Drunken Mistake, Need Help Now!

Guest _anonymous_

Guest _anonymous_

im going to start with i know the mistakes ive made are of the worst kind and that im possibly the worst sikh out there...

let me start i am 18 yrs old and i live in Queens, NY, i was born here and lived my whole life here. around the age of 15 i took amrit and then broke it at the age of 17. i cut my hair, wax and evrything..

recently, at my friends bday party i tried liquor for the first time and i got drunk by that point only me and one of my guy friends were up and we were getting drunk together...i think we might have done some stuff but i dont know....because everyone else was either sleeping or gone to drop someone off at home since it was already like 7in the morning...

what am i supposed to do now? call the guy and ask him what happened? or just let it go...

can yu answer my ques first and then tell me how to be a better sikh....thnak yu

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP:

If you even suspect that you had sex, get a pregnancy and std test and go see your dr.

If it didn't go that far, then don't dwell on the guilt-feelings and use this as an opportunity to improve your jeevan: start regular naam simran and attempt to do your nitnem every day.

And don't drink again. If you end up in a similar situation because of alcohol, you will have only yourself to blame.

Edit: and if your "guy friend" took advantage of your drunkeness, then you obviously cannot trust him. Get new friends.

K

Guest _anonymous_

i definetely didnt have sex..but im not the kind of girl tht goes around kissing guys...i think that we got to second basee..

i hope everyone knows what that is.. i mean i textd the guy saying im sorry for whatever i did last night or said and all he said was "lol k"...

do yu think he remembers or not?

You've made a mistake and now you're learning about the consequences of making a mistake.

I too would suggest attending a genito-urinary medicine clinic and getting yourself tested for sexually transmitted infections. It is better to be safe than sorry a second time.

Other than that, in contacting the guy, what will you achieve? He might tell you the truth or he might lie to you. Since you do not know what happened, you have no way of telling whether he speaks the truth. He could say 'nothing happened' which might be true. He might also be lying, using your drunkedness to shield the truth.

The most important thing about making mistakes is learning from them. What have you learnt from making this mistake? What will you do to prevent it happening again.

Je Ko Gur Te Vemukh Hovai, Bin Satgur Mukht Naa Paavai

One, who turns away from the Guru (becomes vemukh), does not find liberation without the True Guru.

Thats what you have done, Bibi: You have cheated your Guru...Unfortunately.

And without Maharaj Ji, we are lost. Gur Bin Ghor Andhar, Guroo Bin Samaj Na Aavai. And this is not just a mere saying, you NOW know this better than anyone else here. Don't you?

bhoolee bhoolee thhal charraa thhal charr ddoogar jaao ||

Wandering around and making mistakes, I climb the plateau; having climbed the plateau, I go up the mountain.

ban mehi bhoolee jae firaa bin gur boojh n paao ||

But now I have lost my way, and I am wandering around in the forest; without the Guru, I do not understand.

naavahu bhoolee jae firaa fir fir aavo jaao ||7||

If I wander around forgetting God's Name, I shall continue coming and going in reincarnation, over and over again. ||7||

We keep making the same mistakes again and again. This is how hopeless we are. Then comes a time where we give up on ourselves. And if you are lucky, you are still able to hear him calling you. Still, however, not many people choose to listen to his call. But if you have heard his call Bibi, then heed to what it's saying to you. Come Back Into Guru Nanak Saheb's House. He's your parent. Even if he gets a little mad at you, it's for your own good. But do come back. And...Go to the doctor and find out what exactly 'happened'.

Then...pray to Maharaj Ji. Thank him if you had been lucky. If not, then as 'Warrior' mentioned above that please 'learn' from your mistakes. Don't sit in a dark room crying over your deeds. Instead light up your room and grab Maharaj Ji's hand through Gurbani and get back to where you belong. We belong with Maharaj Ji. No one else here can help you expect Maharaj Ji. Understand this.

Amrit cannot be 'broken' but Bibi you have abandoned both your rehits 'inner' and 'outer' for a long time now. So yes, do consider taking Amrit again. Pray for this blessing. He is forever merciful. You shall be forgiven.

kaam krodhh kilabikh gur kaattae pooran hoee aasaa jeeo ||3||

The Guru has cut out the sinful mistakes of sexual desire and anger, and my hopes have been fulfilled. ||3||

Only Maharaj Ji (Guru Sahiban) can 'heal' your inner state of being which at the moment seems not so good at all.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Guest _nobody_
i definetely didnt have sex..but im not the kind of girl tht goes around kissing guys...i think that we got to second basee..

i hope everyone knows what that is.. i mean i textd the guy saying im sorry for whatever i did last night or said and all he said was "lol k"...

do yu think he remembers or not?

whatcha mean by "second basee"