Torture? Waterboarding Isn't!

Is being trapped in a burning skyscraper and knowing you are going to die a painful death torture? Water boarding is not torture.

Torture is pouring gasoline down the throat of your innocent victim as Quday Hussein did. Torture is kidnapping then beheading your hostage on video as happened to Daniel Pearl in Pakistan.

Torture is the forced "dowry bride"system that deprives any woman of her basic human rights at the onset of puberty as I see every day while working in the Middle East.

Torture is the systemic elimination of religious viewpoints opposing yours through physical abuse and slow murder by starvation and imprisonment as is happening to opposing viewpoints in Iran.

We have an obligation to assure the human rights of those who cherish freedom and equality around the world. As a conservative, I point directly at Amnesty International's reports on Human rights abuse and you'll find a myriad of tortures from governments our liberals would not dare protest. When's the last time you saw a Liberal protesting the anniversary of the Murders at Tianaman (sic) Square? Or the forced military inductions of North Korea?

How about the ongoing millions of dollars being made in Afghanistan by the opium market and the rampant use of heroin in the States? Where are the protests against the torture of families slowly destroyed through illegal drug use? Or the protests against the Coyotes who enslave families in Mexico just to transit a family member to the States?

Get real!!!!! We must defend the principles of freedom and we must use methods that, while nauseating to the average person, intimidate those who are bent on imposing their will against our democracy. When you are ready to capitulate your love of freedom so you don't offend the oppressor you mark the end of democracy.

Comment by: J Larsen

Source: http://blogs.denverpost.com/westwatch/2009...arding-torture/

Okay.

So here I am hoping that J. Larsen who made this post finds this response, but I'm not entirely sure he will. It's almost as if he's willing to pick and choose what torture is based on who it's happening to.

Is being trapped in a burning skyscraper and knowing you are going to die a painful death torture? Water boarding is not torture.

Of course the former is torture, and I assume he is talking about September 11, as many seem to think justifies the actions being carried out against inmates in Gitmo (so many of whom have gone extended periods without a trail, and others have been subject to retrospective law making, let's ponder on why?)

The actions carried out on September 11, were certainly an act of torture, for everyone in NYC that day. For everyone who was concerned about friends or family, for everyone concerned about a traveller, for everyone who witnessed the attack, and for everyone who was injured/killed of course.

But that does not nullify that waterboarding is torture, especially when it was labelled torture and illegal when American troops were subject to it (as a conservatron this is something that surely should not be forgotten, especially given that it in a way was against the USA's national interest, and could certainly happen again)?

Terrorism, and Waterboarding, are definitely both forms of torture in their own rights.

Torture is pouring gasoline down the throat of your innocent victim as Quday Hussein did. Torture is kidnapping then beheading your hostage on video as happened to Daniel Pearl in Pakistan.

Again, totally inexcusable. But, torture, detruction, abominations and desecration are all two way streets. And torture can not be a term subject to change based on who the victim/perpertrator is.

Was it not torture when US troops raped an Iraqi woman (undeniable now that PHOTOS of the attack have since been released, I got so sick of reading this "it's not proven beyond reasonable doubt BS)?

Is it not torture on part by the US by financially supporting the state of Israel through thick and thin for the past 61 years?

Is it not torture for all of the Iraqi and Afghan citizens that have been killed by US troops in the last eight years? In early 2008 the death toll for Iraqi citizens I believe reached 1,000,000 with an estimated 3,000,000 more living intenationally as refugees.

What about all of the families that have been broken up by these forces?

What about the abuses and humilations to prisoners of war that the US have been holding?

What about all of the people of Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan who everyday wake up not knowing if they'll still be around to see the evening?

When torture is brought up, it seems to me that things like this are all conviently swept under the mat and everyone is told that these are all 'necessary measures' to protect the freedoms we enjoy in the West and our rights. Last time I checked freedom has limits, and the main limit we see is that we can't sacrifice someone else's freedom to extend ours, not that any of these people have even in the least threatened our freedom.

All in all the comment continues with liberal bashing and pointing out clear cut human rights violations worldwide as though they some how make similar actions performed by the USA justified.

…Until we get to this:

Get real!!!!! We must defend the principles of freedom and we must use methods that, while nauseating to the average person, intimidate those who are bent on imposing their will against our democracy. When you are ready to capitulate your love of freedom so you don't offend the oppressor you mark the end of democracy.

Still without a single reference as to how democracy is under fire, or how acts by the USA are somehow morally superior than if another country does them? For clarity: I don't believe ANYTHING mentioned in the blog isn't torture.

This includes: Imprisoning people without trail in Gitmo for years on end, retrospective law making, breaching of war crimes in time of war, WATERBOARDING, and more.

Peace,

Sayf Udeen.

Source, my blog: http://alhamdulillah45.wordpress.com/

Fateh!

