Tonight On Sikh Channel Live

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sangat jee

sikh channel has a forum of it own for ideas and discussions about the channel..

please post there any concerns or ideas you have regarding the channel...

by the way am not of any link to the channel just saying..

:D keep up the great seva sikh channel :D

My thoughts and opinions:

I really like the Sikh Channel especially the Live program, but can you please try and get good kathavajiks, i have watched i think its bhai boota singh and bhai amandeep singh and i dont think the quality of the katha vichar is doing justice to the Live program especially when you could get singhs like bhai balbir singh or bhai satnam singh DDT.

Also kirtan is on most of the day and night so talks, discussions and katha would be great to watch.

Gurfateh

I really like the Sikh Channel especially the Live program, but can you please try and get good kathavajiks, i have watched i think its bhai boota singh and bhai amandeep singh and i dont think the quality of the katha vichar is doing justice to the Live program especially when you could get singhs like bhai balbir singh or bhai satnam singh DDT.

Also kirtan is on most of the day and night so talks, discussions and katha would be great to watch.

Gurfateh

I disagree. As a family we have grown quite fond of Bhai Boota Singh and his jatha, my eldest kid (5 year old) wants to watch his katha/keertan every night. To us it's pretty high "quality" katha!

Gurfateh

I disagree. As a family we have grown quite fond of Bhai Boota Singh and his jatha, my eldest kid (5 year old) wants to watch his katha/keertan every night. To us it's pretty high "quality" katha!

Gurfateh rupinder singh

I totally agree that their katha is most suitible for your 5 year old child. From what i have seen i dont think they are as versed in gurbani or sikh history compared to the main stream kathavajiks. Didnt want to upset anyone or cause offense by my comments, sorry.

I tell you something, some 5 year olds out there know more about Sikhi than some adults i know. My point? Sikh Channel isnt trying to educate those who already know about Sikhi -- it wouldnt make sense. Our aim is to educate those who dont know what Sikhi is about. Who dont even know what the word Sikh means. We do have some great in-depth shows aimed at the older generation - what we have asked of Bhai Amardeep Singh and Bhai Butta Singh is to cater for those with very little knowledge and explain it in the simplest terms. Bhai Butta Singh and Bhai Amardeep Singh have been working with those either new into Sikhi or those who are very young of age. Therefore, its natural to ask them to aim their shows for that particular audience.

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. Please visit www.sikhchannel.tv where we take feedback for the shows via a small online forum.