Tonight On Sikh Channel Live

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the Sikh Channel be available on Virgin?

Khalsa ji, you can watch some of the shows on this youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/KhalsaPanthMovement

'I disagree. As a family we have grown quite fond of Bhai Boota Singh and his jatha, my eldest kid (5 year old) wants to watch his katha/keertan every night. To us it's pretty high "quality" katha!'

Totaly with you on that bhai sahib :D

'I disagree. As a family we have grown quite fond of Bhai Boota Singh and his jatha, my eldest kid (5 year old) wants to watch his katha/keertan every night. To us it's pretty high "quality" katha!'

Thanks for the uploads.

Having only virgin media subscription, I have not able to watch the programs on TV.

Thanks for the uploads.

Having only virgin media subscription, I have not able to watch the programs on TV.

Banji its nothing rely, dw well be doing regular updates

My thoughts and opinions:

I really like the Sikh Channel especially the Live program, but can you please try and get good kathavajiks, i have watched i think its bhai boota singh and bhai amandeep singh and i dont think the quality of the katha vichar is doing justice to the Live program especially when you could get singhs like bhai balbir singh or bhai satnam singh DDT.

Also kirtan is on most of the day and night so talks, discussions and katha would be great to watch.

Gurfateh

vjkkvjkf!

im sorry but we have no right to call someone a bad kathavajik, who are we? if WE can do a better job, then why dont we try?? fact is we cant! both bhai sahibs are doing a great job! if anyone thinks they can do better please get in touch! : )

vjkk vjkf

Searcher i understand where your coming from, and to some extent i agree with you. Bhai sahib boota singh ji and bhai sahib amardeep singh ji are great as mentioned above for youth who are coming into sikhi and for kids who dont understand punjabi.

But katha for elders and people trying to progress in sikhi would like katha from kathakaars such as bhai sahib balbir singh ji and bhai sahib satnaam singh ji. So we need more katha by these kathakaars too please.

Vaheguru

I really like the Sikh Channel especially the Live program, but can you please try and get good kathavajiks, i have watched i think its bhai boota singh and bhai amandeep singh and i dont think the quality of the katha vichar is doing justice to the Live program especially when you could get singhs like bhai balbir singh or bhai satnam singh DDT.

Also kirtan is on most of the day and night so talks, discussions and katha would be great to watch.

Gurfateh

vjkkvjkf!

im sorry but we have no right to call someone a bad kathavajik, who are we? if WE can do a better job, then why dont we try?? fact is we cant! both bhai sahibs are doing a great job! if anyone thinks they can do better please get in touch! : )

vjkk vjkf

vjkk vjkf

Banji, Youve hit the nail on the head here, im with you on this. Since when did we have the kamai/avastha to call someone a bad parcharik? sangat ji don't hesistate to go to the sikh channel and say look I think i'll do a better job until then let's not sit on our 'internet thrones' <_<

Gurfateh

vjkkvjkf!

vjkk vjkf

vjkk vjkf

Banji, Youve hit the nail on the head here, im with you on this. Since when did we have the kamai/avastha to call someone a bad parcharik? sangat ji don't hesistate to go to the sikh channel and say look I think i'll do a better job until then let's not sit on our 'internet thrones' <_<

I did say sorry if i caused offensive and i didnt say bad kathavajik, i said "not doing justice". After getting involved in this discussion i did some research into bhai boota singh from some of his midlands UK students and i was shocked to hear that he does not believe in Sri Dasam Granth Bani's and has real problems pronoucing gurbani, if these facts are true, it can change a persons view on some one, especially when they are trying to teach sikhism.

Like i said i did not want to target anyone and i did not say "bad kathavajik" i just said "not doing justice" compared to other main stream kathavajiks.

I did say sorry if i caused offensive and i didnt say bad kathavajik, i said "not doing justice". After getting involved in this discussion i did some research into bhai boota singh from some of his midlands UK students and i was shocked to hear that he does not believe in Sri Dasam Granth Bani's and has real problems pronoucing gurbani, if these facts are true, it can change a persons view on some one, especially when they are trying to teach sikhism.

Like i said i did not want to target anyone and i did not say "bad kathavajik" i just said "not doing justice" compared to other main stream kathavajiks.

lol its makes me laugh wen someone says

"i did some research into bhai boota singh from some of his midlands UK students and i was shocked to hear that he does not believe in Sri Dasam Granth Bani's and has real problems pronoucing gurbani"

and then says

if these facts are true

What you mean to say that you have already presumed this to be true and therefore are making assumptions based on that............if you had doubts......your "reserach" will also tell you where and how to get in touch with Bhai Butta Singh and ask him these questions directly and then you do have clarification do you? :)

Until then......you, like many......will..............simply judge based on "well he/she sed this" without going directly to the person in question......

Aaaaah well..........my apologies if i sed anything bad......but i believe before making accusations or claims.............. the person is best to consult the person they are referring to and get the actual facts before posting information.....that has a very questionable foundation......

:)

Waheguru...