I doubt that Mr Larsen is likely to bump into your post here.

1 in 7 released Guantanamo detainees return to Islamic terrorism:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/us/polit...&ei=5087%0A

I couldn't care less if the CIA tortured people like Said Ali al-Shihri, a leader of Al Qaeda’s Yemeni branch who bombed the US Embassy in Sana, Yemen, last year, and Abdullah Ghulam Rasoul, an Afghan Taliban commander.

I suppose you would prefer that Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr (who has terrorist ties and has preached hate against Americans), be compensated by the US as well for his alleged "torture" by the CIA. After all, the infidels are supposed to pay jizya for the upkeep of the Believers, right?

It seems like a typical Muslim strategy to wage jihad on the infidels and then, when they are inevitably captured as a result of their stupidity, to complain about being mistreated and ask for financial compensation and a British/American passport.

K.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Torture is the forced "dowry bride"system that deprives any woman of her basic human rights at the onset of puberty as I see every day while working in the Middle East.

Torture is the systemic elimination of religious viewpoints opposing yours through physical abuse and slow murder by starvation and imprisonment as is happening to opposing viewpoints in Iran.

We have an obligation to assure the human rights of those who cherish freedom and equality around the world. As a conservative, I point directly at Amnesty International's reports on Human rights abuse and you'll find a myriad of tortures from governments our liberals would not dare protest. When's the last time you saw a Liberal protesting the anniversary of the Murders at Tianaman (sic) Square? Or the forced military inductions of North Korea?

How about the ongoing millions of dollars being made in Afghanistan by the opium market and the rampant use of heroin in the States? Where are the protests against the torture of families slowly destroyed through illegal drug use? Or the protests against the Coyotes who enslave families in Mexico just to transit a family member to the States?

Okay.

So here I am hoping that J. Larsen who made this post finds this response, but I'm not entirely sure he will. It's almost as if he's willing to pick and choose what torture is based on who it's happening to.

Of course the former is torture, and I assume he is talking about September 11, as many seem to think justifies the actions being carried out against inmates in Gitmo (so many of whom have gone extended periods without a trail, and others have been subject to retrospective law making, let's ponder on why?)

The actions carried out on September 11, were certainly an act of torture, for everyone in NYC that day. For everyone who was concerned about friends or family, for everyone concerned about a traveller, for everyone who witnessed the attack, and for everyone who was injured/killed of course.

But that does not nullify that waterboarding is torture, especially when it was labelled torture and illegal when American troops were subject to it (as a conservatron this is something that surely should not be forgotten, especially given that it in a way was against the USA's national interest, and could certainly happen again)?

Terrorism, and Waterboarding, are definitely both forms of torture in their own rights.

Again, totally inexcusable. But, torture, detruction, abominations and desecration are all two way streets. And torture can not be a term subject to change based on who the victim/perpertrator is.

Was it not torture when US troops raped an Iraqi woman (undeniable now that PHOTOS of the attack have since been released, I got so sick of reading this "it's not proven beyond reasonable doubt BS)?

Is it not torture on part by the US by financially supporting the state of Israel through thick and thin for the past 61 years?

Is it not torture for all of the Iraqi and Afghan citizens that have been killed by US troops in the last eight years? In early 2008 the death toll for Iraqi citizens I believe reached 1,000,000 with an estimated 3,000,000 more living intenationally as refugees.

What about the abuses and humilations to prisoners of war that the US have been holding?

What about all of the people of Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan who everyday wake up not knowing if they'll still be around to see the evening?

When torture is brought up, it seems to me that things like this are all conviently swept under the mat and everyone is told that these are all 'necessary measures' to protect the freedoms we enjoy in the West and our rights. Last time I checked freedom has limits, and the main limit we see is that we can't sacrifice someone else's freedom to extend ours, not that any of these people have even in the least threatened our freedom.

All in all the comment continues with liberal bashing and pointing out clear cut human rights violations worldwide as though they some how make similar actions performed by the USA justified.

…Until we get to this:

Still without a single reference as to how democracy is under fire, or how acts by the USA are somehow morally superior than if another country does them? For clarity: I don't believe ANYTHING mentioned in the blog isn't torture.

This includes: Imprisoning people without trail in Gitmo for years on end, retrospective law making, breaching of war crimes in time of war, WATERBOARDING, and more.

Peace,

Sayf Udeen.

sikhs have their own torture issues since the beginning of sikhism..so what exactly was your motive in posting here and directing it towards a man who prolly has never heard of sikhsangat in his life and likely never will?

I agree with Sayf, you cannot extend or maintain your Human Rights by limiting others, yes terrorists do horrendous things, but that does not mean that we lower ourselves and do the same.

