The Laws Of Karma

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bring the discussion back to karma,....If we are to believe souls descended from sach khand due to the above story then the action of the souls was the same....therefore surely the predesined fate of each of us should be the same...but its not so whats the reason for this variable....

Good question,

again if you read Anurag Sagar you will see that even the original souls

in Sachkhand had differences, they were not identical beings though in glory they were the same,

i.e Giani in the story was absorbed in Purush and Kal was not,

the 16 sons all were completely differnt in terms of 'personality' and 'attractions'

if we can speak of such things there.

also the actions of the souls were not identical in their 'original sin'

as they were each attracted to different things in the lower regions

thus creating different desires which would manifest in differing karmic destinies latter,

it can also be said that since this was all Akal's Hukam

he had inscribed the destiny of all incarnations on each soul

leading up to when they would be reunited with Him

and as obviously being differnt destinies,

as in Gurbani it states that in the begining Akal

inscribed the destinies on each soul'd forehead.

so the underlying reason is only known to Sri Akal Purakh,

Gurbani has said that the One desired to become Many

also as I stated earlier, as these souls descended from Sachkhand

they spent time in lower planes like Karam Khand, Saram Khand

and lower planes that Kabir calls Trikuti or Gian Khand

in such places each soul would have had different interactions

in which different subtle karmas and attractions/repulsions were created

which would constitute their earthly karma during their first incarnation,

now when they left Sachkhand the souls were handed over to Kal and Maya

and so it was up to them to entangle them in karmas

Actually I agree with you that karma is not fair,

this is really a conundrum that nobody can answer

based on Anurag Sagar I would say that

there are two forces in creation-Akal and Kal,

the gross karma of lakh chaurasi that we experience on

this earth is the contrivance of Kal,

the original seperation of souls from Akal

was Hukam or God's order, it is interesting to

note that there were billions of souls who did not

leave Akal Purakh in the begining and thus have been in Sachkhand since then,

while we are in the other unluckier group,

the mercy that descends from Akal to bring souls back to Sachkhand

comes through the grace of Sachkhand Vasis like Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji

or Kabir Sahib who descend to earth and destroy the viscious karmas of their disciples

and thus pay their debt to Kal, because Kal asked for the lower creation

and the souls which he got from Akal due to his tapasaya of 60 and 70 yugas.

The ways of the Lord cannot be understood by us.

We are far too under developed. That avastha belongs to the Brahmgyanis, the true lovers of God, who have proved themselves to HIM.

And according to the Hukam some (v.v.v.v.few) ways of the Lord are taught to us through Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji or by his Saints/Brahmgyanis.....to whomsoever they are pleased with, while most of it are kept secret according to the Hukam...or are only meant for souls of higher enlightenment or who are on the path of enlightenment.

However, Valli Singh you have made some very interesting points. Please provide a link to the translation of Bhagat Kabir ji's writings that you have mentioned.

I was not aware of any other Bhagat Kabir ji's writings other than the Shaloks in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, which I totally love.

Also, please do elaborate on Kal and Akal as per your understanding.

Thank you for your time Waheguru ji.

Veerji,

I am not aware of any translations here, but earlier in this thread

I posted a summary of some of the teachings found therein,

basically Kal was one of the first created beings by Akal Purukh,

Kal desired to be a God like Waheguru and rule over his own creation

so he did bhagti for 70 yugs,

Akal Purukh then gave him the power to create

some vast heavens and regions below SachKhand,

Kal again meditated for 60 yugs and took billions of souls

from Akal Purukh by enticing them with Maya into the lower creation

including this earth where he bound them by karams in lakh chaurasi

so that he could rule over the three worlds.

Valli veer, I have read your short summary on Bhagat Kabir's writings, however I wanted to read morrrrrrrre :p , thats why I asked you for the direct link to the translation/original version.

Fresh Singh ji, checking your link out now, thank joo :D