The Golden Temple

Tejinder19

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh.

As many of you know, the Golden Temple is considered to be the Sikhs’ Holiest Shrine. There’s something I would like to share with all of you. Our Guru Sahib didn't put the gold on the Golden Temple. It was put on by someone else. Do we really need the Golden Temple to be covered in gold? Does the gold make the Temple more spiritual? Does this agree with Guru Nanak Dev Jee's teachings? The gold was not put on by our Guru Sahib, it was put on by evil spirited people who didn't want to help the needy. The image this is giving Sikhism is being talked about all around the world. Millions are walking away from the Sikh Faith because of this. This is something we all need to think about deeply. The Guru is like a Shining Star. Let's all turn to Him for help in this dark age of Kaljug. Please forgive me if I offended anyone on this forum which wasn't my intention at all. I'm barely a beginner just starting to walk the path of Sikhi.

Light to all. Love to all. Peace to all.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Jee.

As many of you know, the Golden Temple is considered to be the Sikhs' Holiest Shrine. There's something I would like to share with all of you. Our Guru Sahib didn't put the gold on the Golden Temple. It was put on by someone else. Do we really need the Golden Temple to be covered in gold? Does the gold make the Temple more spiritual? Does this agree with Guru Nanak Dev Jee's teachings? The gold was not put on by our Guru Sahib, it was put on by evil spirited people who didn't want to help the needy. The image this is giving Sikhism is being talked about all around the world. Millions are walking away from the Sikh Faith because of this. This is something we all need to think about deeply. The Guru is like a Shining Star. Let's all turn to Him for help in this dark age of Kaljug. Please forgive me if I offended anyone on this forum which wasn't my intention at all. I'm barely a beginner just starting to walk the path of Sikhi.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Jee.

Everything you said is true. Sikh Raj is the thing that undid Sikhism. We got a few cool buildings but we lost our sovereignty. As the Sikh Youth we must reject the patterns of the past few generations to get to the core of the Guru's message.

I was listening to a lecture of Harbhajan Singh Khalsa on sikhnet. http://www.sikhnet.com/news/akal-takhat-and-narayan-shabad

And he talks about how Akal Takhat, was never destroyed, and that it lives in our heart. Even though they rebuilt Akal Takhat, its like not the real thing. But he says the glory of Akal Takhat shall be restored by the power of Gurbani.

I think in the same way, Darbar Sahib has been broken so many times, its no where near the original. Its not really the darbar sahib, although they could never destroy for real. Because it is eternal in our hearts. But one day the khalsa shall relive it's glory, and through the Guru we will restore Harmandir Sahib. It will be like a miracle.

They probably added gold to it because, when darbar sahib was broken, it lost its "golden effect" therefore Maharaja Ranjit Singh probably added the gold to make it seem better, i dont know. But it never stops us enjoying the true magic of Dabar Sahib, because its in our hearts. Even if it looked all tattered, we would still enjoy the Guru there.

But in the same way we lost all our "land", well in reality that land still belongs to us. Just one day we will reclaim all this stuff. And the khalsa shall thrive again. But also in the same way khalsa never really dies, neither do any of the "sikh shrines", but just one day it will all become public again for everyone to see, thats all.

The glory and power still exists, we just have to search for it from the inside. But when we find it from the inside, it will become manifest, and spread throughout the whole world. No matter how much they try, they could nuclear bomb, all of india/pakiland destroying all the original Gurdwaras, kill all the people of the world, even destroy the planet. But the glory of God would never die.

Ad sach, jugad sach,

hai bhi sach, nanak hosi bhi sach

'Discussions' will be many. 'Perpectives' will be many. As long as our 'mind' has the control over our souls then 'questions' will also be many. Peace, therefore, will be hard to attain.

Meditation can help you get rid of these questions. Just let things be. And you too, just BE...

May Peace find its way to you...If you'll let it. Allow it.