Books On Gatka

roop33

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nanak Dev Singh is also a student of Niddar Singh

Niddar Singhs series of 10 books on Shastarvidiya will cover its history, traditionals, phylosophy and strategies, it will not be a manual for Shastarvidiya as it would be impossible to learn. It is hard enough to learn it in person at the akhara, let alone trying to learn the thousands of variables that occur within a fight thru a book!

Baba Gyana Singhs book is very basic in terms of what is published, he even states that in there that it is a basic guide, however they provde the mantar from Sri Bhagauti Astotar, after which they state "Jo Iss Mantar Ka Jaap Karega, Uss Nu Sri Mahakaal Deh Khazaneh Vicho Aad Shakti Deh Penthreh Millegeh", which is a refference to the Chandi / Mahakaal penthras, There is also images of Baba Gyana Singh in the MahaVishnu Mudra.

Traditionally the highest levels of the vidiya are not noted down or written down to be passed on, it is the Gurdevs duty to pass the skills and techniques via personal teaching, and the students duty is to practice over and over and attain the vidiya through Kartiv practice.

Over the years you learn so much, to put that onto paper is a near impossible task. Those who truely wish to learn should seek out a competant teacher and put in the dedication to learn, in the same way how Raag, Santhiya and other skills cannot be learnt from books, the same way true Shastarvidiya cannot be learnt.

VJKK VJKF

Hi,

Please could you let me know which books you have. I have seen one which is called Gatka-Dance of the sword, have you got that one?

If you are having problems with PM, then you can email me on raj281@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks. By the way I am based in Birmingham,

if you are close, I could come and pick them up.

Thanks

VJKK VJKF

Nanak Dev Singh is also a student of Niddar Singh

Niddar Singhs series of 10 books on Shastarvidiya will cover its history, traditionals, philosophy and strategies, it will not be a manual for Shastarvidiya as it would be impossible to learn. It is hard enough to learn it in person at the akhara, let alone trying to learn the thousands of variables that occur within a fight thru a book!

Baba Gyana Singhs book is very basic in terms of what is published, he even states that in there that it is a basic guide, however they provde the mantar from Sri Bhagauti Astotar, after which they state "Jo Iss Mantar Ka Jaap Karega, Uss Nu Sri Mahakaal Deh Khazaneh Vicho Aad Shakti Deh Penthreh Millegeh", which is a refference to the Chandi / Mahakaal penthras, There is also images of Baba Gyana Singh in the MahaVishnu Mudra.

Traditionally the highest levels of the vidiya are not noted down or written down to be passed on, it is the Gurdevs duty to pass the skills and techniques via personal teaching, and the students duty is to practice over and over and attain the vidiya through Kartiv practice.

Over the years you learn so much, to put that onto paper is a near impossible task. Those who truly wish to learn should seek out a competant teacher and put in the dedication to learn, in the same way how Raag, Santhiya and other skills cannot be learnt from books, the same way true Shastarvidiya cannot be learnt.

^^^what he said

VJKK VJKF

Dear Veerji,

No offence taken. I will state again that I have no problem with people learning Shastar Vidiya at all! However I do not agree with the Hindu slant that is taken in the class. No offence to Hindus at all. but Mr SV does drop sly comments about Hinduism to confuse people in his lessons. How do I know this? Because I have been to his akhara in Birminghm and experienced first hand. I do not wish to put money into his pocket so that he can go on confusing little children (who only want to learn self defense) about sikhism and ruining lives in the process. He is very clever ans sly!

Also what he teaches wil not work when put under an extreme adrenalised pressure test - you will simply get a log jam of techniques i.e. not knowing what to do.

Sorry, but these are my feelings.

Sorry if I have offended anyone - but I won't support anti-panthic people!

VJKK VJKF

Also what he teaches wil not work when put under an extreme adrenalised pressure test - you will simply get a log jam of techniques i.e. not knowing what to do.

Sorry, but these are my feelings.

soo i guess the bhujangis who used the vidiya, guess it never worked as they were in battle and under extreme pressure with swords arrows bullets coming from all directions :rolleyes: .

