Gurufateh G

TejiKaur

gurufateh g

sorry for my ignorence but im a bit confused

Dhan Dhan Bhai Gurdas Ji was in his physical body from the time of Guru Nanak Dev ji till Guru HarGobind Ji jaina

i was reading the vaar and I was surprised to find that http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...=41&pauri=5

the shabad Vaah Vaah Gobind Singh Ape Gur Chela is included in the vaar

i always that that shabad was written by the other Bhai Gurdas Ji the who was Guru Jis devotee and poet

when I googled it it said that Bhai Gurdas Ji was in his physical bosy from 1551 to 1636

anyone have any explenations im a bit confused on this?

I think Bhai Vir Singh jee collected all of Bhai Gurdas jees vara. Ive been told by many people that Bhai Gurdas jees vara were previously not compiled in one granth...im not sure if this is true, however when Bhai Vir Singh jee edited Bhai Gurdas jees vara (The one who is from the 3rd to 6th guru jees time), he also added Bhai Gurdas singh jee vara (the one from Guru Gobind Singh jees time) into one granth. Bhai Gurdas jee (The one is from the 3rd and 6th guru jees time) Kabitt Swayaai were edited in a separate granth. So the Bhai Gurdas jee whos bani was given the key of the Guru Granth Sahib jee actually has 2 granths. Have alook at Bhai Vir singh jees books for more info.

I think the postive outcome of this was that the bani Bhai Gurdas jee of Guru Gobind Singh jees time was also published. The Last // is the vaar of Bhai Gurdas Singh jee (Guru Gobind Singh jees time). The only sad thing is that by publishing the Kabbit Swayyai separatly, many people do not know they exist.

Ive been told by elders that about 60/70 years ago the panth confirmed that other than Guru granth sahib jee, Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth, the writings of Bhai Gurdas jee (the first one), Bhai Gurdas jee (the second one) and Bhai Nand Lal Singh jees, kirtan of their writings could also be done in darbar. At Darbar Sahib you will only see the shabads from the above granths sung. This confirmation was made because some people questioned whether anything could be sung outside of Guru Sahib jees bani. I would not be suprised if events such as these led to Bhai Vir Singh jee editing the vara and kabitt swayyai and doing the translations.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use