Nanaksar And Sant Baba Nand Singh Jee

Since alot of people like myself do not have much giaan about this Pooran Brahmgyani, i thought this thread could be used for the sangat to come and share any information they can find about Nanaksar and Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji. If something is to be discussed, please can you start a new thread for it! :)

Nanaksar and Sant Baba Nand Singh Jee

Located in Keleran Jagraon in Punjab, is the place where great rishis and munis lived during the golden age (Satyajug).It was a great tirth during the earlier ages of Satyajug, Dwaparjug and Tretehjug,where the seekers of truth would go for enlightment. It is believed that the jungles, that once surrounded Nanaksar was the very place where Bhagat Dhru had the vision of the supreme Lord.

When Kalyug began on 18 February 3102 BC the tirth slowly began to loss its importance, as the people of Kalyug became materialistic and lost interest in spiritual life. When the supreme Lord came as Purantavavtar Satguru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj he visited this place and predicted that in coming times,he will take Avatar as Baba Nand Singh and will bring this great tirth into light, for the benefit of Mankind. Thus this place was brought into light by Brahm Giani , the Lord himself in the form of Dhan Baba Nand Singh.

Utmost Respect should be shown to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

One instance of the utmost devotion and respect shown by Baba Ji can be seen when in the winter season of 1938, Baba Ji visited the town of Baghanwala, where the thaath could not be constructed immediatly. Baba Ji said that they have not come there to eat food, but to have the Grace and the Sight of Divine Guru, and if Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not brought here by tomorrow, he shall go elsewhere.

On this, the whole town came to the spot and worked for a day and a night. The Thaath was constructed. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was brought by S. Sukhs Singh Manglani. After the kirtan of the morning Shabad, Asa Di // had finished, Baba Ji submitted to the Guru, "O True King! I am highly thankful to you. Blessed are the paths, on which you have travelled. Kindly excuse me for the trouble that you have taken. I beg your pardon".

Baba Ji then took off his long dastaar, keeping the small one tied on the head. He first wiped the feet of Bhai Sukha Singh with it and then, spreading it on the ground, requested Bhai Sahib to walk on it after carrying Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji on his head. He compiled with this direction. Thus, the great saint Baba Nand Singh Ji used to love Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

ਭਗਤ ਤੇਰੇ ਸਭਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਣਪਤਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਤੂੰ ਭਗਤਨ ਕਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ॥੨॥

bhagath thaerae sabh praanapath preetham thoon bhagathan kaa piaaraa ||2||

Babaji often emphasized that everyone could get the merit equivalent to a complete reading of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj by:

1. Completing the recitation of 50 paaths of Sukhmani Sahib; or

2. Completing the recitation of 250 paaths of Japu Ji Sahib; or

3. Completing six rosaries (108 beads) daily, for one month, of the Mool Mantra (From Ik Oangkaar To Naanak Hosee Bhee Sach)

Thus, those who could not read Gurmukhi or have access to Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, could obtain this merit.

The real purpose of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj was to have the Sangat get involved in recitation of Naam and Gurbani.

-Dr. Hakam Singh's 'Life Stories of Great Sikh Saints'.

babaji1.jpg

So unique, mysterious and miraculous was the relationship between the holy disciple and the divine Satguru. Such wonderful is the divine reciprocation of prema, of divine love.

o.gifnce Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj was journeying bare-footed through a dense jungle with His feet profusely bleeding with instuck thorns. He wanted to visit His beloved Master after a year's long tapasaya and was heading towards the railway station, a long distance away. A camel rider who happened to cross His way, stopped, got down and offered the camel to Baba Ji. He made Baba Ji sit comfortably on the camel and then proceeded towards the railway station. While thus walking, the man removed the thorns from Baba Ji's bleeding feet one by one. He, at the railway station, purchased a ticket and made Baba Ji comfortable in the train. When Baba Ji reached the holy presence of Baba Harnam Singh Ji Maharaj and was in the process of paying His homage, Baba Harnam Singh Ji Maharaj applied the dust of the holy feet of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj on His forehead. Baba Ji, thus bewildered, started crying. On this, Baba Harnam Singh Ji Maharaj smiled and asked Him why He did not cry when He removed the thorns from His feet on the way to railway station. So unique, mysterious and miraculous was the relationship between the holy disciple and the divine Satguru. Such wonderful is the divine reciprocation of prema, of divine love. Little did anyone know then that this towering Divinity spending all his time in deep and long meditation in complete solitude, was to become known to the world as the great spiritual preceptor and beloved Master of Mahan Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj.

