The Truth About Sikhs And Caste In India (video)

Ok, we can put the notion that all is well between castes in Panjab to rest now. Those so called high caste "Sikhs" can stop trying to deny or cover things up now.

Lets deal with this in a forthright manner.

If you love caste so much you are ready to fight and defend it, you should go back to Hinduism where that is a part of the faith.

'Untouchable' woman dies after Indian medics refuse treatment

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jcMJnB...uSncrG1Q6M0Aq9g

That's too messed. There are such things as latex gloves that are used when providing medical aid. :6

...honestly...

and I don't mean that they should use the gloves because they are helping someone from a different 'caste'. Gloves are to be used anyway.. I hope :6

What I meant was.. If a doctor is refusing to help the 'untouchables' when in need of medical aid, then who else will go near 'them'? Might as well open "'so-and-so' Hospital"s

This is ridiculous. When a person is following Sikhi, why should anything else matter?

My mother tells me I cannot marry someone from outside ____ because people 'lower' than 'us' have different ways of living. That may be so in India, because of the , already existing, segregation, but when people move to other countries, this thing should not be looked at all.

Even in India, it should change. However, the people living in the 'slums' and poorer areas are more likely to be doing drugs etc. Actually, the people who take care of our houses in India take drugs. but... They are actually Amrit-dhari... Doing drugs etc. Although my parents have tried to stop them, they don't listen because that is what their parents, and their parents' parents (etc) were living like... Which results in my parents telling me that even if I were to marry a person who is Amrit-dhari, he may not be physically 'clean' because of the drugs etc taken. I can understand her point of view, but we can't just leave things the way they are. If people are not given chances to change/do better, then how do we expect prosperous communities/countries?

Plus, even the Jatts are taking drugs now.. So this mindset should obviously change.

Instead of continuing this stupid ideology by keeping/growing the gaps because of segregation, people should realize that every person should be given equal chances and opportunities.

If a person born in a 'lower caste' was adopted into a family of 'higher caste' and followed everything that family did, the person would be looked at differently.. (I hope).

So it really does depend on backgrounds and upbringings within families, that divide 'a people' into 'peoples'.

Just like this, we have:

- Nanaksaree Gurudwaras

- Jatt Gurudwaras (that I just found out about :S )

- Dalit Gurudwaras (that I just found out about...)

- Ramgharian Gurudwaras

- NaamDhaaree Gurudwaras

..etc

Even in countries like Canada, there are Dalit and Ramgharian Gurudwaras.

Meaning.. what, exactly? ..... That people going to different Gurudwaras follow the same, ONE amazing religion, differently than others? That's pretty stupid, and against Sikhi.

I believe it's up to the younger generation to stop the continuation of this idiotic idea, of separating people because of their... 'oooooh Last Name'... Ridiculous, really.

Stop blaming the Brahmins and as for the the Jats they need to accept fully accept they have brought Sikhism in to disrepute in direct contradiction of the message of the Sikh Gurus!!!

Why not blame the bamans they control the caste system and put low castes against each other - why do the majority have a soft spot for brahmanvadhism? They are the cause of all evil brahmanvadh is a disease

what does bramhinvadh refer to ?

it the concept of heirachy of caste

The brahmins have not held power in Punjab for over five hundred years and yet we still blame them for the caste system prevelant in Punjab

As Sikhs we have to take responsibilty that the caste system has not been eradicated in our majority areas, even in the rural regions where we are in an overwhelming majority the caste system is deepluy entrecnhed

Only someone who has lived in Punjab can really appreciate the deep rooted caste divisions in Punjab

brahmins aint done crap. do you see them with a knife on a sikhs throat telling him/her to follow caste?

aakal purakh gave us the brain for a reasons, but majority of the sikhs have constantly failed to use our head and follow guru granth sahib ji.

brahmins were also around when sikhs stood as one under nishan sahib and refused to believe in the caste system. the difference was then sikhs followed sikhi completely, not like today where most of the sikhs including me follow one part and totally ignore the other. then we have the guts to tell others we are sikhs of the guru. forget about all other beadbis done by deras etc, we do the biggest beadbi by telling others we are sikhs yet we ignore all the teahings that happen to be a little more difficult than wearing a kara.