A Question To Fellow My Brothers And Sisters?

Guest confusingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

You still are not answering the question, Guru Nanak Dev Ji wrote Aarti for Sikhs whether or not hindu's etc have the same or similar practice does not matter.

We shouldnt dwell on what other faiths do or practice instead need to focus on what Guru Sahib has given to us. How can you preach the importance of Bani etc. and then slander Aarti that is Bani aswell?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this topic should be closed cuz i dnt really get what this singh is saying or is he jus pointing fingers at a group of singhs which are trying to do sumthing for there local sangat and gurkar

if the singh dnt telll us the name of the gurukar whats the point cuz its not getting no where

Guest confusingh

Look how can you say close a topic when you don't agree with something... tell me how that can make sense? tell me the name of your gurdwara or get the topic closed lol.. what are you 10?

In reference to Aarti I don't mean Aarti as in what Baba RaviDas had performed... but aarti as in the sense that even the composition is performed in the manner of Hindu aarti... an example...

NOWHERE IN BANI DOES IT STATE THAT WE SHOULD BURN FIRE IN ORDER TO PRAISE WAHEGURU! SO WHAT IS WITH THE BATHIYAAN YOU SEE USED IN HINDU AARTI... Singh bano te Pakke Singh Bano!

This cannot be passed off as a prayer within Sikhi, within intelligent educated GurSikhs this has been denounced, in the presence of many sangats who have agreed that Sikhi should not follow ritualism... which alot of people have found it hard to define!!... but Sikhi should be followed in a total monotheistic manner

Confusingh I agree with you, however it will always be human nature for the uneducated to mask their inferiority by draping themselves with their remedial understanding of organized religion. It happens in every faith, the bible-belt in the United States has some of the most low IQ hillbillies you'll ever meet in your life, but they think they're superior to the educated North because "Jesus is on their side", with Muslims it's pretty evident that the faith has been hijacked by the Taliban, and Sikhs no doubt know all about low-rung right wing Hindu fanaticism. To think that our community is somehow immune would be as ignorant as those you speak against. I also find the lack of many of the artistic aspects of Guru's gift being tossed to the side quite depressing. The lack of studying music, and raag (the raag of which was so important Guru Ji begins with it in every shabad), simply being ignored, and having just a vaja and tabla bang away with rudimentary skill since these committees don't have the teachers themselves to provide the knowledge. What happened to the classical instruments?! Although you say it's Talibinisation, I think it's more everything has been so simplified as to appease those who don't fully understand the religion, have an inferiority complex, and therefore drape themselves in all the garments of Sikhi so they can bully everyone, but really have only a simple understanding of everything. It's like a saying a Christian friend once told me about fake religious types, you can strap a white collar around a donkey, but that doesn't make it no priest.

i think this topic should be closed cuz i dnt really get what this singh is saying or is he jus pointing fingers at a group of singhs which are trying to do sumthing for there local sangat and gurkar

if the singh dnt telll us the name of the gurukar whats the point cuz its not getting no where

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Why should the topic be closed? - because you cant debate!!! Your mind and thinking is too narrow and not open to learning the REAL philosophy of Sikhi - which is against rituals and braminvad!!! The bani condemns any kind of rituals and all you posting comments against confusingh seem to to be pro-rituals and bramanvad beliefs and philosophy???

I totally agree with confusingh on the philosphy of Sikhi.

Guest confusingh

^ Veer ji, you're right...

One thing I've failed to understand is that how Idol worship has been prioritised in some sense by these posters and how people can say 'say waheguru a hundred times, and you don't need to read bani' YOU NEED TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN ORDER TO BETTER YOURSELF...

Let me make my point clearer, for those posters who found great difficulty in understanding what I was saying:-

'GURU MANEYO GRANTH'

GURU = Teacher

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI = TEACHER

YOU LEARN OFF OF A TEACHER... AND WE ARE THEIR STUDENTS...

Therefore anybody who says there is no need to learn and take knowledge from bani, and simply reciting it without knowing anything about the meaning or understanding it even vaguely... doesn't fulfill their role effectively as a Sikh...

We were told to not even perfom Idol Worship to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji,, therefore we were advised to learn from bani and SOLELY read and understand Bani in the place of our Guru, our teacher throughout our path of Sikhi.... yet we get things from posters such as i'll read a billion jap ji sahibs not know a word and id prefer that to reading Jap Ji Sahib once and thoroughly understanding these precious words and gaining knowledge from it!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

^ Veer ji, you're right...

One thing I've failed to understand is that how Idol worship has been prioritised in some sense by these posters and how people can say 'say waheguru a hundred times, and you don't need to read bani' YOU NEED TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN ORDER TO BETTER YOURSELF...

Let me make my point clearer, for those posters who found great difficulty in understanding what I was saying:-

'GURU MANEYO GRANTH'

GURU = Teacher

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI = TEACHER

YOU LEARN OFF OF A TEACHER... AND WE ARE THEIR STUDENTS...

Therefore anybody who says there is no need to learn and take knowledge from bani, and simply reciting it without knowing anything about the meaning or understanding it even vaguely... doesn't fulfill their role effectively as a Sikh...

We were told to not even perfom Idol Worship to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji,, therefore we were advised to learn from bani and SOLELY read and understand Bani in the place of our Guru, our teacher throughout our path of Sikhi.... yet we get things from posters such as i'll read a billion jap ji sahibs not know a word and id prefer that to reading Jap Ji Sahib once and thoroughly understanding these precious words and gaining knowledge from it!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Totally agree with you confusingh.

It is the Dereh creating these schools of thought. Its a brainwashing excercise whereby bramanvad philosophy is being excercised through these dereh and so called babeh which is then being exerted by these minorities (who wish to change the maryada in the guru gharr) and implemented in these guru ghar's such as the one you attend up north - and it is these rituals and bramanvad philosophies (one of which is repeating the japp ji sahib over and over again) which from my assessment most of our brothers and sisters on this thread follow!

In my view - comments such as the one made by one poster above that he would rather repeat the Japp Ji sahib a billion time and not understand the meaning are ill founded and have no substance to them.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh.