Sikhs And Unity In The Uk

roop33

VJKK VJKF

Sikhs are being attacked from all communities in the Uk, muslims, blacks, whites, hindus etc You always hear that a sikh has got his butt kicked etc We were once the warrior nation that saved hindu women from mughals. Where has the warrior spitit gone? We can't even fight one to one, let alone sava lakh seh ek laroun! We don't train in martial arts that are real, we have no unity within our community, what the hell is going on? Every community walks all over us, we have become a laughing stock.

Don't you think it is time that we had a jatha of 20-30 guys in every city within the UK, who will be able to generate a force by sticking together if the need arised? Don't you think we need training in all gurdwaras around the country? Don't you think we need educating in our rich sikh history in every gudwara, not punjabi classes but sikh history ?

PM if you want to.

Sorry if i have offended anyone.

VJKK VJKF

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not tryin to offend by saying this but in my experience most sikhs are quite cowardly. alot of the sikhs that im talking about r good people but they typically lack courage when it comes to fighting etc. people talk about unity and want it for themselves so that they have something there to help themselves but when it comes to returning the favour they dont want nothing to do with it. I would say stick with ur close nit group that r down when it kicks off and forget the ones that r just hype and talk. in my experience most sikhs r just hype and talk. does anyone else have experiences that they wish to share?

VJKK VJKF

Sikhs are being attacked from all communities in the Uk, muslims, blacks, whites, hindus etc You always hear that a sikh has got his butt kicked etc We were once the warrior nation that saved hindu women from mughals. Where has the warrior spitit gone? We can't even fight one to one, let alone sava lakh seh ek laroun! We don't train in martial arts that are real, we have no unity within our community, what the hell is going on? Every community walks all over us, we have become a laughing stock.

Don't you think it is time that we had a jatha of 20-30 guys in every city within the UK, who will be able to generate a force by sticking together if the need arised? Don't you think we need training in all gurdwaras around the country? Don't you think we need educating in our rich sikh history in every gudwara, not punjabi classes but sikh history ?

PM if you want to.

Sorry if i have offended anyone.

VJKK VJKF

Maybe thats because they dont want to do their parents besti in, and go to jail.

how hard is it to go to jail these days, all it takes is one punch or kick, and you get 6 months in jail.

A few sikhs who I went to school with, failed all of their exams, started dealing drugs and now drive range rovers, and own their own houses and are just 21 or 22. they hand around in small gangs, and wouldnt back away from fights against blacks, whites or any other people.

IS THIS REALLY THE IMAGE YOU WANT???

Mots of my mates dont have fights because they are well educated and know the difference from right and wrong, but if there was a cause worth figthing for, as a last resort, then we could get numbers together, especially in the handsworth area

its always those who propose setting up jathas that are least likely to do anything. i'm not aiming this at you roop and i dont want to get into an argument, but if its that bad where you live, set up a jatha, and if its strong enough, it will spread to other places that have sikh communities.

as for sikhs being cowards, what do you expect? look at our history, how many brave men have been killed in all these wars we were in? its obviously had an effect on our gene pool.

its always those who propose setting up jathas that are least likely to do anything. i'm not aiming this at you roop and i dont want to get into an argument, but if its that bad where you live, set up a jatha, and if its strong enough, it will spread to other places that have sikh communities.

as for sikhs being cowards, what do you expect? look at our history, how many brave men have been killed in all these wars we were in? its obviously had an effect on our gene pool.

ur right bruv. the brave sikhs have all given there heads and wats left is us the ones that are slowly becomin either goreh as in uk or hindus in punjab.

Maybe you need to get rid of your negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts then watch how them manifest. You'll change the way you think about these no good for nothing wimp sissy Sikhs.

You cant change the world you can only change yourself.

the warrior aspect went to gutter when sikhs became majority in punjab. its the truth because until the time sikhs were a minority we knew we would face problems, so we trained and kept faith in sikhi. but when we became majority, in punjab people's mindset changed from tyar bar tyar to we are the kings, we run punjab, now no need to do anything our gurus told us.

people with that mentality migrated to different countries and now we end up with people with 1% of sikhi in them acting like they are the great sikhs of 18th century.

this might seem a little weird but us becoming a majority in punjab definitely changed peoples mindset.

The warriors of the past were powerful because their sikhi was on a whole new level. They were saint soilders, not just one or the other. They had Gur Persad. Because their devotion to God was unparalleled.

The things you are talking about, like not getting beaten up, being able to defend yourself, that all comes to worldy success. But remember where there is naam, worldy success cannot fail. Focus on our Sikhi, wealth and all other powers we just attract, as a result of being guru-orientated. Gurbani says this all the time.

Don't focus on being strong, because no matter how hard you try, by your own efforts we will not acheive a thing. Focus on the thing by which we will get Guru ji's grace. In Guru's grace, is all power and strength. Anything else is just haumai. Our minds are susceptible to evil. Therefore do everything in the Grace of God. Put the love of God's name in your heart. Because everything that happens to you in your life you have attracted. So attract God, who is perfection, and in turn you shall attract perfection. Be the lowest of the low, and in turn Guru will acclaim us the highest of the high. Our problems is we are just trying to jump to far ahead, to where all the rewards are. But we can't get these gifts, unless Guru gives. So lets please Guru ji instead.

Nice observation does make some sense. However, i believe a lot of the cowardness is due to the way kids are brought up. A lot of focus is on education and to stay away from trouble. I see it all the time, something happening (i.e fight) parents are walking away, ignoring the issues or crossing the road. Believe a lot of the fear comes from the early 70s/80s during the NF era. Because the parents show weakness it is easily adopted by the child at a young age. Iv been greatful my father has always promoted the fact to help others and stand your ground. Alot of my friends would be scared to get into conflicts with people because they are too scared to get beats from their parents. My dad always told me if am going to fight make sure its for the right reason and that i win !.

Neither the less you still do get a few lion hearted Singhs out there.