Bow Protest, What Is Really Going On?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Does anyone know anything about why the Bow protest was cancelled?

Why isnt the organisers keeping the sangat informed of what is going on, the communication is almost non existant.

Please can the organisers or someone inform the sangat of what is going on and why was it cancelled.

This is ridiculous, its like the 50'000 reward has been announced just to cover the committees <banned word filter activated>.

I don't know why it was cancelled, but to be honest I reckon it was not going ahead to begin with. The person or people who said there would be a protest on the 17th of May probably just wanted people to come to make some kind of stand. There was no organisation.

But now, apparently there is an official protest going ahead this sunday (May 24th). I went on the 17th and the committe members told us (there was maybe a hundred people who turned up when I was there, maybe more later) that there is definately a protest this sunday on the 24th. You'll find a poster for the protest on this website:

www.onkar.co.uk

It looks like it is going ahead properly.

They told the sangat who was present to distribute the posters to all gurdwaras so we can get as many people to come as possible. They said they were expecting 5000 to come this sunday (we'll see if this happens).

Anyway, what is dodgy is the fact that the protest coincides with the sanskaar which is taking place at Havelock Road Gurdwara in Southall. So now we will have a division of sangat as people will go to the different events and by the sounds of it, with whom I was speaking to, most people are planning on going to the sanskaar and not the protest. There is speculation that the commitee has purposely planned the protest on the same day as they know that not many people will turn up because of the sanskaar. Some of the sangat present on Sunday 17th told the committe about this clash so that it could be changed or something but the committee weren't having it.

Anyone who goes Havelock road Gurdwara needs to put pressure on the committee there to ask them if they can make the sanskaar earlier so that the sangat can go to the protest too. Changing the day would be even better but i guess maybe they can't do this. Mind you, it is the Bow committee who should really change the day of the protest, but they weren't having it.

VaheGurooJeKaKhalsaVahaeGurooJeKeFetah

Sangat Jee I arrived at the Bow Gurdwara at 9.30am thinking there would be quite allot of sungat and I wouldn’t get a place to park the car. When arriving I could even see a single KeshDaree Singh. There was a few Monea Singhs doing seva and putting up the tent (this was situated in the park opposite the Gurdwara where kirtan and langar would take place)

Once doing Darshan of The Nishan Sahib I managed to see a Singh who I asked if I could do any serva who took me off the premises to speak to another Singh. This Singh informed me that THE PROTEST IS CANCELLED DO TO THE POLICE SAYING WE CANT HOLD IT IN A SMALL PARK (I did inform him that we shouldn’t care what police say Beadbi has taken place we have got to make a stand) When has sangat ever cared what others think when its Time to stand up against Tyranny and Evil.

He mentioned to me the organisers of a website for the Gurdwarea were not answering his calls he left numerous calls informing them the protest is cancelled, and to inform the Sungat by up dating there website (this show the lack communication within the organisers also within SIKHI)

He than gave me a leaflet in Gurmukhi explaining what had happened at the Gurdwara the £50,000 reward and about the protest next week. I did inform him that next week the ASHT of Dhann Dhann Sri Guru Granth Shaib Jee Maharaj will be taken to the Thames and there will be an Akhand Part. But he informed me he knew nothing of it, that he is going to the Southall and informing them of the protest next week. THIS GUY WAS VERY EAGAR TO TELL ME HE IS NOT THE PRADAHN OF THE GURDWARA THAT HE IS JUST LIKE YOU OR ME?????? I DON’T KNOW WHY HE SAID THIS MAYBE IM BEING PARANOID

He said he will be contacting every Gurdwara in the country to tell them to attend this protest which will be taken place on the 24th so they can organise coaches(SHOULD HE HAVE NOT DONE THAT FOR THIS PROTEST ON THE 17TH????)

The 1st Singh I spoke to who I asked if I could do any Seva I found out that he was the Perdhan as I requested to go into the Gurdwara the perdhan was the only who could show me around because of Health and Safety!!!!!

When entering the Gurdwara the stairs to Sach Khand r straight in front of you (when entering from the left hand side doorway) this was has now been boarded up. From Sachkhan Shaib to the Lungar hall there is a cement wall which means the fire would have not gone through that but up and burnt the entire roof and entered the Darbar Shaib. Seemed that this would have been the best place to start a fire to get the most damage.

Also the forensic people went to the now burnt Sach Khand they could not determine how it was started. If some hood rat wanted to start a fire I say hood rat because most these people that are in gangs are un educated they would not think about now leaving clues they`d get petrol start a fire and get out of there.

Also me and my friend were discussing that the area is fully of Bangaldesi 90% of kids in London are in gangs or want to be in gangs how could a black guy come into a rival gangs POST CODE???

I know im no Sherlock Holmes but things don’t add up from the fire to the protest which was ment to be on the 17th to the protest on the 24th.

Also none of the two Singhs I spoke to stayed they upped and left to go to Southall to tell them about next week, should one of the organisers of the Prahdan stay and speak with Sungat????

Only VaheGuroo Knows!!!!!

This is very disturbing to know the protest will be on the same day as when we are taken Guru Maharjes Asht to the Thames I say lets not liston to the organisers and change the date or time of when we have the Akhand Pahrt or the Time we take the Ashte to the Thames lets change the date or time of the protest. We need to do what’s right by our Guru Ji 1st.

We left about 10.20/10.30 and I only seen about 5 people other than the Sungat that was already there doing sevva.

I WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE BY SAYING WHAT HAPPENED HAS HAPPENED BUT WHERE WERE WE ALL WHEN MARAHRAJ WANTED US TO UNITE STAND UP AGAINST EVIL???? WHERE WAS THE LONDON SUNGATS WHERE THIS GURDWARA IS NOT HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY BUT 30 OR 40 WHAT HAPPENED MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS?

PHUL CHUCK MARJEE IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE OR SAID ANYTHING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED OR SAID

Protest was meant to start at 10am and these pics are from 10.15

WHERE ARE WE ALL

P.S These are contact numbers for the protest next week on the 24th 07984189884

and 07956633918

VaheGurooJeKaKhalsaVahaeGurooJeKeFetah

post-20227-1242660545_thumb.jpg

post-20227-1242660604_thumb.jpg

post-20227-1242660636_thumb.jpg

From the leaflet i was given this is what it says!!!!

PROTEST 24th May 2009 GATHERING AT 11AM IN THE PARK AT THE CORNER OF ROMAN RD AND GROBE ROAD.

LANGAR (FOOD-REFRESHMENTS) WILL BE PROVIDED

WALK WILL START AT 1.30PM

FROM ROMAN RD TOWARDS CAMBRIDGE HEATH RD

TURN LEFTT ONTO CAMBRIDGE HEATH RD TOWARDS MILE END ROAD

TURN LEFT FROM MILE END RD INTO MILE END PARK

FINISHING AT MILE END PARK

WE KINDLY REQUEST ALL COMMUNITIES TO COME AND JOIN AND SUPPORT US

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT 07984189884 - 07956633918

SHAME ITS ON THE SAME DAY AS WHEN THERES A AKHAND PARHT FOR DHANN DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SHAIHB JEE MAHARAJ AND WHEN WE TAKING THE ASHTS TO THE THAMES.

come one people alot more communication is needed in the PANTH they didnt have this much trouble back in the day even when Singhs had to go on Horse backs for 1000s of miles to deliver measages.