The Laws Of Karma

wjkk wjkf,

I belive everything is written, whether or not we will find a true guru, join the sadh sangat etc.

Purab likh likhia, mil sadhoo kanda khanda hai"

-kirtan sohila

wjkk wjkf,

I belive everything is written, whether or not we will find a true guru, join the sadh sangat etc.

-kirtan sohila

From the essence of discussion, we are destined, say, to be in the sadh sangat maybe 10 times, but because we act in devotion and humility, these karma increase to make it say 100 times to the sadh sangat. And from that, 10000 times. So on.

In japji, in the salok, it is said

Karmi apo apni, key narai kay door

wjkk wjkf,

-kirtan sohila

From the essence of discussion, we are destined, say, to be in the sadh sangat maybe 10 times, but because we act in devotion and humility, these karma increase to make it say 100 times to the sadh sangat. And from that, 10000 times. So on.

Based on their actions, some come closer to Him and some further

So, end of the day, it is our past karma, making more karma.

:)

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wjkk wjkf,

-kirtan sohila

Based on their actions, some come closer to Him and some further

So, end of the day, it is our past karma, making more karma.

:)

wjkk wjkf

i wish to reffer you to my previous post in this topic where i stated that, we are not destined to go to heaven or hell, it is earned. hence the propersition of kamai in sikhi. through the actions of people in their past lives etc, karam is made. everyone knows this. but what a common misconception of karam is, is that people take karam to mean that they are destined to end up somwhere, i.e. they think that there is no choice.

we are only destined to be put in a situation as a direct result of our karam, and then, from there we have a choice of whether to act on that, or to not. either acting or not acting may be good or bad.

furthermore, it is written for a sikh to meet with sangat/ guru, but through the actions of our own choice, we either move toward the truth or away from it. so it is written for us to meet with say...sangat.. but we choose to progress that way or not.

on the larger scale/ higher level of thought, god sets our very thoughts in our minds. i.e. god gives us the mind to make our decisions.

god does everything. even the nirankaries/naamdharis etc.. god has put them there. even the incidents regarding the gurdwaras being bombed. god does all of that himself. this does not mean that we just let things happen and sit back. this is on a much deeper level tho. we have the mind and the guidence from our guru to get through any situation we have been put in, regarding karam or whatever. karam can be riped/washed. guru also says this.

now for a few corrections... the lines from the sohela you have posted you have got 2 lines mixed up..

kwim kroiD ngru bhu BirAw imil swDU KMfl KMfw hy ]

kaam karodh nagar bahu bhariaa mil saadhoo khanddal khanddaa hae |

The body-village is filled to overflowing with sexual desire and anger, which were broken into bits when I met with the Holy Saint.

pUrib ilKq ilKy guru pwieAw min hir ilv mMfl mMfw hy ]1]

poorab likhath likhae gur paaeiaa man har liv manddal manddaa hae |1|

By pre-ordained destiny, I have met with the Guru. I have entered into the realm of the Lord's Love. ||1||

and the laikha bit means, > if god writes it, then its written (... and i meet with guru...)

so this is why we have the ardaas. we waste our time asking for passing our exams :p and such things like this, when the true ardaas is the shabad. >kar kirpa har naam devaayo< >mera gun avgun na veechaaro koi< and other like this. we do the adraas so god writes our sanjog (sanjog means good fortune/luck...... sanjogi means the one who has been given the good fortune {through ardaas and asking god-some people dont have to do ardaas and they just get the gur prasaad} )

god made the rules,so he can change/ write new one. we do the naam and bani and the ardaas, god will listen.

another correction,

changiaaya buriaaya vaache dharam hadoor

karmi aapo aapni ke nerai ke door..

this means

the good deeds and baad deeds vuj in the vacinity of dharam raaj

(and if people haave done veechaar of paap and pun/ dukh and sukh i.e. getting lost in duality..then..)

their karam is their own, no matter how far away or close that particular karam is to somone.

the translation that is on sikhi to max etc is very very very distorted.

guru sahib says that paap pun doe ek samaan. good and bad is all the same.

