Tonight On Sikh Channel Live

I tell you something, some 5 year olds out there know more about Sikhi than some adults i know. My point? Sikh Channel isnt trying to educate those who already know about Sikhi -- it wouldnt make sense. Our aim is to educate those who dont know what Sikhi is about. Who dont even know what the word Sikh means. We do have some great in-depth shows aimed at the older generation - what we have asked of Bhai Amardeep Singh and Bhai Butta Singh is to cater for those with very little knowledge and explain it in the simplest terms. Bhai Butta Singh and Bhai Amardeep Singh have been working with those either new into Sikhi or those who are very young of age. Therefore, its natural to ask them to aim their shows for that particular audience.

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. Please visit www.sikhchannel.tv where we take feedback for the shows via a small online forum.

WJKK WJKF

Both Bhai Butta Singh and Bhai Amardeep Singh have helped so many young kids into Sikhi and I think their vichaar is brilliant BECAUSE it is so easy to understand...they are exactly the kind of people we need to help educate and bring people onto the path.

WJKK WJKF :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VJKK VJKF!

(i dont mean to sound as though i'm shouting)

to SEARCHER, you say you have done some research into ustaad bhai butta singh, why dont you do research shree guroo granth saahib jee? it might actually help you in life. ustaad bhai butta singh has done sooo much seva for the youth and brought so many people into sikhi, his veechaar is just chardhi kalaa, he has not said anything wrong that goes against sikhi, all he has done is inspire others and help spread his knowledge, he is a great benefit to the panth and a great sevaadaar of the panth. he does sooo much for the youth and even older generation.

and this stuff about dasam granth baani, he DOES believe in it - FACT!

and also the stuff you said about khaalsaa jee making mistakes when pronouncing baani... whats that all about?!?!? its very easy to pronounce baani wrong, thats not even the point, i think you, SEARCHER, probably are the only person who thinks that pronouncing baani correctly is more important than getting sooo many people into sikhi and doing a lot of sevaa for the panth,i dont even know how you can say such things about a khaalsaa like that, shame on you SEARCHER

VJKK VJKF!

Ermmm pronouncing bani is VERY important!!

Without Santhiya, how can I speak to my Guru?

Without Santhiya, how can I call myself a Sikh of the Guru?

Without Santhiya, I hurt my Guru.

Without Santhiya, I disrespect Gurbani.

Without Santhiya, I change the meaning of Gurbani, by which Guru Har Rai Ji Maharaj disowned his son. By doing so, Maharaj will disown me.

Vaheguroo

what i'm trying to say is that YES it IS extreeemely important to read baani correctly, but when you dont know that you are saying it incorrectly the you cant do anything about it unless somebody tells you. And then once the person knows then they will make the effort to pronounce baani correctly, but dont judge them before they havent had the chance to ammend what they might be doing wrong.

am i making sense or not? :s