarati, Ajeet Kumar Gupta.............Remind us again what is so wonderful and prosperous about being the only major religion on earth without a nation of their own ?

LOOOOOL smashed it, i wud of replied but it takes bowt 5 yrs for my posts 2 appear, due to being on QC

I'm a full 100% khalistani but I say one thing....and have always said....no point in shouting abroad....on the Internet....newspaper articles etc ........go to delhi and say it there

We can curse those "brainwashed" in Punjab all day but until we get ourselves over there and make a fuss....whats the point?

Our homeland? We live in the UK with sky sports and espn mate!!!