• 2 weeks later...

b.gifaba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj lived in God from His very childhood till the very last moment He was the first Sage who wanted to see God face to face in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. He yearned to talk to His Beloved Lord in person, serve and love Him. He was not content with mere theory and belief. The yearning for direct God Realisation was clearly manifest in His infancy and He remained in a state of divine contemplation and meditation, perpetually.

Karah parshad is reverentially offered to Sri Guru Granth Sahib all over since the last few centuries. Baba Ji was not content with mere offering of Karah prashad. He yearned for its practical and sure acceptance. He was not satisfied at leaving anything to fancy or with mere ritual. He yearned to see the Eternal Guru in Sri Guru Granth Sahib face to face, in flesh and blood. He loved God as a living Reality and not merely as a fanciful ideal. He was dead set to achieve manifestation of His Lord Guru Nanak from Sri Guru Granth Sahib or die. The Lord of Love, Guru Nanak manifested Himself physically from Sri Guru Granth Sahib and accepted and relished the love and parshad of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj, never to leave Him again.

With the Grace and Blessings of Baba Harnam Singh Ji Maharaj, Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj brought Sri Guru Nanak Sahib to the people, face to face, He established the Eternal Glory of Sri Guru Granth Sahib as a living Eternal Guru on such a grand foundation and scale that it radiates out to the whole world in all splendour.

Another unique, distinct and peculiar characteristic is that Babaji was blessed with all the power and glory of God, which was manifest from His very childhood. Humanity was enveloped, engulfed and overtaken by this Grace and blessing as by an Ocean of Divinity in spate. Dimensions of this unprecedented Grace and the mass of blessing which Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj was, is only indicative of a prophet's manifestation on earth. He liberated the creation from bondage which only a great Messiah, a Prophet of love and harmony can do.

I was a witness to the mighty spiritual force at work, in the mammoth congregations of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj which embraced all creation including animal life, in granting redemption. Having witnessed great spiritual wonders and miracles with my own eyes in the holy presence of Babaji, I feel amazed at the views of some sceptics who doubt the veracity and authenticity of these miracles and spiritual wonders in the context of our Supreme Lord Guru Nanak in His earthly life span.

Babaji's spiritual power and force in its divine play is quite distinct from the acquisition and attainment of Self-Realisation of an ordinary saint or faqir. Babaji came endowed, equipped and crowned with all the power of God and His Glory. He inundated the place He visited and all life there with that Grace and blessing. As the sun, His physical presence would release most powerful spiritual rays engulfing every heart in purity and illumining every soul with the Glory of Sri Guru Nanak Sahib. He was a Prophet who came for the redemption of all creation.

Every activity of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj was flavoured with self-effacement, self-denial and self-abnegation. Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj was a symbol of Supreme devotion to and supreme surrender at the lotus feet of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. The words 'I' and 'My' never passed through His holy lips. In the sphere of total devotion and total surrender 'self' does not come in. And I do not think the world has witnessed such a climax of self denial, self abnegation and self effacement as in case of Baba Ji.

Hallowed is His holy name, hallowed is His sublime culture and maryada and hallowed His saga of self effacement.

True devotion demands total detachment, total renunciation. Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj had surpassed all conceivable limits of tyag, renunciation, detachment, vairag. Being totally detached from the world, He was wholly attached and devoted to Sri Guru Granth Sahib. He today stands out and worshipped as the Paragon of devotion to Sri Guru Granth Sahib, as the Apostle of Nanak Bhakti.