May I just say what you put in to the vidiya is what you get return, you attended the bham akara, but for how long? how long did you train at home? i dont think that long because if you trained properly then you would be good and it will work! but under extreme pressure it wont work :)

VJKK VJKF

Dear Veerji,

I went to the akhara once, I didn't go back because of MR SV and the his following remarks:

1. I am sanatan - hindu sikh not a sikh!

2. I eat meat and drink alcohol - you need it to be a warrior!

3. Told all students to remove kara's before entering his class

4. Swore at local gatka teachers - calling them parts of the female anatomy

5. Sikhs are part of hinduism

6. he swears in his class - non stop

So now you tell me Veerji, the great Akali Baba Mohinder singh Ji - found only this TWAT to teach SV to? Nobody else in the whole world, no one but this twat? Why couldn't he have taught some gursikhs, who are not anti-panthic, or sponsored by the indian government?WHY?

That is the reason i didn't go back.

And never will - i state again, the puratan sikhs could use vidiya on the battlefield because they had the power of NAAM!

What has Mr SV got? -- -BAD BREATH!

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF

Dear Veerji,

I went to the akhara once, I didn't go back because of MR SV and the his following remarks:

1. I am sanatan - hindu sikh not a sikh!

2. I eat meat and drink alcohol - you need it to be a warrior!

3. Told all students to remove kara's before entering his class

4. Swore at local gatka teachers - calling them parts of the female anatomy

5. Sikhs are part of hinduism

6. he swears in his class - non stop

So now you tell me Veerji, the great Akali Baba Mohinder singh Ji - found only this TWAT to teach SV to? Nobody else in the whole world, no one but this twat? Why couldn't he have taught some gursikhs, who are not anti-panthic, or sponsored by the indian government?WHY?

That is the reason i didn't go back.

And never will - i state again, the puratan sikhs could use vidiya on the battlefield because they had the power of NAAM!

What has Mr SV got? -- -BAD BREATH!

VJKK VJKF

if you look back on my post history i said '' i shall stop posting stuff about niddar singh as i have spent to much time arguing over nonsense like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now before i say what my repone is...first of all if you didnt like what he said why didnt you speak out!? if he said ''I am sanatan - hindu sikh not a sikh'' then you say good for you. hes not going to hurt you if you say something about what hes said which you dont like, heard of freedom of speech? the class is not a dictatorship its not stalins rule, there is no censorship there hes not going to say what you can or cant say! so speak your mind!

this isnt relevant to this topic but as you insit i shall respond.

and LOL to ''MR SV'' his name isnt Lord Voldemort, he wont came after you or nothing bad will happen to you if you say his name lool.

1.soo because of his ''beliefs'' you stopped going? nice

2. who cares what he does, its not like he is tellign YOU to eat meat and drink? hes said chatka is fine as per nihang rehit it says chatka is fine but that doesnt mean I am going to eat meat, i have my views everyone else has their own, he did not force a piece of lamb down your throat? then whats wrong with his remark ''i eat meat'' my family eat meat it doesnt mean im going to eat it with them!

3. reason why people take of their kareh is because if you see most student have a kara which is big etc so it would be logical to take it off as you wouldn't want to hurt the person! you can wear a kara just tell your sparing partner you wish to wear it but if it is a big one its likely he wouldn't like that as he may get hit with it.

4. lol, you should have asked him why he is saying that or tell the gatka teachers what hes saying so they can deal with him.

5. like i said you should have asked him why he is saying that instead of keeping your mouth shut in class.

6.he swears in his class? everyone swears! ive heard many ''panthic'' people swear apparently gursikhs and i dont mean the F word i mea hardcore gala just disgusting!

hmm now to me ''he great Akali Baba Mohinder singh Ji'' that seems a bit sarcastic and i hope you arent being sarcastic! it was luck or fate as some may put it ''mr SV'' met him and learned the vidiya, i guess a gursikh should have met baba Mohinder singh at the mela...

and I would absolutely love to see you call him a twat in his face now that is a sight to see, seeing as you cant even say his name what is it too much fear saying his name? but you can call him a twat :lol:

show me proof hes sponsored by the indian government? im sponsored by the Kenyan government to infiltrate this country and spread my lies and propaganda :)

well im glad you wont go back again :p

ooooo soo the babeh could use the vidiya but niddar singh cant and he will crumble under the pressure? reminds me he crumbled under the pressure in the demonstration he had in Leciester when he showed many many people some techniques of the vidiya so you soo right my ''paji'' the vidiya woudlnt work in real life.

and as for bad breath all i can say is LOL, you sound soo perfect i bet you dont even have a blemish or better i bet your dhari is soo nice.

sorry if i sounded sarcastic at any point :)

regards

caveman