Doojai/duality

ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਕੋ ਨਾ ਿਮਲੈ ਿਫਿਰ ਿਫਿਰ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ ॥

doojai bhaa-ay ko naa milai fir fir aavai jaa-ay.

No one merges with Him through the love of duality; over and over again, they come

and go in reincarnation.

-ਿਸਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ਘਰ ੁ ੧ ॥

sireeraag mehlaa 3 ghar 1.

Siree Raag, Third Mehl, First House:

Page 27

wjkk wjkf,

My fellows, i just have a small question :

Question : What is the meaning of duality? How do one get rid of duality?

I dont think so it's equal to Maya, is it?

Thank you very much for all inputs... Thank you thank you...

In Sikhi I generally take duality to mean 'second love'

i.e love for the world via the mind and desires rather than

single-pointed love for the Guru and God,

Maya is in fact duality personified because it creates the illusion of duality

it creates the illusion that there is anything other than God,

the three gunas (rajo, satto and tamo) are the reason we percieve duality in this world,

when one reaches turya state and becomes a brahmgiani they don't percieve duality in the world,

only One God everywhere.

So to get rid of duality, first

we have to realize that it exists and that it is an illusion,

then by doing nam, bani we advance ourselves spiritually,

but only when we have the vision of God's light will we

truely be rid of duality, for then there is nothing to see but Him.

we have to be beyond the waking, sleeping and dreaming states to

be beyond duality that is called turiya or brahmgian pad.

Guru's Grace

Very nice...thank you so much...

By the way, what is rajo, sato and tamo?

also,

then by doing nam, bani we advance ourselves spiritually,

but only when we have the vision of God's light will we

truely be rid of duality, for then there is nothing to see but Him.

How do we the vision of GODs light? I know, in banee it is said that when God becomes merciful, we are inspired to remember Him.. Is this what God;s light means?

Thank you virji

Your very welcome,

rajo means the universal quality of activity, satto of balance, tamo of ignorance

the vision of God's light is a mystical vision where one passes beyond the above qualities

and dreaming, sleeping and waking in meditation to see God in a higher state of consciousness

this is a very difficult level to reach and it takes many, many years of practise.

Your very welcome,

The above is a very high state that is usually only reachd in

a lifetime of meditation, we should strive for it,

but, even by meditating for a few hours daily,

and constantly reciting Shabd in our minds, while

walking, moving around etc,

we can attain a measure of peace and detachment

which will lead us to feel closer to one-pointed concentration on God

and farther away from dulaity.

Guru's Grace

Yes...i guess it need love and total devotion to get to there. Still a long way... And first the realization that all this is an illusion and the Truth is His naam.

But to remove maya, that is the hardest part.. To remove the attachment, to control Maya.

You're right, by praying and meditartion and contemplating on God, we will reach there.

Please let me know if you have ways of achieving just that.,

Thank you very much virji....

Yes, you are absolutely right

in all you have said,

the only way to get there is to begin by avoiding the maya-triggers

that affect us like t.v etc and fill the mind only with positive images

with that goes constant simran throughout the day

whether walking, sitting, lying down during all activities

then the mind begins to become absorbded within

and it's outward wanderings naturally diminish,

then one gets the peaceful realization that this world is just a dream.