...dukh sukh baho bhorgan hai; giyaanang, sumh dukh sukhang, jugat nirmal nirvairanha. in seheskriti salok.

the focal point of this tuk is that we are not supposed to do veechaar of dukh and sukh. when we are under the shelter of god, nothing touches us, hence the metephore of 'shelter' given in gurbani.

raam naam subh jag ka taarak!

dhan

gurfateh

All with their own views....and we are sure of nothing.

Bottomline: Every question would be best answered by a Sant, Brahmgyaani, Saadhu.

Rest all are unsure predicaments.

All with their own views....and we are sure of nothing.

Bottomline: Every question would be best answered by a Sant, Brahmgyaani, Saadhu.

Rest all are unsure predicaments.

i totally agree....

hum moorakh, tum chatar siaaanae. andhle giaan heen agyaani. moorakh mugdha janam bhayaa.

khu nwnk dieAwl suAwmI, sMqu, Bgqu, jnu, soeI ]2]5]36]

dhan guru dhan guru.

I agree with Valli Singh. This is the life where we can meet God and be one with Him. After alot of wanderings, we finally have a chance to attain salvation. Even devtays need to attain human for to attain salvation. Anyway, a quote from Bhagat Ravidas

Bahut janam bicuray tey madhoo, ih janam tumharey likhey.

Kaho ravidass as lag jivoh, chir beheyoh, dashan dekhey.

-I have been seprated so long from you, My Lord, This life is dedicated to You-

and one more from sukhmani

Firat firat prabh aiya, bareya tau sarnai,

nanak key prabh benti, apni bhagati layeh.

-I have been wandering countess lives, now, I have a chance to see You, OO Lord-

I believe, we have the HIGHEST luck to be born a sikh and follow it. Firstly, we have a Guru to guide us. The guru spells out in a very simple way how to be one with God. And the words of the Guru is from God itself!

Second, our guru says no need to go through fasting, rituals to attain salvation. So, I fo not need to pack up and go to the jungle.

Coming to think about it, every other religions have flaws, grave flaws. Kabeer have said, Ilam says God is in Mecca. But Kabeer says, He is all prevading. Also, in SGGS, it is said, the Moslems keep 1 month to be holy (Ramzan),..What about another 11 onths??

And American-european people have a goo life? Trust me, I spoke to many and many cant find the inner peace (great example was the beatles, where they have to go to a Guru in india).

Sagal srist ko raja dukhia, har ka naam japat hoye sukhia.

One can have all the money, but without Naam, no inner peace is found.

The beggars in India... It' suprising, but they are very drench in Maya. Poverty. I feel sorry for them. But Maya have enticed them. A real bramgiani is the one who do not have any money, but doesnt beg, but still remains happy.

I know one sant who used to live in Malaysia (sant sohan Singh ji), whise worldly possesion is his clothes, a bed, a clock a radio and a book. He lived in the gurdwara. That is a role model. And trust me, if we measure, i think he is poorer than the beggars in bombay.

So, the karma is not whether you are a beggar or not, but whether you can attain god in this lifetime.

To remain dead while alive, that is true karma.

ps- Valli Singh, thanks for correcting my Gurbanee. thank you so much.

Warm Regards.

Sitargirl,

The whole world goes around in circles, chasing after mayaa. Gurbanee says, why chase something when you are not taking it into the next world? What is for sure (death), people think it is so long more.

Donald trump, Bill gates, all are rich. Kings of the world. But the peace they obtain (which a saint gets) is none. Let me tell you a story:

Here in Malaysia, there are many politicians, and money is high on agenda. There is few i know are so engulfed in money that it is so hard to leave. Being moslems, they think by going to mecca at the age if 50 or 60 or 80 removes all their sins.

So, there is this one. When he wss on his death bed, be was shiverring. (The story told by my mother who is a nurse at that time). He refused to die. what the shaman (magic man or bomoh is called in malaysia) did was to take all his money in his safe, stuff it into his pillow and handed to him. He smiled, but as he was about to die, he stated shaking violently. Like how when someone is sleeping and you move his shoulders on top of him. Older saints said this is death pullling him away. And the money remained here. So, moral of story, even in death, one can is humiliated.

People chase after money, looks and all, but the ego does not depart. And through ego, we have greed, lust, etc.

anyway, feel free to ask. We will help in all your queries.

Regards. wjkk wjkf.