Kaljug Singh by saying you do no mind x, y and z being tortured, this is a very narrow minded and naive view, because these are the times when some may justify torture, i.e if a terrorist knew where a bomb is planted can you torture him to find out where, it sounds like a small price to pay, right? , but what if he does not know

There has been thousands of cases where innocent people have been tortured to death for information that they simply did not know, as a sikh you should know this very well,.........i.e the 1980's

Secondly these kinds of practices are detrimental and counter productive, I read somewhere once that the IRA where once only "a few complaining old men" not a threat in anyway, but the inhuman treatment of the irish people by the armed forces was the greatest recruitment tool for the IRA, which turned them into the feared organisation they were/are

Bhull chuk maaf

Baljit Singh

Okay.

…Until we get to this:

Peace,

Sayf Udeen.

sikhs have their own torture issues since the beginning of sikhism..so what exactly was your motive in posting here and directing it towards a man who prolly has never heard of sikhsangat in his life and likely never will?

Would you be saying that if someone else made this post, I disagree and thank Sayd for starting an informed educational debate, maybe it was too much for our XBOX360 generation

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
I agree with Sayf, you cannot extend or maintain your Human Rights by limiting others, yes terrorists do horrendous things, but that does not mean that we lower ourselves and do the same.

Kaljug Singh by saying you do no mind x, y and z being tortured, this is a very narrow minded and naive view, because these are the times when some may justify torture, i.e if a terrorist knew where a bomb is planted can you torture him to find out where, it sounds like a small price to pay, right? , but what if he does not know

There has been thousands of cases where innocent people have been tortured to death for information that they simply did not know, as a sikh you should know this very well,.........i.e the 1980's

Secondly these kinds of practices are detrimental and counter productive, I read somewhere once that the IRA where once only "a few complaining old men" not a threat in anyway, but the inhuman treatment of the irish people by the armed forces was the greatest recruitment tool for the IRA, which turned them into the feared organisation they were/are

Bhull chuk maaf

Baljit Singh

Okay.

…Until we get to this:

Peace,

Sayf Udeen.

Would you be saying that if someone else made this post, I disagree and thank Sayd for starting an informed educational debate, maybe it was too much for our XBOX360 generation

dont be fooled by the username, im older than you think...

as for my response i stick by it, sure points he presents are valid me being a sikh myself i very well am aware of many of these facts, however, im questioning the posters motives.. may seem as if im walking on broken glass so to speak but i think in this day and age i have a right to be suspicious of peoples motives and imsure YOU being a sikh are aware of that as well and the issues surrounding that statement in our community

pce

Fateh, Veer ji!

As far as I am concerned, if there are solid reasons to believe that a terrorist has information that may lead to saving innocent people from certain death, that he would not willingly give the information up, and that time is of the essence, I have no problem at all with strong forms of coercion like waterboarding being used to extract the intelligence.

I think it's pretty naive to believe that the US and western nations do not already use such methods, and if we can find a successful way to extract intelligence with a minimum of physical discomfort, then so be it.

The people I named are the scum of the earth. They are murderers of INNOCENT PEOPLE and they deliberately and indiscriminately target men, women and children for the sole reason that they do not share their religious convictions. They murder because they believe Allah has told them they will be rewarded for the murder of infidels. To compare them to the shaheeds of 1984 is ridiculous and offensive.

Islamic terrorists do not need any other reason to murder innocent people other than the ones they see in the Quran and the Hadith. Everything else is just used as an excuse to garner sympathy and to distract people from the their true religiously motivated reasons for killing.

I also find it despicable that the author talks mentions the supposed crimes of the US and says nothing about the complete disregard for human rights in every single islamic country in the world. It always makes me laugh when apologists for these terrorists who hail from Islamic countries - and the terrorists themselves! - start arguing about human rights when pretty much every islamic country refused to sign the charter of human rights and instead penned their own version called the cairo declaration which is biased in favour of muslim males.

And I notice that the author can't help but take a swipe at Israel. To call the support of the US for the nation of Israel as being tantamount to torture is vile in the extreme. He may get away with this in liberal circles or in the company of Muslims who blame the Jews for everything from the Jewish Holocaust to the assassination of John F, Kennedy, but I'll be damned if I let him get away with it here.

Regards,

K.

Kalyug Singh

Right as always! You know these Muslim terrorists never tire of saying that they 'love death more than we (non-Muslims) love life' yet when it comes to the crunch and they are captured they incessently whine about being innocent and how they are having such a bad time in Gitmo. I think the statement itself belongs to a threatening letter sent by some Arab barbarian before he invaded the Persian empire.

Surely water boarding is just a method provided by the CIA so that these Jehadis can show how well they live up to their bold claim. If they love death so much then why do they always complain and whine and get left wing liberal organisations like ACLU involved in their cases.

The reason why these Muslims and their supporters are complaining is that most of these Jehadis in Gitmo would sing like canaries if they were all threatened by waterboardeding!

To the poster who compared the Shaheeds of 84 with these Al Qaeda gand please refrain from making such foolish comparisons.