A Question To Fellow My Brothers And Sisters?

Guest confusingh

Confusingh, I hear your pain. Naam Jaapna and contemplating of Gurbani should be treated equally, with more stress on Naam Jaapna. You should really speak with the committe. Maybe for a week or two they are just having people recite. To memorize nitem is a great thing. You can recite Bani whenever and where ever you are. I wish I had the nitnem memorized. The committee is doing a great thing with getting people to memorize.

Wheelchair wheels should be cleaned and the bottom of canes cleaned aswell. And if the person can't do it themselves then they should ask someone, people will be glad to help; it's seva. When you go to the Gurdwara make sure you're clean from the outside and from the inside. Don't walk in there <Edited> off and not taking your shoes and socks off, then your just asking for shither.

To not allow a person in a wheelchair to sit in the sangat once the wheels are clean is the biggest paap in the world in my opinion. It takes alot for these guys to come out of the house and to deny him of sangat and Guru's darshan once hes made the effort is indescribably wrong.

Confusingh, speak with the committee if they allow no wheelchaired people or caned to sit in Guru's presents. If this comittee is doing this then they got some screws lose.

Don't storm in there asking for answer, its not the way to do it. Let them answer why they don't and give them a solution to resolve this issue like clean the wheels. If they still don't listen then ask a couple of Gursikh to speak with them.

The separation of the Panth is causing many problems, let's just hope we don't turn into Christian and have different sect's of Sikhi.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no puratan maryada there is only one rehat maryada specified in rehitnamas and rehatnamas r recorded conversation and directions of gurus. These people seem to be agents of hindu fanatic group , These kind of beadbi is common in each guru ghar everywhere.They r imposing hindu rituals on sikh sangat so these people cease to be sikhs AS PER REHITNAMA REHIT BINA NA SIKH KAHAWE.

As of lately, a group who claim to follow 'Taksali Maryada' (don't really understand what they mean by this i have always had a belief that the Rehat Maryada was universal) they don't allow people with walking sticks or wheelchairs and mostly siaaney who have always served the Gurdwara very well. I found this disgraceful, they claimed that the Gurdwara hall cannot have objects such as wheelchairs or walking sticks in the hall even with bags on, so therefore alot of people are unable to take darshan of Guru Sahib.

I totally disagree with the fact they are not allowing wheelchair/walking sticks into darbar but you can sort of understand the reasons why they may object - This can only be sorted out by sitting and discussing this issue with these people.

Shabads and Paaths have been replaced with constant Naam Japna, the new Dhumalleh Wala Bhai Sahib said that the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji doesn't need to be read an interpreted as well as understood as a form of Gian and Pure Knowledge to live your life by

You say they follow Taksali Maryada - the Damdami Taksaal is like a Sikh 'University' where all students are taught all about Sikhi, the importance of Bani, the correct pronunciation of Shabads and the countless meanings behind it. For someone following the 'Taksali way' and not give importance to the meanings behind the Shabads is like a fish out of water - it just cant happen. Take a look at most who come out of Taksaal and you will see them mainly doing Katha or Santhia in Gurdwaras across the world and spreading the meanings behind the Shabads.

But again - this is an issue you will need to raise with the committee.

Don't give up!

i just want to add my two cents, but going back to before when we talk about saying something without having the knowledge of it. Im sure there are more educated people than me here on SikhSangat so please correct me where i go wrong in telling this sakhi. There was a women who was a prostitute, one day outside her house there was a holy man, standing in the rain. She offered him to come inside, he came in and spoke to the woman. She told about how her life was messed up and why she had to become a prostitute. the man told her to get a parrot and teach it a word. The woman bought a parrot and taught it to say "Ram". Continuously the woman would repeat "Ram" in order to teach the parrot. She did not understand the concept behind the word, and that it meant God, but by continuously repeating the name of God, she was liberated. This Sakhi is in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj. I may have got some points wrong in the story, but as educated as you all are, you can undestand the concept of the story. By repeating God's name constantly, even if you have no understanding of it, Maharaj listens.

And random point i would like to add, i think ur Gurdwara has been taken over by AKJ's not Taksalis. But I could be wrong!

Guest confusingh
Sorry but I had to highlight this which immediately caught my attention,
um.....naam japna is the biggest thing in sikhi, which enables everything else. and yes, we are suppose to jap naam 24/7 as maharaj tells us countless times.

"jo saas giraas thiyaye mera har har, so gursikh guru mann bhavai"

"aath pehar nanak gur jaap"

"simar simar simar gun taas"

"saas saas simro gobind, mann antar ki otherai chind"

"aath pehar tere gun gaaiya"

"aath pehar ram naam vaparo"

"aath pehar tudh jaape pavna"

theres are tons of other tuks that tell us to jaap naam 24 hours a day.

i would rather do 100 jap ji sahibs everyday and not know wat it means, rather knowing wat it means but only doing 1. because naam and bani works like a computer, automatically works inside our body and fixes things, but only if u have enought of it.

