Guru Granth Sahib Disrespected ( Again! )

Shame on MP Bob Ainsworth -Expenses -now this

Yet more disrespect for Guru Granth Sahib

On Wednesday the 27th of May Harriet Harman the deputy prime minister and Bob Ainsworth Minister for Armed forces and MP for Coventry North East, together with Nina Gill the labour E.U. Parliamentry candidate visited the Gurdwara Guru Nanak Parkash in Coventry.

This visit was privately arranged and known only to some of Bob Ainsworths friends and supporters within the current committee After arriving and being met by the Gurdwara president and some other members they had a private meeting in a downstairs hall.

Following this the whole group of around 40-50 people moved upstairs to the main Divan hall where the visitors were given a saropa by the committee.

What is remarkable is that throughout this process and despite being reminded by the vice stage secretary while still downstairs to cover heads and remove shoes ( which everyone did ) Bob Ainsworth kept his shoes on and his head uncovered throughout the whole process, even recieving saropa without a word being said or any one raising any objections! It was only after someone in the Sangat eventually shouted out his disgust that the minister eventually removed his shoes and placed them next to Maharajah palki and quickly covered his head before having a photo taken.

Its hard to comprehend how this total lack of respect for our eternal Guru and disregard for the most basic protocol of visiting a Gurdwara could be allowed to happen. Who does Bob Ainsworth think he is ? Over the years he's been in many many Gurdwaras and is well aware of the procedures so ignorance is not a defence, however despite his own disregard of Sikh protocol the greatest guilt must lay with those committee members who stood by and allowed this to happen and who in true Punjabi fashion put their quest for political and personal favours above any concept of respect for their faith or Guru Granth Sahib.

On the following Sunday( and responding to growing anger and disgust within the Sangat) a half hearted apology was reluctantly made on stage but quite frankly this is not enough. If these people were truly Sikhs the barest minimum would be to confess to the Panje Pyare and take any punishment given but if they have so little respect or belief in Guru Ji why would they have any more in the Panje. Those committee members concerned should immediately resign, every day they remain is an insult to the Sangat and to the Guru. Furthermore Bob Ainsworth should be asked make a very public apology.

This is the latest in a string of disrespectful acts by members of this current and self elected committee. including the non Amrit Dhari Librarian who, when taking schools on tours has twice been seen ripping the Ramala from Guru ji without any respect or ceremony and referring to Guru Granth Sahib always as a book! (and this man has a copy of Guru Granth Sahib in his home ! )

How much longer should we tolerate this behaviour of self serving committees who run Gurdwaras as nothing more than their own personal clubs, from which they play out their corrupt political games and hidden agendas and who court politicians in the hope of personal favours, leverage and protection as if they were still in the Punjab.

A petition has been started registering the sangats disgust and outrage which calls for the immediate resignation of those committee members involved. Further actions including a peaceful demonstration programme or event are also being planned.

Alternatively if you would like to lodge a personal complaint directly to Bob Ainsworth or GNP Gurdwara they can be contacted at the following:

Bob Ainsworth MP, Bayley House, 22-23 Bayley Lane, Coventry, CV1 5RJ

Tel: 02476 22 67 07 Fax: 02476 433 401

Westminster

Bob Ainsworth MP House of Commons Westminster London SW1A 0AA

email smithn@parliament.uk fax 020 7219 2889 phone 020 7219 4047

Gurdwara Guru Nanak Parkash 71 - 81 Harnall lane Coventry tel 02476 226057 ( 7-8 pm)

Im disgusted by MP Bob Ainsworth.

And even more disgusted by the comittee.

They came as politicians, and their actions reflect that. They need to keep their political visits outside of the gurdwara.

I've seen complete outsiders come into a gurdwara and show the upmost respect by covering their heads and removing their shoes. So can he not do the same?

Its the job of a gurdwara comitee to ensure all outsiders who visit, do so while showing respect.

THey were too busy running around getting the siropa ready that they overlooked the respect of their own guru. Shame.

I'm glad a member of the sangat had the courage to speak out.

OH MY GOD!

lisen why are people blaming this Bob guy, does he even know where he was? it was probably all alien to him.

Unless someone told him to take his shoes off and cover his head and he refused

the beadbi was done by the stupid committee who need juthia on their faces!

i don't think an apology is enough can someone please print this in desh pardes please.

satnaam waheguru ji

thats MESSED UP!! ...seriously people go all mad for these kind of people, who cares theyre nothing special...nobody is!

maharajs satkaar must be done, the committe needed to make it clear to them! I CNT BELIEVE IT!

but not surprised at the same time, i know some committe members and theyre not great when it comes to doing satkarr for maharaj!

waheguru