Who Were Some Great Sikh Freedom Fighters

virk30

I'm a full 100% khalistani but I say one thing....and have always said....no point in shouting abroad....on the Internet....newspaper articles etc ........go to delhi and say it there

We can curse those "brainwashed" in Punjab all day but until we get ourselves over there and make a fuss....whats the point?

Our homeland? We live in the UK with sky sports and espn mate!!!

Go to India you say....and die like the other half million of our brothers and sisters ? Umm....interesting idea. Not.

Don't you think its better that we serve as an inspiration to our brothers and sisters there ? Our brothers and sisters whose media never mention the facts we mention here.......so platforms such as this being the only way they can actually learn the truth ? Don't you think that'll be more usefull than going over there and dying ?

I suggest you read up on the New York Jews in the 1940's and 50's. Just like us, they were 2nd and 3rd generation american / UK born. What they did was sset the ball rolling. They saw their function as spreading awareness among the jews that either didn't know or didn't care....about a jewish homeland. I'm sure they're mighty glad there wasn't a jewish version of you around at that time telling them to stop spreading awareness and go away to be killed.

Guest KopSingh

Go to India you say....and die like the other half million of our brothers and sisters ? Umm....interesting idea. Not.

Don't you think its better that we serve as an inspiration to our brothers and sisters there ? Our brothers and sisters whose media never mention the facts we mention here.......so platforms such as this being the only way they can actually learn the truth ? Don't you think that'll be more usefull than going over there and dying ?

I suggest you read up on the New York Jews in the 1940's and 50's. Just like us, they were 2nd and 3rd generation american / UK born. What they did was sset the ball rolling. They saw their function as spreading awareness among the jews that either didn't know or didn't care....about a jewish homeland. I'm sure they're mighty glad there wasn't a jewish version of you around at that time telling them to stop spreading awareness and go away to be killed.

bro ur world knowledge of geo-politics of past, present n probably future is out of this sansaar, big up WSL, wickd stuff, i learn sumink new in every1 of ur posts

Good point about the Jews. They didn't go to Palestine and fight the Arabs for Israel (the wars came later). It was given to them on a silver platter by the super powers of that time. Jews in Europe and America used their financial and political influence to make it happen. Ever wonder why America blindly supports Israel? It's because the Jewish lobby is one of the strongest in America. They raise tons of money for pro-Israel candidates. It's almost impossible to get elected in America if you are anti-Israel.

World War 3 is coming. I'm no Nostradamus, but you can see the players emerging. China, India, Pakistan, Iran, Israel, U.S.A, U.K., North Korea, and whatever other alliances get entangled in the mess. An opportunity may present itself, as it did the Jews after World War 2. Sikhs abroad should be strong enough politically to seize that opportunity if it presents itself.

Good point about the Jews. They didn't go to Palestine and fight the Arabs for Israel (the wars came later). It was given to them on a silver platter by the super powers of that time. Jews in Europe and America used their financial and political influence to make it happen. Ever wonder why America blindly supports Israel? It's because the Jewish lobby is one of the strongest in America. They raise tons of money for pro-Israel candidates. It's almost impossible to get elected in America if you are anti-Israel.

World War 3 is coming. I'm no Nostradamus, but you can see the players emerging. China, India, Pakistan, Iran, Israel, U.S.A, U.K., North Korea, and whatever other alliances get entangled in the mess. An opportunity may present itself, as it did the Jews after World War 2. Sikhs abroad should be strong enough politically to seize that opportunity if it presents itself.

If Badal and Co. had their heads screwed on correctly, WE would be looking to THEM to make the most of any future turmoil and get Sikhs what they wanted. But they're part of the problem as much as anyone else.

As for Sikhs abroad making the right moves and attaining something of worth of long-term benefit to the panth, I certainly hope you're right but I'm not sure from which quarter of NRI Sikhs I should expect anything to be done.

Actually there were some New York Jews that were against Israel. They were the religious ones who didn't want Israel created by humans for them, they wanted Israel that would be granted to them by God's Messiah. It would be more beautiful and better than any Israel humans could create. Of course they were the minority.

As for Sikhs abroad making the right moves and attaining something of worth of long-term benefit to the panth, I certainly hope you're right but I'm not sure from which quarter of NRI Sikhs I should expect anything to be done.

Americans. jk :biggrin2:

The only reason Israel even came into existence was beacause it was benefical for the west to have a foot hold in the region, the only way ur theory could work is if neighbouring countries/ states were threatening to the worlds power elite and therefore Punjab be an asset.......with india being allies with the west....the middle east eating out of western hands (bar Iran) and countless bases in nearby countries....it doesn't seem likely it could gain the support it deserves

Based on history ..it's a nice theory but honestly with the greatest respect ...it's not going to happen!