With all due respect, the highlighted line shocked me...

...if thats how sikhi's supposed to work then a lot of people here might be following the wrong religion! otherwise they're doing it the wrong way!!

If you sit and tell someone to say "god" 24/7 they will not reach enlightenment.... the whole point is through understanding the beautiful words of Guru ji, a persons mind is open to the ways of a better life and so through methods outlined, such as naam japna will attain this higher living..... personally, I would rather be shown the beauty of naam japna once, than to be told to do it infinitessimally believing it will do something good for me.

Maybe i'm wrong, sorry if i am but surely its when people sit down and LEARN about sikhi they fall in love with it?

--------

anyway,

A gurdwara has its primary objectives- but aside from that, if it can do anything to furthur its efforts then it should!!

Some people complain Gurdwaras do too little, others say too much, but surely a Gurdwara should do however much it can, outside of providing the basics...

If you are saying this Gurdwara does not meet basic requirements of a Gurdwara then this is an issue...if your saying the extra provisions are not the right ones, then this you have to take up through the committee.

It doesnt seem they are doing anything BAD, but they are also in essence, doing the militant thing- cencorship.

If they have the facilities available to them (which it seems at one point they did) then they should encourage sikhs to LEARN and find their own path....those who follow blindly will never take the right turns to Guru ji's house...whats worse is that they are told they will... Sikhs aren't sheep!

Exactly what I thought...

you see the problem we have in our community nowadays there is no intelligent debate it is JUST blind following, no reasoned arguments no logical approach, and this to several youth who are educated and getting good lessons in school they lose their credibility for Sikhi, this is the worst thing that can happen, I've had youngsters coming up to me saying can you explain this... etc. and I've always tried to give a logical argument which really does make sense, and I only would use Bani to refer to... realistically if we look to settle debates upon Sakhiyan which in essence use forms of symbolism and accentuation in order to get an underlying message across to people, its a form which has been used for years and years and if you were to study religion and theology in general you'd be surprised how its not unique to the Sikhs every religion has it and it was usually implemented late in their belief system.

Without learning Bani and solely relying on Naam Japna, you could quite easily do something which is not Sikhi and in fact a paap if you don't understand Bani and the path of which you should follow, the whole calling every sant to do katha is also quite a concern for me, because I as a Sikh (with all due respect) don't want to hear stories of mythical Hindu stories which resemble Sakhis these gianis or sants have been taught, its a real dilution of a pure intelligent and logical theology of Sikhi, to say one only needs to do Naam Japna and learning Bani EXPANDING your GIAN isn't essential if not the SOLE important thing in Sikhi then I'm honestly shocked, that to me seems like an undisciplined form of Sikhi... MY point is in the 21st century surely we should be able to place focus and give our attention to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as our previous ten Guru ji's would have wanted us to, we should be reading through Bani and follow this logical, peaceful, strong and beautiful lifestyle which Guru ji laid before us, instead we choose to neglect this by simply ignoring the importance of it... sorry but that is not Sikhi!

Guest confusingh
It seems that Mr Confusingh takes to PMing people when he doesnt like their response.

Not very good at taking advice are we?

One thing I've always disliked is lies... and that right there is a lie! ,, as well as being quite un intelligent and unable to debate a point... you also lie in order to further your cause! (or assume something without having the ability to think 'oh hang on maybe confusingh hasn't PM'd me because if I did wouldn't my name be on it also I would know if I sent it) cut the lies!

I have not PM'd you, little girl I assure you of that!

I wouldn't waste my time, nor was any of your advice useful or intelligent, neither would I bother attempting to PM you, it isn't me so get your facts right and cut the lies!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest confusingh
why dnt u tell us the name of this guru kar and we can go and see our selfs

I agree with the above^^^

Confusingh--Why have you not named the Gurdwara?

If I was like a 12 year old passing time and wanting to cause trouble, I would name the Guru Ghar

However I'm alot older than 12, and intend on changing the way the Guru Ghar is ran, rather than draw attention to a community which at this point in time is fragile, attendance to the Guru Ghar is already minimal since these people have put forward their talibanisation of everything and even the use of aarti (WHAT!? we were made as a seperate religion from Hinduism however we do aarti and 'sants' do katha about mythical hindu stories).. There are also several of these singhs who can't read or count so all that sort of seva is done by others but when they want to stick their leg in and use a total uneducated approach to our beautiful Sikhi that angers me!

I don't intend on using the Guru Ghar name, and its for a just reason I'm not, I would rather keep my community together than divide it!