Gurdwara Scandal - Singh Sabha Uk (havelock Road, Southall)

I think he/she wants us the sangat to support him/her in finding a wife/husband

So you were the person doubting my claim, then indiectly you backed what I said up, whether you wanted to or not, by stating that you asked the people of the names you listed if the knew about it and your response was "They were not happy at all"

So why didn't they do anything about it? I am asking with the greatest of respect.

Fateh!

Some of the people here are completely missing the point. The Sikh Rehat Maryada makes it clear that Anand Karaj is between two Sikhs, as such the Gurdwara should not be promoting interfaith marriages.

If, as Akal_Sehna has said, the Gurdwara committee has no part in this, then they should be made aware of the situation and put a stop to this now. They should not be allowing the event to be promoted in the Gurdwara and they should most certainly not be financially profiting from the event.

If Sikhs want to go against the rehat maryada and marry a partner of another religion, that is entirely their own business - but it's not something a Gurughar should be actively promoting.

It is up to the sangat at the gurdwara to take it up with the committee.

And Arjunsingh/geo, quit being a drama queen.

Regards,

I think he/she wants us the sangat to support him/her in finding a wife/husband

Well, who knows? The poor chap seems confused as to what the issue is and what we should do. There is hardly anything we can do seeing as it has happened.

Im sure Navraj Singh and Mandeep Singh will be able to prevent it happening again.

So perhaps more details on the event are needed, as you attended what did you do at the event? Speak to the organisers? Raise your concerns?

You outlined two issues firstly the fact that Sikh girls in some cases are finding partners outside of Sikhi and your concerned. The second that the Gurughar should not allow these events to be associated with them.

On which issue are you asking for the Sangats support? You would have the support of the Sangat if they knew what you are asking of them.

Surely that is obvious, as I have stated already what this is about, please read carefully. I will do so again. This is about having non-Sikhs on a matrimonial service which is partly run at the gurdwara. The committee themselves may not know, or have suspected anything or knew about non-Sikhs being on the list. However, one poster claims the committee may have known and their own feelings were not positive to that news.

Just like you posted about the cult in Vienna, the incident is now the past. Shall we not do anything? Should we continue as normal. Should the journalists around the globe not be informed that they are misinforming the entire world about Sikhs, with their misguided reports.

What we can do, is make sure that this does not happen on the list again. Whoever IS in charge of the Matrimonials should they not be investigated?

I also appeal to other Sikhs who attended the event beit helpers or those taking part, to verify that this happened.

All that seems to be clear is that you dont want this happening again, so perhaps getting people together meeting the Gurdwara committee and telling them your concerns.

And on no level does this equate to the Vienna issue, lets not get carried away.

And you havent said what you did at the event as you seem so upset by it?

Hello. Earth to 1kAuR1. It was an event for meeting other people for the purpose of marraige. Is this ok? Understood?

Hello. Earth to 1kAuR1. It was an event for meeting other people for the purpose of marraige. Is this ok? Understood?

Perhaps I am speaking french, YOU went to this event where there were Hindus and Sikhs. What did YOU (Wake_Up) do? Did you sit around see what was happening and raise your concerns with the organisers? OR did YOU sit around have your 3 course meal, check out a few gals and go home.

You are asking the sangat for support when YOU havent done anything worth supporting or rather suggested anything worth supporting.

Pan Ji, Sorry if you think I insulted you. That was not my intention. I dont think it is possible for me to make it any clearer, with regards to the situation. If someone wants to try, then be my guest.

I am asking those Sikhs who are interested in what is being said to investigate for themselves.

I am obviously a liar.

Please do not apologise I am not at all insulted.

And I am not calling you a liar.

I am simply trying to understand what the issue is, there is no reason to investigate the matter. The event has taken place the only thing to do is tell the committee that the Sangat is unhappy that it took place as it encourages mixed marriage between Sikhs and Hindus. Your original post seems to try and tackle the major issue of Sikhs marrying out of the faith: which would be impossible on an online forum and on the other hand blatantly blaming the Gurdwara for the event: I mean to say if you havent contaced the Gurdwara how can you blame them. Seemed very biased.

Please do not apologise I am not at all insulted.

And I am not calling you a liar.

I am simply trying to understand what the issue is, there is no reason to investigate the matter. The event has taken place the only thing to do is tell the committee that the Sangat is unhappy that it took place as it encourages mixed marriage between Sikhs and Hindus. Your original post seems to try and tackle the major issue of Sikhs marrying out of the faith: which would be impossible on an online forum and on the other hand blatantly blaming the Gurdwara for the event: I mean to say if you havent contaced the Gurdwara how can you blame them. Seemed very biased.

I see where your coming from. Yes you are right, and it needs to be established from the gurdwara in question directly. However, someone above says that the committee were shocked by the news. So surely it is time for some reform?

One of the main issues is that the matrimonial service is operating partly within the gurdwara. So, don't the committee, senior members etc, know it was going on?

Remember, I am not instigating merely posing the question.

I see where your coming from. Yes you are right, and it needs to be established from the gurdwara in question directly. However, someone above says that the committee were shocked by the news. So surely it is time for some reform?

One of the main issues is that the matrimonial service is operating partly within the gurdwara. So, don't the committee, senior members etc, know it was going on?

Remember, I am not instigating merely posing the question.

One thing that I can tell you about the committee is that they dont all know exactly what goes on in all respects of the Gurughar. Some focus on their one given responsibility and that is it. There are 21 committee members some retired members spend all day there whereas others employed come in when they can. They should know what is going on in the Gurughar.

The committee do know that the matrimonial service takes place etc as it happens in Havelock Rd Library. However they dont regulate or control it. The service is provided by outsiders. You are right the committee should have more control over the events associated with it. This is the real issue, the committee need to keep a closer eye on outside groups operating in the Gurdwara.

Are u saying that complete outsiders have controll over an event which takes place within the 4 walls of the gurdwara? In a sense , right under their nose?

If that is what your saying then clearly something needs to be changed.

And how is it that u seem to know so much about it? Did u personally know of this taking place? Or did u speak with comitte regarding this matter

"One thing that I can tell you about the committee is that they dont all know exactly what goes on in all respects of the Gurughar. Some focus on their one given responsibility and that is it. There are 21 committee members some retired members spend all day there whereas others employed come in when they can. They should know what is going on in the Gurughar.

The committee do know that the matrimonial service takes place etc as it happens in Havelock Rd Library. However they dont regulate or control it. The service is provided by outsiders. You are right the committee should have more control over the events associated with it. This is the real issue, the committee need to keep a closer eye on outside groups operating in the Gurdwara."

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know so much about the committee etc. C I was thinking that yourself and Akal_Sehna may have thought I am trying to make a personal attack on the names of people on the committee, which is not the case. I do know the name of one of the people who should be consulted, but that person could be on here trying to defend their actions, No one would know.

Once again not trying to cause offence.