The only reason Israel even came into existence was beacause it was benefical for the west to have a foot hold in the region, the only way ur theory could work is if neighbouring countries/ states were threatening to the worlds power elite and therefore Punjab be an asset.......with india being allies with the west....the middle east eating out of western hands (bar Iran) and countless bases in nearby countries....it doesn't seem likely it could gain the support it deserves

Based on history ..it's a nice theory but honestly with the greatest respect ...it's not going to happen!

Well now that you've finally started thinking sikhthetruth, don't give up now....carry on thinking to the next level.

I'll give you 2 things to think deeply about:

1) 2 of the worlds nuclear powers hating each other with a passion. Both with trigger happy itchy fingers......next door to each other making the chance of conflict all the more likely and often. The world, once other problems are sorted out, will come to realise that the best way to avoid a worldwide nuclear catastrophe would be if there was a neutral buffer state between the 2 enemies. There are political think tanks in both London and Washington that have already floated the idea.

2) The King Of Belgium publicly acknowledged last year that the country has, at best, just a few years more of existence left in it. Already, France has publicly admitted that it has been holding unofficial talks with the flemish to incorporate french speaking belgium into france. The EU then publicly stated that the inevitable break up of Belgium will, without doubt, blow a wind of change throughout the world...with new nations springing into existence. The EU stated that there would then, be no way of stopping Barcelona and the rest of Catalonia from breaking away from Spain. With the domino effect in full motion, Canada would be incapable of stopping Quebec also breaking away. ....and so on and so forth.

If you truly do seek the truth mr/ms sikhthetruth, I suggest you spend more time making yourself well-read and thus understanding whats going on in this world.....and less time arguing with me.

There is huge difference between jews and sikhs. Being in small numbers what they did so far for their community is incredible. Now the differences?

They stick together and don't fight with each other (at least not in public), they kept their culture intact including their language. They are very well educated people and rest is that they control most of the economy changing businesses (hollywood, traders, gold etc). I don't have to go in details about apnay NRI Sikhs as you all know how majority of us act in public and how united we are. 2nd or 3 rd generation doesn't got any clue how to read punjabi far away is understanding the social structure of punjab. If our community wants to follow jewish community footstep then we need a radical change in our kaum and most important is our rehat, culture and language. Without that we have no common ground at all.

Besides few of us, none of our youth are aware of Punjab history. Effort need to put on punjabi language as it would be crazy to communicate in brit/american/canadian english with 85% of sikh popluation in punjab (most of them are rural folks).

A decade worth of work is needed to put in practice by our people and then only we can dream of having our own constitution. Other than that it is just a time pass !

There are very few organization who are working for the welfare of sikhs but in reality we need million time more effort in order to achieve anything out of India.

If Badal and Co. had their heads screwed on correctly, WE would be looking to THEM to make the most of any future turmoil and get Sikhs what they wanted. But they're part of the problem as much as anyone else.

The Badals are modern-day Dogras. They love power more than they love the panth. Veer ji, why don't we become the change that we seek, instead of waiting for others to act?

Let's take a page from our enemies. Punjab politicians go and suck up to Ram Rahim because his followers will vote for whatever party he tells them to vote for. What if we invited local politicians, who are willing to fight for Sikh causes, to speak at our gurdwaras? If we, as a community can help them to get elected, then they will fight for us because they will want to keep our vote. This is what the younger generation should start to think about, because they will be the future committee members of our gurdwaras.

This is a grassroots level step. Some of us are close to committee members, or may even be committee members ourselves. Contact your local representative and ask them if they would be willing to come and speak in the Gurdwara. Get approval from the Gurdwara as well. Hopefully, you will be able to show them that they have a sizeable Sikh constituency in their district that needs its collective voice heard, and you can educate them on issues of concern to the panth.

WLS ...

Point 1....up until a few months ago pakistan was natos (west) puppy dog...why worry about a buffer zone wen uv got the country surrounded....afghan bases to the left...india to the right..pakistan aren't about to do anything rash...theyl be blown out of the window in no time and india will always listen to the usa like they always do

Point 2..... Belgium cant agree on a goverment therefore the idea of them breaking up seems a reality in the near future...you wont have that problem in punjab because of 2 things...parkash badal and the heir sukhbir badal...those who dont agree either get kicked out (manpreet badal) or taken care of (captain kanwaljeet) ....the other option is congress....which i dont think we need to think any further into

Please dont think im arguing with you or undermining u in any way...I respect your views.... But i just dont agree with you...i dont think a political solution can occur to achieving our own homeland....call me a bit of a dreamer if u want (i call it faith) but i can only see it happening with a great spiritual event..i.e dasme patshaha returning!! different people have different thinking...thats the bottom line really

Bhul chuk maaf