Shastar For Sale, Swap Or Buy!

bakaree

My advice to anyone lookin to buy shastar is stay away from the cheap stuff, save your money up and only buy high quality weapons. Put aside as much as you can every month and keep saving the cash, when you come accross a very good peice buy it. Id rather have 3-4 really good peices than a room full of tat. High quality Shastar will always increase in price and are always a good investment, low quality stuff will not sell again and you wont get as much money as you paid for em if you intend to sell in the future.

My advice to anyone lookin to buy shastar is stay away from the cheap stuff, save your money up and only buy high quality weapons. Put aside as much as you can every month and keep saving the cash, when you come accross a very good peice buy it. Id rather have 3-4 really good peices than a room full of tat. High quality Shastar will always increase in price and are always a good investment, low quality stuff will not sell again and you wont get as much money as you paid for em if you intend to sell in the future.

Fateh!

Is there anyone you would recommend that makes puratan style shasters today?

I'm all for buying antiques that have been crafted for practical use and that have been tested in battle, but unless one is wealthy enough to buy shastars made of wootz steel, I think that we have better steel and more advanced techniques for forging weapons than did our ancestors.

I'm currently trying to convince Cold Steel, who make good weapons at decent prices, to forge some traditional Indo-Persian shastar (they already make Persian style shamshir) like teghs, khanda, and perhaps pesh kabz or katar, but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for them. (Maybe if we all bombarded them with requests?)

I know forges that make excellent European swords (albion swords) and entry level katanas (cheness cutlery) with very high quality steel at reasonable prices, it just seems a shame that we do not have a company that does the same for traditional Sikh weapons.

Regards,

K.

• 2 weeks later...

Fateh Singhs

I have a few Kukuris for sale, all are genuine, well made pieces with good balance, there not tourist kukuris you find everywhere (chrome blades with india engraved into the blade, with the infamous lion head on the hilt)

The kukuri with the elaborate wooden scabbard (case) and the one with the real leopard/cheetah skin scabbard are both £45 including postage and packing. The other kukris are both £35 including postage and packing, one has a horn hilt (handle) and the other a wooden one (very sharp),

They all have good edges, but can be sharpened to your needs

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii194/venom666187/

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...