Black Black Black Black

AK-47

The colour black represents protest and death and has been used by Sikhs on many occasions to protest against regimes and people. It was used by the babbar akali's protesting and fighting against the British and more recently it was used by Sikhs in Panjab protesting against ram raheem and the choota sauda sect.

After the Indian Government killed 40+ sikhs in Kashmir in 2000, the sikhs again did a protest where they waved black flags through the streets. Sikhs in the UK also would wear black dastars and chunnis in the 80's on the 1984 marches.

As such, singhs are preparing a couple of hundred black flags and are asking that sangat wear black dastars, chunnis, patka's, clothes etc to show our feelings about 1984 on the Hyde Park March this Sunday in London.

Please ask all the sangat, parents etc to wear black. If not all black, then at least black dastar/chunni's.

The singhs need at least 300 people dressed in all black to carry the black flags in a large group at the march. So please take part.

If you can make your own as well that will be great! Please spread the word everywhere.

1984 was a STAIN on WORLD history. Darbar Sahib with its 4 doors is open to all people from all corners of the world. But the world turned its back. We need to remind them of this BLACK deed.

Please wear black and explain its significance. (A flyer will be prepared for the day, but if anyone else wants to do one as well, please do!)

Someone has sent a message saying, 'that they dont know how to tie a black dastarr' ... :6

Erm it would be exactlly the same as your normal one, except that it would be black in colour ... :umm:

hahahaha just copy mine in the picture. but like you said - black instead of blue!!icon6.gif

no offence or nothing and as a sikh I completely see where this comes from. In India this would very probably make sense to external observers however, remember this, we're in ENGLAND. As it is, we already get a lot of bad attitude towards us because like it or not we 'resemble' various militant muslim groups. The fact that we wear colours other than black tends to differentiate us from them. Which in my opinion is a good thing. Think about it, if you see a thousand 'muslim-looking' people walking towards you in black shouting (lets face it) quite violent slogans... how you gonna react as an average english citizen? Probably with aggression, suspicion and act stand-offish... the idea of this march isnt just about letting the Indians know we want justice but others too, like the goreh.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or anything, I just think you should take this into account and have some pretty good leaflets to get them on side, or it'll just be another day wasted in the sun.

no offence or nothing and as a sikh I completely see where this comes from. In India this would very probably make sense to external observers however, remember this, we're in ENGLAND. As it is, we already get a lot of bad attitude towards us because like it or not we 'resemble' various militant muslim groups. The fact that we wear colours other than black tends to differentiate us from them. Which in my opinion is a good thing. Think about it, if you see a thousand 'muslim-looking' people walking towards you in black shouting (lets face it) quite violent slogans... how you gonna react as an average english citizen? Probably with aggression, suspicion and act stand-offish... the idea of this march isnt just about letting the Indians know we want justice but others too, like the goreh.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or anything, I just think you should take this into account and have some pretty good leaflets to get them on side, or it'll just be another day wasted in the sun.

In discussions off-line it has been suggested the leaflets not only talk about the significance of BLACK - remembrance/protest/defiance, but also KESHRI - the colour of the Nishan Sahib (Sikh flag), freedom, colour worn by the five beloved ones that will lead the remembrance march etc.

This message in the leaflets will also go with - Remembrance March AND Freedom Rally.

Texts, emails, discussion groups should therefore emphasise to wear predominantly Black and Keshri.

Around 1,000 orange/yellow t-shirts were already distributed in April, 2,000 keshri t-shirts have been distributed this week

There will be large Nishan Sahibs and small Khalistan flags that will be Keshri

1,984 orange balloons - with Never Forget 84 (in blue) have been produced

There will be many with Keshri dastaars, chunnis etc. and probably lots with black hoodies

Therefore, it makes sense to promote Black and Keshri and go for the dual message. This also links well with the message of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale Ji that the Indian army assault on the Darbar Sahib Complex will lay the foundation stone for Khalistan.

That's a bit better...I'm also producing a leaflet on Sikhi - basic tenets etc. for those who dont know who we are (believe me there's a LOT of people) I thought it would make sense....where we way 'sikhs want justice' a lot of people will saying 'what's a sikh?'

who says the muslims have ownership over a colour?

And who cares if we do look a little militant? I think that would be a good thing. Lets keep this in context ... were talking about 25 years since Sri Harimandir Sahib was attacked ... and the issue is that we might look a 'little militant/muslim'?

25 years of doing peaceful happy go lucky rallies has achieved what? Lets be brutally honest, flower power has achieved us nothing. But seeing as we must abide by the laws we continue anyway and do the best we can.

However, the Indians, the ENGLISH and others need to realise that this is not just another 'day wasted in the sun' or a walk around for a bunch of hippies. If they feel a shiver down their spine then good! They need to see and hear the pain of the Sikhs, and to realise that we want justice, but also .. that we are prepared to get it, by whichever means we are forced to adopt (with guru jis kirpa).

Your perfectly entitled to your view, I just think that the last thing we need to worry about when wearing a certain colour of clothing is that we may look like muslims. If we go down that line, then might as well put away the beards and turbans as well ... and god forbid anyone realise that these muslim lookalikes also carry daggers!